Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 155

Author Topic: Hephaestus OOC  (Read 164269 times)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: Hephaestus OOC
« Reply #930 on: April 08, 2015, 06:24:52 pm »

Not AWOL, just trying to make a decision. The prototype might not be until after the upcoming mission, depends on whether PW puts through a few tests for me (which I can't do over IRC, unless someone can recommend a proxy for me to connect through?), or someone with the power to decide that kind of thing can tell me the results before it starts. I want to know what the warheads can do, because if they turn out to be a bit more pathetic than I'd like to think by way of rule 0, then there's no real point, is there?
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: April 08, 2015, 07:35:37 pm »

Not AWOL, just trying to make a decision. The prototype might not be until after the upcoming mission, depends on whether PW puts through a few tests for me (which I can't do over IRC, unless someone can recommend a proxy for me to connect through?), or someone with the power to decide that kind of thing can tell me the results before it starts. I want to know what the warheads can do, because if they turn out to be a bit more pathetic than I'd like to think by way of rule 0, then there's no real point, is there?

Point :P I'm pretty sure they'd be better than your grenades due to being bigger by a good factor, but then again like you said, rule 0 :D
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: April 09, 2015, 06:32:28 am »

For the transport ships for other missions:
Why not just use that blackhole ship I developed for spec-ops in tinker, just make it larger and give it an artifact containment facility, maybe some other things that would be useful in a mission like artillery? It's not like we will be making lots of them, they'll be something like spec-ops ships, so we afford to make them expensive. I can write a message to Hephaestus about them if you want.

If they're big enough to hold everything we'd need, sure. The original idea was to have a ship sans weapons and then just send along other ships from the fleet to do things like artillery, but if it's a stealth ship that obviously wouldn't work, so then it'd need to be more independent (though that also would mean it would become quite larger). Another thing to look into once Hep thread restarts.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: April 09, 2015, 07:52:01 pm »

Guys, I probably won't be posting anything for a few more days. Family emergency.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: April 09, 2015, 08:11:16 pm »

No explanation needed, go deal with that.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: April 09, 2015, 08:13:05 pm »

No explanation needed, go deal with that.

What he said
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #936 on: April 10, 2015, 08:08:24 pm »

I'll be getting on IRC tomorrow for most of the day to do Tinker and heph stuff. If you want to design, come hang out and we'll work something out.

Shaporia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: April 12, 2015, 10:05:24 am »

I wanted to know if I could get a prototype for testing of this? I've already discussed the details of it on IRC with piecewise, so the design's got it's specifications.
Spoiler: Hover Board (click to show/hide)

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: April 14, 2015, 10:21:21 am »

((It occurs to me to remind the people taking the Plasma Stakes/Jet Magnums, that the ammo for them comes in two varieties.

Single shot ammo needs manual reloads after each shot. A five-shot autoloader (essentially a mechanized magazine), appropriately, lasts 5 shots before needing a reload, but is more expensive. Cost doesn't matter for prototyping, but the autoloaders are in limited supply. Only 4 were shipped, 20 shots worth. Single slugs are less limited. Please list how much of which ammo type you intend to take.))

Are autoloaders reusable, by the way? I mean, they be refilled with shots, being mechanical magazines, right?
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: April 14, 2015, 10:27:43 am »

I'd imagine so, yes. So don't throw them out. It's unlikely to save you money, but still. :P
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: April 14, 2015, 11:45:58 am »

Well, if they are not disposable, they count as the prototype parts that need to be returned after the test. :P

But as for personal item, I'd say keeping the autoloader would save you quite a token (since the "plasma shots" themselves, as evident by single-use ammo price, are much, much cheaper than the autoloading magazine's mechanical bits).
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: April 15, 2015, 03:37:15 pm »

For plasma ammo, assume we'll go with what was proposed before, seems easiest.

Some interesting results from the artifact research. Here's hoping we can put it to good use!

Also, maybe ask pw if you can insta-complete some things by saying the various crews worked on that retroactively.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: April 15, 2015, 03:40:26 pm »

So here's a thing: can we use that material that consumes kinetic impact to create ever-sharp blades?
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: April 15, 2015, 04:43:14 pm »

For plasma ammo, assume we'll go with what was proposed before, seems easiest.

Some interesting results from the artifact research. Here's hoping we can put it to good use!

Also, maybe ask pw if you can insta-complete some things by saying the various crews worked on that retroactively.

I already have an idea for a buckler-style force field shield a trooper(or battlesuit) can hold in one hand to replace all the various riot shields we have floating around :D

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: April 15, 2015, 05:07:36 pm »

Quote from: Comrade
 here's a thing: can we use that material that consumes kinetic impact to create ever-sharp blades?

Uh, what material?  Is that the effect of one of the gratesplosion artifacts?  The list I was using didn't mention kinetic absorption...

Are you talking about hexsand, the armor which is practically immune to energy weapons, to the point that it eats plasma?  That stuff is really bad at absorbing kinetic energy, and breaks.

A better material would be hexbug or mythril.  Either of those would do fine.  They'd still probably be worse at slashing than monorazors though, and this is ignoring the fact that melee weapons are almost obselete.

Quote from: Tryrar
I already have an idea for a buckler-style force field shield a trooper(or battlesuit) can hold in one hand to replace all the various riot shields we have floating around

Yeah, the first thought I had was to try and replicate the energy shield jackals use in Halo.  Honestly though, I'm only going to do that if it has traits which lend themselves to it; I'm still generally against shields.

The people carrying around riot shields are...  well, actually they're smart.  The shields were free and could theoretically block something minor.  Anyone who buys a shield is foolish- armor is much more effective, and more efficient.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 155