Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should founders be rewarded with tiles to build on?

Founders should have a fixed number of useable tiles to own!
- 5 (29.4%)
Founders should be awarded more tiles to build on by popular consensus!
- 6 (35.3%)
No hard limits, just be reasonable!
- 6 (35.3%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 54

Author Topic: Nevertaxed: Dwarven Village Bloodline (Overseers Needed!)  (Read 54379 times)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: Nevertaxed: Dwarven Village Bloodline (Villagers Wanted!)
« Reply #300 on: December 03, 2014, 11:50:28 am »

Looking over the personalities, these last few bodies are not that great. Also, making a head nurse position will remove one of the bodies, resulting in nobody being a presser.

I see that there are a couple peasants without any noteworthy skills that came in the mix. Since these slots have to start at zero anyway, because of lack of qualified applicants, I will delegate one of these to a position as well.  Some of them have more amenable personalities and dreams/desires. (It wouldnt make sense for my dwarf to assign jobs to people that would prevent them reaching their dreams, afterall)

8th Granite, Early Spring of 200
Ledger of the minister of agricultural affairs

It appears that two lay countrymen had managed to slip through the skills assessment performed earlier. While they lack any noteworthy skills, we have openings that simply MUST be filled, and as there was a striking lack of candidates, (at all), to fill them, I have evaluated both of them for inclusion in the agricultural renovation of NeverTaxed. Based on their aspirations and demeanor, I have selected appropriate vocations for them where their dreams and ambitions have at least some chance of being achieved, and where their personality traits will prove to be of benefit to both themselves and to our community, as best as I was able to accommodate.

My selections are as follows:

**Brewer
Wierd Leromlolok (Adequate)

**Planter
Kadol Athelkanzud, novice

**cheese maker
Rakust Eshtanmokez(Novice)

**milker
Ral Koganlitast, adequate

**shearer
Iton Kilrudfeb, adequate

**Thresher
Vutok Ducimurol, proficient

**Spinner
Bembul Olongebar, adequate

**Weaver
Endok Ingizgemur, novice (wants to create a masterwork, can handle stress)

**Clothier
Rovod Kosothgubel, (none, dreams of making art, focused on tasks)

**Dyer
Erib Egastfikod

**Cook
Ezum Uruszas, talented

**Tanner
Kol Thestarlor, adequate

**Butcher
Udil Onulducim, novice

**bee keeper
Kib Asobstakud, novice

**Wax Worker
Litast Athelrithar, novice

**presser
Rakust Cattenrab, novice (Wants to master a skill)

**Miller
Ast Idenmuzish, novice
Zaneg Omeriden, novice

In addition to this, I have selected Erush Endokdalzat to be presented to PK's medical practice for evaluation as a possible applicant for head nurse. His skills with wound dressing and bone setting could certainly be of value, especially with mining accidents being a very real possibility here in NeverTaxed.

Some of my selections require that I select a head of industry to manage the newly created industrial centers. In my capacity as the minister of agricultural affairs, I am tasked with selecting the strongest candidates in these cases. To whit, I have made the following choices.

For the position of head miller, I have chosen Ast Idenmuzish, who's personality profile better suits a position in management. I lament that Ast will not be able to fullfill his dreams of producing a masterwork in his vocation as head miller, but he may find time to develop and perfect a hobby craft in his spare time, and to that effect, I wish him the greatest of luck. I understand that EvictedSaint is always looking for hands to run her smelters. Perhaps he will find that prospect fullfilling, as he enjoys anhydrite and fine pewter. Perhaps EvictedSaint will see fit to permit him the occasional use of her facilities.

With these assignments made, allocation of resources and land grants to establish these centers of industry are the current item of priority. Commencement of this action is to proceed immediately.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: December 03, 2014, 12:10:01 pm »

Ok, now that I have sorted dwarves and given them appropriate custom profession names to designate their "leaders of industry" status, I need to allocate land parcels. I see many empty houses that do not have residents yet.  I will see if there are enough of these to stuff with our new industrial giants (ahem), then will install a basement in each requiring an industrial center, and place their appropriate workshop in said basement.  The apprentice miller is not notable, and does not get a land parcel, if I am reading the rules correctly.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: December 03, 2014, 12:16:05 pm »

Ok, now that I have sorted dwarves and given them appropriate custom profession names to designate their "leaders of industry" status, I need to allocate land parcels. I see many empty houses that do not have residents yet.  I will see if there are enough of these to stuff with our new industrial giants (ahem), then will install a basement in each requiring an industrial center, and place their appropriate workshop in said basement.  The apprentice miller is not notable, and does not get a land parcel, if I am reading the rules correctly.

To own an industry a dwarf needs to be either a noble and dwarfed or legendary and dwarfed.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: December 03, 2014, 12:19:28 pm »

We have a dwarf request and  legendary Tanner . . .

Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: December 03, 2014, 12:28:48 pm »

The legendary tanner was excluded based on military skills.  I will have to re-read the no weekend warriors rule. Give me a minute.

Ok, let me see who is the military commander.
Current, We have 2 squad leaders:

Asob Othlstklm, heading up the murky metals; a fully populated squad
HugoLuman, a one-man army named The Spry Walls

This means Asob gets property according to the rules. Hugo automatically gets property being a founder, which he already has.

I will see if Asob has an estate yet--

There is a barracks, but it is not assigned. I will assign Asob ownership of the barracks in accordance with no weekend warriors rule.

« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 12:39:26 pm by wierd »

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: December 03, 2014, 12:42:29 pm »

I have several "leads" that I need to get workcenters built for. They lack legendary status, and will never get legendary status if they dont get workshops.

These include beekeepers, pressers, spinners, weavers, dyers, etc.

I want to try to cluster these industries somewhat close together for efficiency. I can get some of these workshops in existing localities, such as the farmer's workshop in my back yard-- but not all buildings are appropriate as yet.

Any ideas on how to pull this off while within the rules? Buildings *MUST* be owned.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: December 03, 2014, 12:44:04 pm »

I have several "leads" that I need to get workcenters built for. They lack legendary status, and will never get legendary status if they dont get workshops.

I want to try to cluster these industries somewhat close together for efficiency. I can get some of these workshops in existing localities, such as the farmer's workshop in my back yard-- but not all buildings are appropriate as yet.

Any ideas on how to pull this off while within the rules? Buildings *MUST* be owned.
So build your own house and house them there temporarily.  You could 'sell' industry tier to the citizens as they become capable of owning them.
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: December 03, 2014, 12:51:25 pm »

I can do that-- but this needs doing first.

Dwarfing list:
DwarfedDeadAwaiting Dwarfage
1. zubb2  (No Preference) <--This one gets dwarfed now. This one is mechanics industry
2. Baffler (Jeweler, Craftsdwarf)
3. Lord_lemonpie (Animal Trainer, Ranger)
4. neblime <--Animal industry
5. Ambidextrous (Mason, Engraver)
6.Onod Itlud <-- "Bone doctor", (But PK is the owner of the hospital)
7.Beneviento (Weaver Clothier) <---This one gets dwarfed now.
8.Taupe (Cook) <-- This one gets dwarfed now.

First up on the block is beneviento.  We have a lead weaver, and a lead clothier now. I will post their bio pages, and he can pick which he likes.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 12:57:37 pm by wierd »

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: December 03, 2014, 12:53:01 pm »

Zubb has a mechanic dwarf.  Onod has a bone doctor.
PKs DF Mod!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: December 03, 2014, 01:06:34 pm »

Ok Bienviento-- We have 2 dwarfs that match your request.

Spoiler:  Endok, the weaver (click to show/hide)

and

Spoiler:  Rovod, the clothier (click to show/hide)

Pick your poison.

---------------------

Taupe gets the Head Chef

Spoiler:  Head Chef (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 01:14:05 pm by wierd »

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: December 03, 2014, 01:10:46 pm »

Filling all possible noble positions or putting people to work doing carpentry or some other necessary task with plentiful resources works to create notables. You could set up "districtcs" by taking a pack of buildings and putting the loom owner next to the dyeworks owner.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: December 03, 2014, 01:19:23 pm »

That's what I intended; My estate has the farmplots on it, so getting the miller next door to me, with the dyer/weaver/clothier next to that makes sense. That's what I was aiming for-- but to get them into those buildings they need legendary and dwarfed.

Bienviendo needs to pick who will own the clothing industry so I can start grooming them for land ownership.

I see that we have prepared meals in our stockpiles, meaning there MUST be a kitchen somewhere.  I am going to see if any rules were broken to accomplish this.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: December 03, 2014, 01:25:39 pm »

That's what I intended; My estate has the farmplots on it, so getting the miller next door to me, with the dyer/weaver/clothier next to that makes sense. That's what I was aiming for-- but to get them into those buildings they need legendary and dwarfed.

Bienviendo needs to pick who will own the clothing industry so I can start grooming them for land ownership.

I see that we have prepared meals in our stockpiles, meaning there MUST be a kitchen somewhere.  I am going to see if any rules were broken to accomplish this.

There's a kitchen in the tavern.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: December 03, 2014, 01:26:32 pm »

I see this. This is acceptable. 

(I am just being extra careful. Not doing anything yet that cant be redacted.)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: December 03, 2014, 01:50:34 pm »

Wierd looked over the figures, and the village charter. 

Several industries could not be reasonably constructed in their proper places at this time due to zoning and skill level requirements. He would have to resort to... 'creative' problem solving.

The threshers, spinners and shearers could use the farmers workshop constructed on his own property to hone their trades, as an interim solution, but it would have to be resolved at some other point in time.

He could possibly get a single press and several hives installed on his roof, but first he would need to add the upper story he was afforded. The current rooftop could house the kiln he had been wanting to build, and the collected clay could be used to fabricate the hive boxes and upper story walls. He felt this would be somewhat permissible, given his ownership of the village brewery, and the obvious connection of beekeeping with mead making, but this was strictly to be a temporary arrangement. (He did not relish the idea of constant buzzing and possible issues with property damage of having hives of bees in his rooftop! The beekeeper could move his hive boxes later, when it was possible to draft his land deeds, and after he had achieved appropriate title.) The beekeeper and the presser could hone their skills this way, and it would get those industries at least on the road to being off the ground in the proper sense.

That still left milling, dying, and clothing industries.  There was no way he could lay claim to so many industries, even on a temporary basis. It would be a radical bending of the village charter to try weasel-wording that they were all "Related" industries to farming. Completely untenable as a prospect.

Currently, the kitchen was nestled in the Pickled Plum, which at least afforded the head chef a place to practice his culinary art, but that still left issues with where to place the mill.  The mill simply did not belong inside the plum. 

He stared blankly at the parchment. This was going to be a long day.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 54