Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Dragon Age: Inquisition- Hyperbolic Thread Title!  (Read 9874 times)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition- Were you expecting it to be good? Its good.
« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2014, 02:45:47 am »

I also made the chantry mistake. I thought "Ooooo cool, I can get moneys and stuff" and then it shrugged and said "what, you expected to actually get what the tooltip said? NOPE"

And it very much does feel like Dragon Age: the MMO more often then I'm comfortable with.

Still better then 2 though :P

Oh, what're the best weapon/armor crafting stuffs you've found?

Currently my best stuff is "Superior Vanguard Armor" and Anderfells Cleaver, but there's an axe recipe from the Emprise keep that looks promising.
Kinda annoying having no idea whether my recipes are for good things or vendor trash, don't want to waste dragon bone on something that's gonna be eclipsed soon, and the game does a terrible job of showing how close to "the best thing evar" your stuff is, I have a "masterwork engraved greatsword" recipe that is just straight up weaker then the Anderfell Cleaver and it all feels like Diablo and its irritating.

I mean there's nothing ambiguous about the material levels for fucks sake "low, medium, high, very high" all illustrate very well what you have but with the shit you'll actually be crafting there isn't any way to know short of finding something better.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2014, 03:21:25 am »

The recipe merchants in Emprise and Western approach (I think, it's the dog merchant. One of the desert maps.) are the best recipe merchants in the game. The only thing better than them are masterwork random recipes you find here and there, though there are ways to farm that.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 10, 2014, 02:09:37 am »

Best masterwork weapon material for a Rogue, in my opinion, is that which more or less eliminates the classes' biggest flaw: squishiness.

A +guard on hit applied to a dual wielding rogue's daggers means you basically become an unstoppable flurry of knives... add that to their raw damage output, using Mark of Death, Hidden Blades, then whatever other skills fit your preference and are highly damaging. If that opener brings them below 50%, they're already dead.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 10, 2014, 07:06:16 pm »

You can also give your rogue silverite heavy armour (heavy armour that can be equipped by any class) with masterwork stuff that do shit such as heal you for 25% of your damage.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 10, 2014, 07:29:40 pm »

I do feel like they toned down mage quite a bit; it's no longer Dragon Mage, with utility Rogue and tank Warrior. At least now you will generally want at least one of each, for the Bash, Energize and Lockpick abilities inherent to each.

Don't get me wrong, mage are still pretty powerful,  but they seem to tend towards crowd control and AoE rather than pure damage output, no matter which specialization you put then in. Warriors can also seen to out damage Mages, but Mages have many more damage types to choose from, so they still remain versatile.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 11, 2014, 03:01:54 am »

Well, I found out that checking a armor/weapon schematic in your inventory tells you what "tier" it is. The best stuff I've found is tier 3, and there is presumably a tier 4 to match up with the material tiers.

So one more tier for me before I can use my dragon stuffs without the crushing despair of inefficient munchkinry :P

Now the big decision is whether to use a masterwork modifier that gives me something useful like +guard on hit or just go for the 10% extra stats.

Oh, anyone else far along on the "shards" thing? My magical resistances are hilarious now. 80% spirit resist, 50 some fire, and now working up the cold resist...and I'm a Templar with the "True Grit" inquisition perk....yeah....
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 03:06:53 am by BFEL »

Indeed, I do this.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 30, 2015, 04:04:18 pm »

So, I bought DA:I the other day (with all DLC) and started playing today

And to sum up my experience: Best purchase I've bought all year. :D Money definitely well spent on this one.

Really really epic. I'm loving it.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 30, 2015, 04:53:19 pm »

Is it still Origin only?
Love, scriver~

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 30, 2015, 05:17:27 pm »

Is it still Origin only?

probably, I didn't see it on steam. Personally I don't really care, I wish more games did not use steam. Its really annoying. I'm not a big fan of one game store (or any store for products) being a monopoly that every game company has to use to sale a game. I use steam all the time, I just think more games shouldn't be tied to one single store, it leaves too much power to one company who can easily misuse it, and Steam's currency rate for other countries is really BS and a big slap in the face to anyone not living in the US, but luckily I pay standard US rates lol. Also, they banned trading to other countries, which is even more BS and idiotic than their stupid currency rate for outside countries (which shows they only want money, by disallowing trading for outside games for a more fair price). Way too big a monopoly, so while I don't really have an actual issue with using steam, I'm glad to see companies like EA and ubisoft, GOG (and even amazon for some games that use them) using their own store so there is more choices instead of one big store.

(edit: And that isn't to say EA/Ubisoft or even GOG have fair practices (though GOG is pretty good overall imo)...I just don't like it when everyone always expects a game to be on steam and nothing else. Monopolies are never a good thing. While I don't actually like Origin that much, its still nice to have competitors against other competitors)

In any case, Dragon Age Inquisition has still been a great buy for me. To be honest, I kinda wish it was more open to more platforms instead of just Origins. But I think about that with steam games too. Personally I liked the old way of buying a game, installing it and not needing steam or whatever lol. But ah well, not gonna let me stop playing games lol.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 05:34:59 pm by Vendayn »
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition- Were you expecting it to be good? Its shit.
« Reply #54 on: December 30, 2015, 07:17:22 pm »

Wow, this got brought up again.

Yeah, not gonna lie, haven't played since around my last post.
I got pretty disillusioned with it after awhile, since its just too damn big. And not really a fun kinda big either, its pretty much 90% filler.

Oh, and apparently they made DLC for it, but I can't play it because I bought the 360 version.
Said DLC supposedly reveals some epic lore shit, but I won't get to know about it because Bioware/EA felt like doing what they do best.

Not that it matters, seeing as I'm kinda done with the Dragon Age series anyway.

Indeed, I do this.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 30, 2015, 07:20:51 pm »

Editorialized titles! The best kind of title!
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 30, 2015, 07:30:51 pm »

Editorialized titles! The best kind of title!
It seemed appropriate, given my new view of the game (a steaming MMO wannabe crock of shit)

Indeed, I do this.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 30, 2015, 07:40:50 pm »

Maybe, seeing as you're done with the series and don't care, you could just not have any opinion in the title and let people make their own mind up about it?
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 30, 2015, 07:54:01 pm »

Maybe, seeing as you're done with the series and don't care, you could just not have any opinion in the title and let people make their own mind up about it?
I'm not done with the series because I don't care, I'm done with it because it was a very good thing that was one of the many good things EA gangraped when it took over and I don't want to see the horrible things they're doing to it.

Indeed, I do this.

Baijiu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 30, 2015, 08:03:26 pm »

I had lots of fun with the game. The hyperbolic thread title is a bit comical, just because one person doesn't like it doesn't mean that person should try and sway other people from trying it out for themselves. That's called "being a dick".

I played it for a solid 60 hours, but haven't finished with it not because of a fault with the game, but because I'm just too ADHD to finish my games. Just finished playing Fallout 4 for the foreseeable future, didn't come close to "beating" it but I played for about 50 hours meaning I played DA:I for longer, and I daresay I had more fun with it because it's actually an RPG and not a raider-killing-simulation.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5