Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 57

Author Topic: Operation Overlord, Day Five: Game Over! Town, Town-Ally, and Survivor Victory!  (Read 110311 times)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
Re: Operation Overlord, Day Five: Day Four: Another One Bites The Dust
« Reply #570 on: January 18, 2015, 11:21:07 pm »

That's okay.  ;D
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: January 18, 2015, 11:36:13 pm »

Mustacheese. (after re-reading the forum again, I think you performed a night action during your watch instead of looking. This makes me think that you are possibly mafia who had nothing in the night to fear)
?
Kindly explain the thought process behind this. I want to hear it.

Alright, I'm going to do the reads thing along with everyone else.

Scum

flabort: You don't claim miller, stating that it reveals you as third party. Even though the whole point of claiming miller is so cops don't waste their time on you.
After TolyK inspects you, he dies. While our other cop (who trusts you) is still alive, only just now sure that he isn't insane.
You claim that you are actually the third cop in the game so far, but your one-shot conveniently hit someone who dies. Stop dodging the question. Who did you target. Why.
What have you done with your other powers? What did you do Nights 1 and 2?
Also, this.
It means that I'm basically in command of the town? Yes, I'm on a team with the other townies.
Except for the fact that some people want me dead, I guess that's worth a court marshal (did those exist in the time period this is set in?).

'Fire Team Leader' is flavor, referring to my status as CPL instead of PVT; meaning that I rank above common vanilla towny soldiers, but still below the general or a Sergeant. Speaking of Sergeants, it seems that ours is dead, and had it in for the town.

TL;DR: I think it's flavor. And refers to being in charge of some Privates, hence multiple abilities.
I'm going to borrow Tiruin's orange for a second.
The sheer number of times you mention "the town" is enough to make most people scan through this to see any scum-slips. That bit I've highlighted in particular trips that bell for me. Quite frankly, you seem to be trying too hard to be town. Also amusing that you're now our leader. Fitting.

Vivalas: Has been nigh absent. He's probably qualified for a policy lynch by now, and I really don't want him to still be around if we reach a mylo situation in that state. I can't even say I think he's scummy, because there simply isn't enough of him to go over.

Comrade Shamrock: Still something about him I don't quite like, but I can't put a finger on it.

Deathsword/origamiscienceguy:  I'm putting these two on the same level. OSG only just recently replaced in, but seems to be doing fairly well at scumhunting. (Although I'd really like to hear the explanation on thinking I have a night action).
DS is still catching up, though, so I don't have a whole lot to say on him.

Deus Asmoth: A cop, as far as I can trust it. There's nothing majorly alarming about him to me. Although the fact that everyone seems to be trusting in him makes me feel compelled to believe in the possibility that the majority could be wrong, and that he's somehow being extremely clever.

TheDarkStar: The closest thing we have to a confirmed townie, assuming DA is telling the truth, and isn't somehow being fooled.

Town

Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Operation Overlord, Day Five: Day Two Dawns
« Reply #572 on: January 18, 2015, 11:54:22 pm »

Here is my reasoning.
First, you avoid sharing your information to the town, which is understandable.
Well damn, I only saw one thing.

@Comrade: I kept watch last night.

Hmm. My instict tells me to out who I saw, but since the person targeted is still alive, I'm wary of outing a possible town PR.
Shit.
Then you reveal some information about flabort being targetted by a PR
Mastahcheese I agree that it's not in town's best interest to reveal PRs just yet, but do you think the target of the action you saw might be significant? If so, why and who?
Yeah, that probably would be important.
The target was you, flabort.

I'm holding off on answering TolyK's question for now in case he (or anyone else) wants to respond to that first.
But, you wait until AFTER someone said they performed an action on flabort to say who it is.
Ok, lemme get this straight.

Deus Asmoth: Claim cop, says Caz is scum.
TolyK: Claim cop, says flabort is scum. (I can confirm he actioned him)
flabort: Claim miller, after TolyK said he's scum.
Still waiting on Caz's responce.

Going to wait on people some more before questioning.
This just seems to me that you pieced together information from the conversation and then said something that the people already knew.

Overall, this makes me think that you didn’t keep watch that night. Which means you either hid, which I find unlikely, or you performed a night action.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: January 19, 2015, 12:06:31 am »

Seems like a logical conclusion.
Jump back to point two, where I say flabort was targeted, but not yet by who.
Let's say I was lying, by your idea. What if nobody had targeted flabort?

That lie would very quickly fall apart.

This just seems to me that you pieced together information from the conversation and then said something that the people already knew.
I was just trying to piece together all the cop claims, myself. That confused me, at the time.

Overall, this makes me think that you didn’t keep watch that night. Which means you either hid, which I find unlikely, or you performed a night action.
Or, I kept watch, and didn't want to out a town PR and get them murdered, like I said. It's actually a rather real concern, usually.
You... kinda should view it from both angles, not just limit it to the two options that fit your own train of thought.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: January 19, 2015, 12:19:03 am »

I am not saying you lied about flabort. I am saying that you figured out that flabort was targeted and then pretended that you were on watch by giving that information.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: January 19, 2015, 12:22:41 am »

Also, if you just randomly said that flabort was targeted, nobody would know who did it. This could possibly benefit mafia buddies because one could make an alibi off of that information. (I'm not saying you're mafia yet. This is just a theory)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: January 19, 2015, 12:50:25 am »

Mastahcheese I'm not dodging the question. I targeted Persus13, Last Night, because I had no clear idea of who could be scum and was grasping at straws; also, I was panicking because I was certain I was going to die and wouldn't be able to use my abilities. should have targeted you, already suspected you. Nights 1 and 2 I didn't use any abilities.

I'll have a revised reads list by the afternoon tomorrow.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: January 19, 2015, 08:37:28 am »

Well, my reads are as follows:

flabort: I think he's playing with a town mindset, but the question of TolyK's inspection versus his claimed role still remains. I'm probably going to have a look at him tonight to see what's going on, but until then I'm reading neutral-town on him.

TDS: Barring a Godfather role or my results being utterly random, town.

Shamrock: Acting very town, I'm inclined to trust him. My only concern is that he's very quick to trust the cops of the game, could be an attempt to avoid getting investigated himself. Seems a bit unlikely, though.

mastahcheese: Pretty much everything he's done has indicated he's town, but... I don't know, he gives me a bad feeling. As little interaction with Tiruin as possible (I couldn't find any other than a brief exchange over evidence planting with her at the start of day 3) and no comment at all during the fairly lengthy exchange between me and her. I might be jumping at shadows here, but I'm watching. Neutral until further notice.

Deathsword: I'm waiting for him to catch up with the thread to get a proper read on him.

Vivalas: AWOL. Punishable by summary execution, but hopefully he'll come back. (Can we get a poke for Vivalas)

origami: I want to see more from him before giving a read.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: January 19, 2015, 09:35:55 am »

Haven't got to a computer yet, but I can answer some questions, and have skimmed D3.

@origami, go back to D1 where I attack TolyK, although it was a mistake on my end, and I misread MC's read, I was highly suspicious of him. I didn't vote, because I had. RVS on shamrock, which has been already called late and uncalled for blah blah blah. At the time after that my focus shifted to Deathsword, who attacked me seemingly in an exxagerated way, and I found some points against him, and am still waiting for his response. His recent lack of attack against me seems suspicious, and he is still neglecting to answer my previous questions. Whatever the case with him, I am giving him some slack, assuming his health claims are truthful, but I would still like an answer from him.

@DA I think the evidence planting is highly probable, it would explain why you haven't been killed yet, and the overall weirdness with Caz. I mean think, scum have an evidence planting ability, which would be useless if they killed a cop, in fact, assuming DA is cop, which I think he is, they are even using him, as killing him would be a disadvantage to them.

@flabort I don't really know what to say, I believe Tiruin was acting very deceptively (duh) to the point where her inactivity claims could of been falsified, which is a far shot, but hey, this is mafia. Looking at who Tiruin attacked and leaned town on, and taking into account the WIFOMiness of analysing who scum interact with to try to find scum/town, I believe DA is a cop, and possibly town, but the idea of a mafia cop is even more amazing, given the framing ability, and would be a godsend for scum.

What of the possibility of scum not even having a NK? It seems flabort vigkilled Perseus, and that mafia have killed no one, perhaps they have to get people lynched using their ability with framing/mafia cop. The flavor of Persus's death may kill this argument, but hey, everyone has guns, so it would make sense the bullets all look the same, but this would bring question about TolyK's death, and this section of my post is mostly WIFOM.

Finally, I vote Deathsword

I haven't forgot about you, and you still need to answer my questionsn
"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage

The Imperial Question | Stranded Among Stars

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: January 19, 2015, 09:37:50 am »

EBWOP: I forgot about TolyK#s death, which could be mafia related, or maybe third part even.
"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage

The Imperial Question | Stranded Among Stars

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: January 19, 2015, 09:54:05 am »

Vivalas, what makes you sure that Flabort us the vigilante, other then the fact that he targeted someone who killed?

Also, your theory about the mafia not killing doesn;t make sense because even if flabort was the vig, he made it sound like his ability is a one-time use. Who killed the other people? YOU?

Also, please specify WHY you would want to hide if you were put on watch
I'm gonna admit that I would hide if I were lookout so, sorry. No.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: January 19, 2015, 12:02:36 pm »

Mustacheese If you didn't keep watch, and just picked a random person that you "saw" get investigated, your mafia teammates, if you have any, could say that they were the one who performed the action on flabort. This would make them seem much less scummy, since they performed an action on someone, but didn't kill them.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: January 19, 2015, 01:56:14 pm »

So, I forgot to mention that the day ends on Wendesday at 5:00.  I won't be on to see the day end, but I will be shortly thereafter to end the day officially.  But no posting after 5:00 PM PST on the 21st.

Unfortunate Accident Voting:
mastahcheese(1): flabort
TheDarkStar(1): Comrade Shamrock
Deathsword(1): Vivalas
Vivalas(1): origamiscienceguy
origamiscienceguy(0):
flabort(1): mastahcheese
Comrade Shamrock(0):
Deus Asmoth(0):
No Lynch(0):
Not Voting: TheDarkStar, Deathsword, Deus Asmoth

Lookout Voting:
mastahcheese(0):
TheDarkStar(3): origamiscienceguy, flabort, Deus Asmoth
Deathsword(0):
Vivalas(0):
origamiscienceguy(0):
flabort(0):
Comrade Shamrock(0):
Deus Asmoth(0):
Not Voting: mastahcheese, TheDarkStar, Deathsword, Vivalas, Comrade Shamrock

Current Lynch Target: No Lynch
Current Lookout Target: TheDarkStar

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: January 19, 2015, 02:10:23 pm »

Comerade Shamrock, why are you voting the dark star, when he has been confirmed town?

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: January 19, 2015, 02:25:43 pm »

nevermind. I see you accused him before deus made his announcemen
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 57