Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 31

Author Topic: 3008 AD: The Guild Chronicles Mission Thread - GAME OVER! See first post.  (Read 48890 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

"Is it possible to completely cut all local ventilation from the rest of the station? Blobs in the vents."

Nerin and Valrak track the spiderblob via available sensory suites and the Milliwave. Valrak does his best to point out where it is to the guards.

"I told you we should have brought drone units."

"This is Valrak. Majority of Biomatrix contained. Small portion escaped purge and entered ventalation shaft. WARDEN, if possible make your way to the research lab ventilation shafts to coordinate deletion of biohazard."

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile

"Well... my research wasn't proceeding so well, and I needed some fuel money. I might almost ask you the same question, but not right now. Tell me... do you know anything about a bio-assimilating mass amongst SpaceInc's dirty little secrets?"

Over the comms, he asks "Valrak, can you please describe to me the one you've been dealing with? There are several situations going on up here."
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Class Three blobform. Rapid assimilation. Adapting to Class Four."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Deuce cuts in on the comms.  'I hate to interrupt, but I could use the opinion of one of you science-folk.  I see a ring-shaped being covered in some sort of orange gel rolling around a coffee shop absorbing everything it touches; is that part of your blob?  Anyway, beyond that, there's a lab I can see with several contained specimens.  Uhh... a plant with white flowers kept in cold, a dead chimpanzee, something really bright in a liquid bath, and some sort of thorny vine that's completely covered the test chamber, and is really sealed up.  Any of that good for you?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I see the toroidal being as well. I am unfamiliar with your classification system, a physical description would be better. What colors does it use? Is it opaque or translucent?"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

'I just see orange, and it's kinda translucent.  It ate a phone as well as organic stuff.'
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile

"A bio-assimilating mass. Hmm, I told you about it earlier, although I wasn't fully aware of its capabilities. Is it that donut over there?"

Deuce and Atlos both take note of the being, which is for the moment stationary, taking its time. Atlos notices a faded rectangle suspended inside a part of the creature, while Deuce notes it hasn't moved since it ate the phone.

"My memory indicates that it bears the power of shapeshifting, and can change its color to match that of its surroundings, or whatever it happens to be imitating. Sounds like fairly nasty stuff indeed, nastier than a jelly donut rolling around on tables. But if you wish to contain this one, I suggest we keep it in a box, preferably one made of plastic or something that won't allow it to leak through."

Deuce cuts in on the comms.  'I hate to interrupt, but I could use the opinion of one of you science-folk.  I see a ring-shaped being covered in some sort of orange gel rolling around a coffee shop absorbing everything it touches; is that part of your blob?  Anyway, beyond that, there's a lab I can see with several contained specimens.  Uhh... a plant with white flowers kept in cold, a dead chimpanzee, something really bright in a liquid bath, and some sort of thorny vine that's completely covered the test chamber, and is really sealed up.  Any of that good for you?"

"Right, I recall there being research on vine-like plants that grow remarkably fast in high-light conditions. They should prove useful in terraforming worlds subjected to heavy irradiance from their host stars. I'd be quite pleased if we could secure a sample before we leave."
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Blob is not a technoform currently. Attempted adaptation has occurred, however none has come of it. It's sapient, making it Class Three, capable of reason. Communicates to other sections of itself via directed radio transmissions. Vector is skin contact. It would not be sitting on a table in plain sight. Color varies based on what it is attempting to do."

"Humans are only just now developing rapidly growing plants? The KX9 finished that project years ago. GenTek had a number of unfinished projects when we Purged it, a few KX9 groups have systematically been finishing ones that they deem beneficial. Not sure how far along they are currently. Haven't checked recently."

Valrak attempts to tap into poorly secured or unsecured cameras and sensors in the general area for better scanning ranges via Nerin's interface implants. Nerin reaches out to see if there are any controllable drones onstation. He also scans the local Datanet for general information as to the situation onstation.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Rapid-growing plants are easy. It's removing them from the ecosystem afterward that's the difficult part. As it stands, having fast growth and being easy to remove afterward are mutually exclusive."

Spoiler: Alaris disaster (click to show/hide)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Valrak attempts to tap into poorly secured or unsecured cameras and sensors in the general area for better scanning ranges via Nerin's interface implants. Nerin reaches out to see if there are any controllable drones onstation. He also scans the local Datanet for general information as to the situation onstation.

Valrak: [6/2-1] The cameras seem to be locked to a specific network that you have no access to. Despite this, you get really, really lucky with the encryption protocol, finding a reasonable result within the first five thousand iterations. You now have access to the direct broadcasts from any camera within line-of-sight or close proximity, although you've kind of locked out the routers as a result of those first five thousand iterations. It took a surprisingly long time for you to be shut out, at exactly 4733 tries and 21 ms.

Nerin: "Controllable drones" would most likely be linked via the aforementioned network. AKA the network that Valrak just locked you two out of. And perhaps everyone, for a time at least.

News headlines include the following:
-Rebellion in Full Force: Mall Cops Overtaken
-Mayor Wilhelm: Department Underfunded, Seeks Negotiation
-Demagogue Rises to Power: A Story of the Person Behind the Dream
-Fast Food Icon Rumored to be Involved in Rebellion

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"There appears to be a mass rebellion going on. We need to find that piece of blob Fast. Would not end well if it got into the crowds."

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"So, how best to go about warning people of the water problem? I can't see just running around shouting and telling everyone being very effective. You'd think the emergency services would already be on it. But maybe they don't want to cause a panic?"

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"So, how best to go about warning people of the water problem? I can't see just running around shouting and telling everyone being very effective. You'd think the emergency services would already be on it. But maybe they don't want to cause a panic?"

"That would be my first guess. We don't want people crowding around the entrances. Now how about we catch that donut..."

Akatin lets go of the fishtank and starts scuttling in the direction of the coffee shop.

"Hm, maybe a large pot from the pantry could keep it... Maybe if I get the drop on it..."

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Well... I do have a laser. Self defense grade. That might draw its attention at least, or cause it to recoil. Either way we might direct it into a trap."

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nerin switches the protocols used for connection to the cameras and attempts to connect to additional portions of the network, checking to see if it's a total lockout for everyone or just a protocol specific lockout. If it's only protocol specific. Continue taking control, switching protocols as they get locked out.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 31