Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should founders be rewarded with tiles to build on?

Founders should have a fixed number of useable tiles to own!
- 5 (29.4%)
Founders should be awarded more tiles to build on by popular consensus!
- 6 (35.3%)
No hard limits, just be reasonable!
- 6 (35.3%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 54

Author Topic: Nevertaxed: Dwarven Village Bloodline (Overseers Needed!)  (Read 54394 times)

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
Re: Nevertaxed: Dwarven Village Bloodline (Villagers Wanted!)
« Reply #360 on: December 04, 2014, 12:37:15 am »

The searing attack was in 97 he became a vampire in 145.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 12:41:25 am by Broseph Stalin »

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: December 04, 2014, 12:44:40 am »

The year 97.

The Searing Attack as part of The Splattered Conflict

Only these dwarves participated:

the dwarf Tolis Spryplans
the dwarf Ugrad Diamondransack
the dwarf Mec Tailfancy
the dwarf Ramkal Tricksstop  <--Our vampire
the dwarf Sana Scribechained

It is likely to be a very celebrated event in elven lyrical parlance, as of the 395 members of the site, 350 of them died, and yet they won.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: December 04, 2014, 12:46:29 am »

Damn.

Well, that's an avenue lost. 

Guess we have to go with "Inter-cult conflict intrigue".

Wierd is not a professional interrogator. As such, he would use less than "Stellar" methods to get information. What I can do, is get the baron to slip up and reveal his information about Ura and being the former exalted oblivion in an act of shameless self-confidence, believing wierd to be too drunk/simple/stupid to remember anything/be believed. (Which of course, being a dwarven party-hound, is laughable)

I will go that route....
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 12:49:43 am by wierd »

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: December 04, 2014, 12:50:17 am »

So they sing songs about the five dwarven warlords who they defeated, the songs describe Ramkal, the diplomat is innocently entertained by the fact that he looks so much like a dwarf who would have to be over 170 now. It's weak evidence but since Koreg would already know about Ramkal it would make sense for him to start putting pieces together once it was suggested.

Really no bad way to handle this.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: December 04, 2014, 12:53:18 am »

Also I'm completely exhausted, I'll be all in to participate tommorrow.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: December 04, 2014, 01:23:43 am »

It was well past the midnight hour when Wierd tapped with the 'approved' rythm on Koreg's over-stated manor house, and was deftly admitted after being curtly questioned about being followed. 

Koreg and his paranoia... 

"Well, What is it then? I though I told you not to come here again like this unless it was important." Koreg scolded. "The last thing we need is to have to answer questions about why you are skulking down here like this in the dead of night-- In fact--"

Wierd cut him off.  "I just had the most intriguing conversation with our blood sucking baron." he cooed, the stench of river spirits and plum brandy rank on his breath.

"Just HOW MUCH have you been drinking?" Koreg demanded, his eyes like daggers in the dark. "Are you SURE you weren't followed?--bloody incompetent...."

"Enough to get our friend to think I was more screwedup than a gnome in a patch of kobold bulbs-- And yes. I once drunk an elephant under the table-- WILD story that one!"

"KEEP YOUR VOICE DOWN!" Koreg hissed angrily. "I swear, if you weren't essential to my plans, i'd..."

"armok's beard, Koreg. Nobody followed me, least of all that stupid baron. He was much too busy with that scrawny looking elf hussy listening to her stupid demands in the pub when I left to take much notice of me. Dismissed me with all the pomp you would expect from one of his sort. --You know, A baron."

Koreg leaned back in his chair, the scowl still on his face. "Go on then. Make your report-- What happened?"

"After the 'beloved baron' had his first audience with that freaky elf girl and she made her absurd pronouncement about pending hostilities, he asked her for a short recess-- 'to prepare his effects for a proper peace accord' or some similarly flowery crap like that. She had this snooty "Go eat kobold dung and die" look on her face with that pointy little upturned nose of hers, and returned his request with every bit as much pomp-- You know I really hate public officials, right?"

"Yes yes-- get to the point." Koreg growled.

"Well, After she left the pub to go mill about with those other spindly pointy eared mothers, I approached him to offer him a drink, given that the silly elf huss just out and blurted her ultimatum like that in front of dwarf and beast for all to hear like that. It seemed a sociable enough thing, and I felt it would be a good enough test to see if he was actually a blood sucker or not.  You know-- they NEVER drink ANYTHING but blood, and if ever a proper dwarf would have needed a drink, it would have been then."

A faint curl of a smile and a slight twinkle hit Koreg's expression, but it only was just barely visible over the 'total glare of a dragon's fire' expression he was giving his new "Minister of agricultural affairs."

"Go on."

"He accepted, graciously enough-- and ordered me a drink. We talked about this, and that-- and about my recent appointment, and all that trivial crap. You know-- bullshit. Basically anything to keep him talking. He started out acting like I was a petty annoyance, but as time passed, he started taking a more keen interest in me, and kept buying me drinks. Started with the usual stuff-- Plum brandy, the local swill --I should know, I make most of it-- but as I pretended to get more and more sauced, and started asking more blunt questions accordingly, He seemed to become quite confident indeed-- I offered to buy him a round of drinks many times, and every time he cordially and politely refused, saying how much more I clearly needed one instead-- I kept count-- I offered him a drink no less than 12 times, and he turned me down each time--"

"Is there a point to this?" Koreg groaned.

"Well, after the third barrel of river spirits went dry.."

"Third barrel?" Koreg's eyebrow rose in incredulity

"Yes-- as I said, I can hold more liquor than an elephant--  All those years of partying really pays for itself-- Paid many a month's back taxes on bets--- up until nobody would bother to bet against me that is---- Anyhow-- After the third barrel of river spirits went dry, I really laid on the drunken stupor act, and asked him where he was from-- You know, originally."

"And?"

"You'll love this.  He did this silly looking little arm waving ritual type thing, and said he was once "The Exalted Oblivion of The Dead Coven", and --"

Koreg's look of fuming irritation suddenly gave way to a predatory, hungry gaze. "The dead coven-- are you sure that's what he said?"

"Yeah- as I said, the dead coven-- and then he said --"

"I don't care what else he said-- The waving arm ritual thing, did it look like this?" demanded Koreg, as he replicated it perfectly, as though from much repitition.

"Aye, like that-- and as I was saying.."

"Thank you Wierd, you have been most helpful."
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 01:26:48 am by wierd »

Beneviento

• Bay Watcher
  • Rocks and Blocks
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: December 04, 2014, 02:37:10 am »

Thanks for dorfing me. You know what, if you don't mind making the change, can you switch me to the clothier and Maolagin to the weaver? I don't know why, but I think I'd prefer to have the clothier.
And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the Assaulted Lanterns Magma Artillery' - King Id I of the Assaulted Lanterns

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: December 04, 2014, 09:05:03 am »

Ok, I can do that.

Maolagin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: December 04, 2014, 01:13:14 pm »

Ok, I can do that.

Cool, I'll happily take on Maolagin the weaver. I see she's a historical migrant, so I guess there's a trip into legends in my near future to figure out her backstory.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: December 04, 2014, 01:50:18 pm »

It is done.

Maolagin is the legendary weaver, owner of the weaving studio.

Beneviento is the clothier, my renter.

(bio pages shortly)

Spoiler: Maolagin, weaver (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 02:02:25 pm by wierd »

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: December 04, 2014, 01:55:36 pm »

In the history of the Dead Coven there have been exactly five people to hold the title of Exalted Oblivion and Ramkal was the only dwarf.

It had been my hope to distance myself from the Order but they were the only source of refuge during my days on the road, my only source of trade when it came time to outfit the expedition, and now the ghosts of the order find themselves on my doorstep. I have made a point of writing little about it but it does not feel particularly pleasant to hold this knowledge in. There was a period of unrest over a century ago  when battles raged between Goblins, Humans, Elves, and Dwarves while terrible monsters rampaged unchecked. This was taken by some to be a sign of the end times. The titan Udar Soakrivers came to be revered as the bringer of the apocalypse and worshipers of both the Amber Dyes and Ura joined together in worship of Udar. We were called informally the Order of Tombs and the name stuck though no records of our organization were allowed to exist. We curried the favor of King Kubuk Furnaceslide and played off his desire to find the mechanism of immortality and grew influential in a short period of time.

In 103 things fell apart. The titan was killed in 103 and the king died shortly after ,we did not keep records or allow talk of such things but I believe the King's life was tied to it's through dark means. His daughter had no faith in us, she turned instead to the worshipers of Udar stripped my father of his title and our power dwindled within the Tame Gears. Seeing no further opportunities I left the group and my family and struck out on my own.

I was asked after by the Merchants Guild of Galerings in late 149 and fled north. The cult welcomed me back and gave me refuge but expected me to provide them a service. They said that in 109 the Dead Coven formed. The Coven were fervent worshipers of Ura and sought to cast the titan worshipers out of Arrowprinces. There was a terrible power struggle in the city and the cult's power had not fallen off as greatly as the public believed. They were fine until 145 when the leader of the coven Ramkal Trickstops the Exalted Oblivion preformed a black rite at the monastery of ghosts and was given the power of the vampire. He began a crusade against the cult and we they were nearly destroyed. The vampire was quite skilled at hiding his nature from public eye ,he may have lost his step since then, and saw to it that all of his victims were expertly hidden. I located one and hid it with much less skill. He was named for the monster he was and cast out.

After that the Order of Tombs was free from pressure in the region and expanded from Arrowprinces into Lulledelders in 164.
They bumped into Ramkal again, this time acting as lord of the city and protecting the Ura worshippers of the Communion of Burying in the monastery they created there called the Sanctum of Bones.  He was outed as a vampire (I suspect the Order used my old trick) the same year and cast out again. The new Lady of the city razed the Sanctum of Bone and drove out the Ura purists two years later. The fires had barely cooled when Ac Sodues built the Convent of Ash, declared himself High Grave, and formalized our their newfound strength.

Ramkal did not to my knowledge recover, he was not able to find a position of power or or prestige anywhere in the world and instead went into hiding in some unknown place. It would seem the promise of Nevertaxed was too much for even him.

It would be very foolish to acknowledge my affiliation with the Order of Tombs. Etur Opendroughs our queen has made a mission of purging all references to her mother and grandfather's obsession with dark rituals. That's precisely why I suspect all we need to do is make his identity apparent to discourage any investigation into why exactly he isn't ruling over us. The technique is the same, plant accurate evidence. I have sent missive to the Convent of Ash for a description of the evil vampire that was driven from the city. If we dispose of the Baron and mention to that woman Bim that he looks quite a lot like a vampire the royal family use to be close with the MTS will not press the issue. 

Legends writes the BEST stories.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: December 04, 2014, 02:16:11 pm »

Would you like me to wait for the human caravan to show up before arranging the baron's unfortunate end?

I need to off him before the dwarven liason shows up in the fall.

I was setting up wierd to be a "target", so that I could RP the situation where I "neutralize" the baron.  I know that bridge smashing is against the rules for use against invaders.  Does the baron count?  It's the ideal way to kill him, but prevent him showing up in the "Dead" list.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 02:19:35 pm by wierd »

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: December 04, 2014, 02:19:08 pm »

Deal with him however you'd like whenever you'd like.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: December 04, 2014, 02:39:21 pm »

Ok, I am using 3 of the silver bars (temporarily) to construct a raising bridge inside one of the brand new housing units I constructed.

I will assign him a burrow there. He will of course, ignore it like plague, but he will eventually waltz in.  I intend to roleplay this as showing off a new "experimental fruit juice press", or some similarly absurd thing. It's well off the beaten track, so it's also a good place to eat my dwarf. Perfect.

Want advice/approval before activating the smoosher though.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: December 04, 2014, 02:44:19 pm »

Assign him a bed in a house.  As a noble he'll go in and do nothing.  Lock him in.  Then, collapse the roof.  It was an 'accident', and we are all sad for it.

And take pics of it.  So we can grieve over his death.

---

Its even better for RP than a bridge.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 02:46:02 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 54