Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 57

Author Topic: Operation Overlord, Day Five: Game Over! Town, Town-Ally, and Survivor Victory!  (Read 110366 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
Re: Operation Overlord, Day Five: Day Four: Another One Bites The Dust
« Reply #525 on: January 18, 2015, 12:59:51 pm »

Oh, I forgot to mention:

Deathsword has been replaced by Deathsword

Which is a silly way of saying he canceled his request.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: January 18, 2015, 01:18:53 pm »

Flabort: You're adorable. Attacking the poeople that accuse you so when they retaliate, it looks like OMGUS.
Sure makes you job easier not that TolyK is dead, doesn't it?
The fact is, I saw TolyK visit you.
TolyK said you were scum.
His flip revealed he was an inspector.
But the real icing on the cake is that you aren't even trying to defend yourself. You're just trying to attack your accusors. And that's why I'm voting you, flabort.
So you can cry omgus all you want if it makes you feel better. You can continue to undermine the integrity of those who think you're scum.
I was actually half expecting to be killed last night, to be honest.
But now that I see your first post, I can see whythat was.
The cake is a lie.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: January 18, 2015, 01:27:19 pm »

Excellent. And when I flip not-mafia, will you revise your story then?
Why would I cry OMGUS? Oh, right, you voting me. Meh, that's not omgus.

Also, his flip revealed 'Internal Affairs', nothing more. It could mean inspector, and probably does, yes, but keeping in mind that this is a bastard game, and the 'Soldier' roleflip is supposed to mean vanilla, and that all of us, including and especially the soldiers have guns but not all of us have nightkills or daykills, flavoring him as an inspector doesn't mean he was sane, or even an inspector. He is town, yes, that much is true, so it's VERY LIKELY that he was an inspector, but since his abilities didn't flip I'm not going to trust the results just yet.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: January 18, 2015, 01:35:48 pm »

And that small bit over how there's a teeny tiny chance he isn't an inspector, makes you feel the need to attack me? Who only confirmed that he targeted you, and not even with what?
If you didn't have a guilty conscience, you would have thought that one out better.
But you know his inspect was real, which is why you're acting this way about it. I know that just by watching you respond.

Way to play cool, by the way.

Tell me. If you doubt him, after death. Why hate me? That doesn't add up.
The Derail Thread

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: January 18, 2015, 01:36:03 pm »

TheDarkStar Have you noticed anyone acting strange to each other?

Not really, but the better tell to look for is people not talking to each other rather than talking oddly. I'll look through stuff later.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Comrade Shamrock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: January 18, 2015, 02:17:48 pm »

DarkStar:
TheDarkStar Have you noticed anyone acting strange to each other?

Not really, but the better tell to look for is people not talking to each other rather than talking oddly. I'll look through stuff later.
Okay following this logic. The Dark Star. You haven't talked to many people. You popped a few questions and asked customary what did you find. What have you really done though in terms scumhunting?

Comrade Shamrock, why do you find me more suspicious that almost everyone else? What is it that you don't like about my lookout aspirations today (which consist of barely anything, actually)? Where did you manage to find somewhere where I posted about them from Day 1, considering that I didn't even mention wanting that iirc?

Tiruin and Silthuri, reads?

flabort, you said in your reads that Caz is probably scum and Deus is being honest, but then you say that Deus is probably a "victim of forgery" and Caz is not actually scum. Which of these do you think is correct?
I think these may be your only questions of the game to another player in regards to developing suspicions. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

In short, you seem to be active lurking. You comment, slap a vote or FOS and then dissapear. I forget about you a lot of the time.

Flabort:

Woo! Got one.

Raises hand in air offering to high five

Still not off the hook though, you could have been bussing.

mastahcheese:
I'm going to show you something.

Also, have you nothing to say of my reason for unvoting? Or are you just chill with having me not vote you, and leave it at that?
It seems like you are looking to engineer a point against me. I provided my answer to you. You unvoted in response. You also did not ask a question. To me it looks like you dropped the matter. Tell me what you expected in response to your unvote.

Because in my mind it looks like you are doing what you say you found scummy.
I expected him to try to look for anything to be used to incriminate people, but he's more focused on being accurate in his answers.
Sadly I can't turn the clock back and see what you'd done if I'd commented.

Everyone:
Mafia is bad for computer health. My laptop broke again. Fan this time. It might be fixed by next week, I'm not sure. But I'll try to soldier on from my phone and I'll kidnap my sisters laptop if neccesary. So I'm sorry if posting drops off the face of the earth. But I really want to last as long as I can.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: January 18, 2015, 03:26:48 pm »

flabort, what was the reasoning behind your vote on Tiruin? I mean, we can see that it worked out now, but you didn't actually give a reason for it other than asking them a kind of unrelated question. (I'll get to my result later, I don't want to give our guard an opportunity to lie about doing something if he was actually napping.)

Cheese, there were three people tied for one vote when flabort put one on Tiruin. Does that influence your read on him at all?

Everyone: based off my result from last night I know I'm not paranoid, so building off the flavour text from my result, my theory is that Tiruin was able to plant evidence on people, choosing Caz during the first night not knowing she was a miller (this is based off the flavour discrepancies in Caz's result and her role, and Tiruin having the same evidence as was on Caz). This doesn't explain flabort's result with the role he claimed, though.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: January 18, 2015, 03:42:20 pm »

*High fives Shamrock*
Fair enough, but I can assure you that I wasn't. Can't prove it, but I do say that I wasn't bussing.

Cheese
It's not just that. It's still lingering suspicion from this possibility, where you instead of saying "it's not true but I can't prove it" you just say "It's not true". Obviously it's not true, since TolyK is town and therefor not on a scum team with you, but you never deny that you're scum. Anywhere.
I call for a Mass Claim. I am a third-party-miller with a 1-shot kill, 1-shot inspection, and 1-shot protection. My name and rank, as already stated are CPL Audace Cillo, or Italian heritage. My role name is Fire Team Leader.

Deus
Why I moved my vote to Tiruin:
A) No tie
B) I didn't know but could be pretty sure by that point that she wasn't aligned with me; I know for sure now.
C) I wanted to see if you were just paranoid or actually found someone.
D) I don't remember my final reason.

You targeted me, didn't you Deus?
The Cyan Menace

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: January 18, 2015, 03:43:55 pm »

EBWOP:
Actually, Cheese didn't say "It's not true", he said "I can't prove it", I deleted the wrong half of the sentence.
The Cyan Menace

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: January 18, 2015, 04:21:43 pm »

*High fives Shamrock*
Fair enough, but I can assure you that I wasn't. Can't prove it, but I do say that I wasn't bussing.

Cheese
It's not just that. It's still lingering suspicion from this possibility, where you instead of saying "it's not true but I can't prove it" you just say "It's not true". Obviously it's not true, since TolyK is town and therefor not on a scum team with you, but you never deny that you're scum. Anywhere.
I call for a Mass Claim. I am a third-party-miller with a 1-shot kill, 1-shot inspection, and 1-shot protection. My name and rank, as already stated are CPL Audace Cillo, or Italian heritage. My role name is Fire Team Leader.
This is interesting. Have you used any of these abilities yet?

You targeted me, didn't you Deus?
I will neither confirm nor deny this before hearing from our lookout.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: January 18, 2015, 04:28:02 pm »

Deus: Yes, it affects it. Everything affects it.

I don't feel like arguing with flabort over the exactitudes of my wording right now, as imabout to head home, but I'll claim.
I am PFC Stephen Hodgkin of the 1st Infantry Division. I was with the unit fighting in Sicily, and the 1st was transfered under request of Lieutenant General Patton himself.
I am a Vanilla Soldier (Townie).
The Derail Thread

Comrade Shamrock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: January 18, 2015, 04:31:16 pm »

Deus:
I sent my guess to 4mask so I have a record beforehand that I did guess and hopefully got it right.

Flabort:
I'm not sure what good a mass claim is in this enviroment. Could you explain your reasoning behind it.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: January 18, 2015, 04:38:53 pm »

Deus Asmoth performed an action on The Dark Star.

That is all I saw.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: January 18, 2015, 04:41:52 pm »

Deus, what did you discover?
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Comrade Shamrock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: January 18, 2015, 04:50:30 pm »

Are the scum immune to the lookout or something? Someone should have seen something.

Deus:
Well I would have guessed Persus based on your reply.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 57