Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 57

Author Topic: Operation Overlord, Day Five: Game Over! Town, Town-Ally, and Survivor Victory!  (Read 110476 times)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: Operation Overlord, Day Five: Day Two Dawns
« Reply #390 on: January 06, 2015, 12:24:09 am »

flabort, you said in your reads that Caz is probably scum and Deus is being honest, but then you say that Deus is probably a "victim of forgery" and Caz is not actually scum. Which of these do you think is correct?
The first part. I said the "leading theory" is that Deus is a victim. Nobody is claiming that Deus is wrong, or insane, except for Caz and maybe TolyK, I can't be sure until he says otherwise. Deus is being honest, and it's not just me that thinks so.
There are a number of people that don't suspect Caz, the people who pushed out the theory that there's a forger who made Caz look bad. Even these people agree that Deus doesn't look the least bit suspect. The only point against Deus is he might not be sane, but all agree he's honest.
But Caz's claim is mostly a case of plagiarism. As I said, I claimed miller and then she did later. I claimed to be Italian and she claimed Japanese, AKA a non-german thing. I claimed that my role and flavor contradicted the cop's result, she claimed that her flavor contradicted it. But she was sloppy, and I am sure that her claim is a lie. She's unwilling to give more information of her flavor and instead gives us this hypothetical "i dunno, get on de boat" act. She's being very defensive, to the point of brickwalling any further pursuits of why she is a miller or turned up mafia.

The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: January 06, 2015, 12:41:02 am »

she claimed Japanese,

chinese btw. they're an allied country.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: January 06, 2015, 01:04:32 am »

OK, but I know the Japanese and Chinese were both part of your claim, so I accidentally got that detail mixed up.
The Cyan Menace

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: January 06, 2015, 01:09:36 am »

Caz: The worst role claim I've ever seen. I've seen cartoon characters tell sterner lies than that.
wtf? idk how you're all convinced i'm lying. granted i pretty much got the shittiest role ever.

There are four situations: 1) He's bussing her. 2) He's scum, she's town, he's trying to get rid of her. 3) She's scum, he's town. 4) There are two scumteams and they're both scum working against eachother.
Five. Why does either of us need to be scum? Town cop investigates miller - mafia result. Miller is also town. Why did you leave this out?

Caz: The fluff in my result and the flavour text she's claiming don't even come close to matching up. Planted evidence or miller is a possibility, but the fact that she didn't claim it until she'd been found out and my suspicions of her from day one make me think she's scum looking for a way out. She's also done little to no scumhunting in spite of being fairly active for the last while.
I have no explanation for the flavour being off. Either the framing thing has messed it up, there's bastardy going on, or you're scum.

TolyK - I don't like how he's the second claimed cop and also ISN'T voting for his mafia-result, almost like he's aware that his guilty result will flip up clean - or could be a bus, whichever. I also don't like how he seems to be trying to lead the town.

There's also two players in this game that seem to be able to slide by without doing anything at all - Tiruin and Silthuri.

Behold some terrible, nigh-useless reads:

mastahcheese: still fairly townlike
TheDarkStar: still nemesis. i can't get a fair read on him though. null.
Deathsword: haven't seen much from him.
Persus13: bleh idk.
Vivalas: was active day 1, seems to have dropped off the radar. idk.
Tiruin: enjoying a free ride. neutral/scum
Silthuri: enjoying a free ride. neutral/scum
flabort: makes incomplete arguments to what is happening, but probably more a mistake than subterfuge.
TolyK: scum. one of the cops must be scum, imo, and tolyk looks worse. he also doesn't want to
Comrade Shamrock: just seems to be repeating what everyone else has already said. seems to be unusually convinced that i'm scum.
Deus Asmoth: seems more town than scum to me, though the total flavour inaccuracy on his claim is throwing me. could be due to framing, could be due to him being scum.

town

mastahcheese
flabort =TDS = persus13 = deathsword
deus asmoth =vivalas
tiruin
silthuri
comrade shamrock
tolyk

scum

Sorry I didn't post more day2 btw. I kinda lost most of my interest in this game after the whole dayvig fakeout thing. Please bury me with a sprig of rosemary.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: January 06, 2015, 04:22:44 am »

The reason I'm voting Caz over Flabort is:
- we can only lynch one person, and Caz has incriminated herself much more than Flabort
- I might indeed be crazy, or Deus might be crazy, or we may have had our results mixed up. However, since Deus claimed first I'm >95% sure he's town, and since he's better confirmed than me I'd prefer we get his read status"found out" (correct/incorrect) than mine.

A thing I was thinking of doing, Deus, would be to inspect the same person to check things out, but there are several problems with this:
- it would have to be publicly agreed on, so scum would know who we're investigating and plant evidence/kill them the same night, and if we got a scum result we wouldn't know if it was planted or not.
- if one or both of us would actually inspect someone else (which is what I would've planted to do) it would be seen as questionable and still wouldn't confirm anything about craziness, unless we happened to pick the same person (low chance).

So, basically, without a private chat we're at a huge disadvantage.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: January 06, 2015, 07:32:28 am »

I'm not sure how useful that would end up being. One of us is probably going to end up dead tonight in either case unless the scum team use poison/ have to choose between a night kill or planting evidence, and if they can plant evidence our result will be nigh useless. Covering as much ground as possible but taking the results with a pinch of salt and hoping that the night watchman sees whoever kills us is probably the best option for the town at the moment.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: January 07, 2015, 12:39:08 am »

Request Replacement.

I seriously misjudged my ability to play mafia currently and with school starting up again next week, things will only get worse.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: January 07, 2015, 03:10:34 am »

*crickets*

why aren't you guys doing anything.  what are half the players not even voting for? why is everyone so content to sleep so scum don't even have to do anything so you'll never find them so we'll lose gg.  >:(

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: January 07, 2015, 06:23:17 am »

also for everyone voting me: do you really think german spies are running around with a copy of 'mein kampf'? holy shit

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: January 07, 2015, 06:43:59 am »

No, I don't, however I still don't like your claim.

And the fact that you haven't been hunting.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: January 07, 2015, 08:16:33 am »

Caz
L
I trust Deus and the way he revealed his suspect immediately. TolyK seems a bit odd at this point, waiting for mastahcheese to reveal who he investigated. Even if one of you could be paranoid, I am leaning more towards framing due to the flavor. I also don't think there could be two cops, who both found miller N1. One of you four is lying. The other interesting thing is that both accused claim miller, which would be highly suspicious. Overall, something doesn't add up. Also that scruffle between TolyK, Caz, and me over that read from mastacheese seems more usefull now, since, hey, look at the people involved. TolyK will be my target tomprrow, he was dropping off my suspicion list, but now he is second from the top.

Also pfp, I would of liked to of added some quotes.
"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage

The Imperial Question | Stranded Among Stars

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: January 07, 2015, 08:56:53 am »

Caz:I think that considering your defence consists of claiming to be a miller and not much else you aren't doing the best job of convincing us that there's any reason to keep you alive. What have you contributed to the town so far? Why should we keep someone alive who's already admitted to having lost interest in the game?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
Re: Operation Overlord, Day Five: One replacement needed
« Reply #402 on: January 07, 2015, 10:13:23 am »

Your replacement request is noted, Silthuri.  However, I'd appreciate it if you could play, to the extent that you can, until a replacement can be procured.  If no replacement is procured by end of Day Three, Silthuri will be modkilled.

Day Ends at 6pm PST, about 11 hours from now.

Unfortunate Accident Voting:
mastahcheese(0):
TheDarkStar(0):
Caz(6): TheDarkStar, Persus13, Vivalas, TolyK, Comrade Shamrock, Deus Asmoth
Deathsword(0):
Persus13(0):
Vivalas(1): Deathsword
Tiruin(0):
Silthuri(0):
flabort(1): mastahcheese
TolyK(2): Caz, flabort
Comrade Shamrock(0):
Deus Asmoth(0):
No Lynch(0):
Not Voting: Tiruin, Silthuri

Lookout Voting:
mastahcheese(0):
TheDarkStar(3): mastahcheese, TheDarkStar, TolyK
Caz(0):
Deathsword(0):
Persus13(3): Persus13, Comrade Shamrock, Deus Asmoth
Vivalas(0):
Tiruin(0):
Silthuri(0):
flabort(0):
TolyK(0):
Comrade Shamrock(0):
Deus Asmoth(0):
Not Voting: Caz, Deathsword, Vivalas, Tiruin, Silthuri, flabort

Current Lynch Target: Caz
Current Lookout Target: TheDarkStar or Persus13
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 10:15:01 am by 4maskwolf »

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Operation Overlord, Day Five: One replacement needed
« Reply #403 on: January 07, 2015, 12:38:07 pm »

Normally now I'd ask more questions to get conversations going again, but I'm pfp and can't tyink of any.
The Cyan Menace

Comrade Shamrock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: January 07, 2015, 12:38:36 pm »

TheDarkStar:
Comrade Shamrock, why do you find me more suspicious that almost everyone else? What is it that you don't like about my lookout aspirations today (which consist of barely anything, actually)? Where did you manage to find somewhere where I posted about them from Day 1, considering that I didn't even mention wanting that iirc?
You have said you would love the job.

TDS, would you like to be the night watchman? Why?

Yes, who wouldn't want to be watchman (unless they have some strange wincon/role thing)?

Town: Info about nightkills, possibly something to do if you have a useless role.

Scum: Finding town power roles.

Third party: Seeing what happens and siding with town or scum based on that.
You state quite clearly here you want it. You also say "who wouldn't" which means you don't see the side of those who want to avoid it (want to use their power instead).

I think it's enough of a possibility that we should not vote anyone involved in this for lookout.
Also your suggestions on who to pick as lookout now. Sounds like a good idea of course but let me show how I think it's about.

We have 12 players. Your suggestion drops us to eight (seven?).
We lose: Caz, Flabort, Tolyk, Deus. (cheese?)

Not lamentable mind you. The cops don't have to choose which actions to use and we have 2 we don't want due to doubts over alignment anyway.

But let's look at the remaining candidates.
Vivalas, Persus, Deathsword, Tiruin, Silthuri, Myself, TDS

Tiruin and Silthuri are immediately out. We have really no idea as to their alignment. No one's really going to vote for them.
Myself, I stated D1 that I don't want lookout because I want someone to possibly use and not have me hiding all the time.
Vivalas, nobody trusts him as far as I can see. Gone.
Persus, self voted D1 the same thing that made people not want to vote Caz. A maybe but less likely.
Deathsword, scumhunted some, been mainly pushing on Vivalas.
TDS, You haven't done anything too spectacular or particularly scummy.

So in my mind following your suggestion we have 2 main candidates with a possible but unlikely on Persus.
Deathsword, mainly been after Vivalas. He has scumhunted but it has been on someone new so emotionally not the best platform to campaign on.
TDS, you've been quiet avoided stepping on most people's toes. This might make you a popular candidate.

Now this is how I think your mind works if you are scum. You suggested that we pick someone not involved to seem helpful and possibly prompt someone to nominate you for lookout, which Deus does.
TDS, you want to have lookout duty tonight?
You also seem quite eager to do so even though it may bring the mafia down on your head.

Now I may be overthinking this please tell what you think guys?
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 57