Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 57

Author Topic: Operation Overlord, Day Five: Game Over! Town, Town-Ally, and Survivor Victory!  (Read 110287 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Operation Overlord, Day Five: Day Four: Another One Bites The Dust
« Reply #540 on: January 18, 2015, 04:57:21 pm »

Town is so doomed. :-\

Edit: Ohey new page :D
[/bah]

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: January 18, 2015, 05:20:10 pm »

There is something very suspicious going on with our lookouts. Or else we're just very unlucky.

In any case, TDS is town, though he did steal someone else's cigarettes. From the results I got off Caz and Tiruin I think we can assume that I'm not insane or paranoid, and the flavour discrepancy between Caz's role and my findings would indicate the evidence planting is going on.

Shamrock, flabort, opinions on the above?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: January 18, 2015, 05:37:26 pm »

maybe on of the mafia is lookout-immune. They may have been using him or her for all the missions so far.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: January 18, 2015, 06:07:43 pm »

Deus:
I sent my guess to 4mask so I have a record beforehand that I did guess and hopefully got it right.

Flabort:
I'm not sure what good a mass claim is in this enviroment. Could you explain your reasoning behind it.
While having a record is fine, Comrade, do know that I can't confirm or deny what the contents of the pm were.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: January 18, 2015, 06:29:55 pm »

We have had three lookouts, and all three times, we each only saw one action, and exactly one action. What the hell?

*Looks back over the lookout mechanics*

It seems like we should be able to spot more than one thing at a time.
I'm putting my guess in with the idea of some Mafia member being lookout-immune.

Let's see. I saw TolyK. He turned out to be town. Both of the other lookouts saw Deus.

...Perhaps someone is affecting who the lookout sees? Currently it's only been cops. (I'm feeling more inclined to believe deus now. Slightly.)
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: January 18, 2015, 06:41:39 pm »

I'm going to answer the implied question, mastahcheese, and say that yes, the rules posted in the OP do allow for multiple actions to be spotted.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: January 18, 2015, 06:47:17 pm »

This is interesting. Have you used any of these abilities yet?
Yeah, I tried to inspect the wrong person last night. They died, so no use saying what the result was.

Flabort:
I'm not sure what good a mass claim is in this enviroment. Could you explain your reasoning behind it.
I'm tired of being in the dark and want to shed some light on what, or who, we're dealing with. I want to catch SOMEONE in a lie, the scum already know at least two town power roles and DIDN'T kill them last night, and the lookouts have only ever seen the COPS action anyone, which is SUPER FRUSTRATING.

You know, before the scum kill me and the town lynches me. [sarcasm]Probably at the same time [/sarcasm].

In any case, TDS is town, though he did steal someone else's cigarettes. From the results I got off Caz and Tiruin I think we can assume that I'm not insane or paranoid, and the flavour discrepancy between Caz's role and my findings would indicate the evidence planting is going on.

Shamrock, flabort, opinions on the above?
Then it seems safe to vote for TheDarkStar today.

So that's three people I can for sure trust, Deus, TDS, and Myself. Shamrock, I trust tentatively.

I want to go over something.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Remaining players:
Most Scummy as of last reads
Mastahcheese
Oragamiscienceguy
Vivalas
Deathsword
TDS
CS
DA
Least Scummy
Obviously I need to revise my reads a bit, but there are five people I cannot trust, or rather who haven't been confirmed trustworthy to me. I trust CShamrock anyways, and Deathsword might be trustable. But assuming (uh-oh, assumptions) that there are 1-2 scum out there still, then last I checked Cheese, OSG, DS, and Vivalas could be either town or scum.
And I think the framer is one of them.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: January 18, 2015, 06:59:48 pm »

Still reading D3, but my claim:

I'm a regular soldier. My name is PVT Donald Jackson, 1st Infantry Division and was one of the first on Omaha beach.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: January 18, 2015, 07:17:03 pm »

I seem to be a very divisive character on whether I'm scummy or not. Oh well.

Deathsword,: Regarding yesterday, were you so confident that I was scum that you could leave a vote that was entirely possible in sealing a lynch on me later on when you didn't think you'd be well enough to read anything I had to say in my defence?

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: January 18, 2015, 07:18:09 pm »

Obviously I need to revise my reads a bit, but there are five people I cannot trust, or rather who haven't been confirmed trustworthy to me. I trust CShamrock anyways, and Deathsword might be trustable. But assuming (uh-oh, assumptions) that there are 1-2 scum out there still, then last I checked Cheese, OSG, DS, and Vivalas could be either town or scum.
And I think the framer is one of them.
Hrm. See, I was more inclined to believe that Tiruin was the framer on account of her having the same stuff as Caz, implying she was carrying it around to plant on someone every night.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: January 18, 2015, 07:23:47 pm »

Deathsword,: Regarding yesterday, were you so confident that I was scum that you could leave a vote that was entirely possible in sealing a lynch on me later on when you didn't think you'd be well enough to read anything I had to say in my defence?
I removed my vote when I asked for a replacement, which was about... half-way through the day? Either way, I wasn't going to let a vote hang waiting for a replacement, regardless of what I thought.

Still reading.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: January 18, 2015, 07:59:38 pm »

Comrade Shamrock

DarkStar:
TheDarkStar Have you noticed anyone acting strange to each other?

Not really, but the better tell to look for is people not talking to each other rather than talking oddly. I'll look through stuff later.
Okay following this logic. The Dark Star. You haven't talked to many people. You popped a few questions and asked customary what did you find. What have you really done though in terms scumhunting?

Comrade Shamrock, why do you find me more suspicious that almost everyone else? What is it that you don't like about my lookout aspirations today (which consist of barely anything, actually)? Where did you manage to find somewhere where I posted about them from Day 1, considering that I didn't even mention wanting that iirc?

Tiruin and Silthuri, reads?

flabort, you said in your reads that Caz is probably scum and Deus is being honest, but then you say that Deus is probably a "victim of forgery" and Caz is not actually scum. Which of these do you think is correct?
I think these may be your only questions of the game to another player in regards to developing suspicions. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

In short, you seem to be active lurking. You comment, slap a vote or FOS and then dissapear. I forget about you a lot of the time.

Your vote doesn't follow my logic at all. The point is to find people (plural) aren't talking specifically to each other. Scum don't need to ask each other some things because they have a scumchat. Why did you think that I was referring simply to inactive people, and why does that make them scummy (and more scummy flabort, found guilty by inspection)?

Also, why did you avoid doing any kind of scumhunting on me? Yes, you asked a question, but it was one where you already knew the answer and had it in this post. You asked no other questions, even though you stated that you found my scummy because I hadn't done much.

What do you think about other less-active people like Vivalas?

flabort

*High fives Shamrock*
Fair enough, but I can assure you that I wasn't. Can't prove it, but I do say that I wasn't bussing.

Cheese
It's not just that. It's still lingering suspicion from this possibility, where you instead of saying "it's not true but I can't prove it" you just say "It's not true". Obviously it's not true, since TolyK is town and therefor not on a scum team with you, but you never deny that you're scum. Anywhere.
I call for a Mass Claim. I am a third-party-miller with a 1-shot kill, 1-shot inspection, and 1-shot protection. My name and rank, as already stated are CPL Audace Cillo, or Italian heritage. My role name is Fire Team Leader.

Deus
Why I moved my vote to Tiruin:
A) No tie
B) I didn't know but could be pretty sure by that point that she wasn't aligned with me; I know for sure now.
C) I wanted to see if you were just paranoid or actually found someone.
D) I don't remember my final reason.

You targeted me, didn't you Deus?

I am PVT Jefferson Warren from the 1st Infantry Division. I am a soldier who is town and has no abilities.

Now a question for you, flabort: You say that you are the Fire Team Leader. This implies that you are on a team with some people. What do you have to say about this?

Deus Asmoth:

There is something very suspicious going on with our lookouts. Or else we're just very unlucky.

Who did I steal from?  :P
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: January 18, 2015, 09:39:11 pm »

It means that I'm basically in command of the town? Yes, I'm on a team with the other townies.
Except for the fact that some people want me dead, I guess that's worth a court marshal (did those exist in the time period this is set in?).

'Fire Team Leader' is flavor, referring to my status as CPL instead of PVT; meaning that I rank above common vanilla towny soldiers, but still below the general or a Sergeant. Speaking of Sergeants, it seems that ours is dead, and had it in for the town.

TL;DR: I think it's flavor. And refers to being in charge of some Privates, hence multiple abilities.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: January 18, 2015, 09:52:57 pm »

considering no watchman has seen a mafia member, I have to assume that one of the mafia is ninja. That also would explain why the mafia never tried to kill the scouts, because they weren't a threat.

For now, i'm still going to vots for vivalas for his lack of participation. While this wouldn't immediately make me suspicious, his few posts have shown almost no sign of scum hunting.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: January 18, 2015, 09:55:01 pm »

Flabort, can you please point out what I have done that was "scummy" I am still learning this game and would like to know.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 57