Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should founders be rewarded with tiles to build on?

Founders should have a fixed number of useable tiles to own!
- 5 (29.4%)
Founders should be awarded more tiles to build on by popular consensus!
- 6 (35.3%)
No hard limits, just be reasonable!
- 6 (35.3%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 54

Author Topic: Nevertaxed: Dwarven Village Bloodline (Overseers Needed!)  (Read 54393 times)

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
Re: Nevertaxed: Dwarven Village Bloodline (Villagers Wanted!)
« Reply #390 on: December 04, 2014, 04:06:37 pm »

You could just hang the shields on the wall inside the inn, the place could use a bit of decoration.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: December 04, 2014, 04:06:55 pm »

We might get "delayed punishment" bad thoughts, since he will be "Missing".

but this is AFTER the personality bugfix, so we should be OK.

LOL! We could stick them in a display case, and say we were going to present them to him upon his return from his important political mission, as a demonstration of our "sincerity" in awaiting his return. LOL

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: December 04, 2014, 04:14:52 pm »

The "Fruit Press" is ready.  I have it in the "Down" position, so it isn't so patently obvious to our good baron.

His mooshing will have a comedic "Toss-A-Baron" first stage, which I hope will injure him enough to reveal his vampire nature, before the second stage, which mooshes him.  The bridgeapult will happen inside a fully enclosed space with no-where for him to go, so no matter where he lands he will get mooshed what good when the bridge comes back down again.

Spoiler: The Fruit Press (click to show/hide)

**edit
The baron has been assigned. Now we wait for him to go there.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 04:19:20 pm by wierd »

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: December 04, 2014, 04:40:31 pm »

Spending the past few nights being "conveniently" absent from the baron's watchful eye, and having heard many townsfolk mention that the baron had been looking for him, wierd had consigned himself to the dirty plot of elimination of the vampire baron, before he could claim any more lives, and before he could destroy NeverTaxed in the king's name.

Koreg had been rather short on the details, but had come to see him some nights after his initial visit in the late hours so many days before. At first Wierd didnt know what to think about Koreg's rather abrupt termination of the meeting, wondering if he had fouled things up somehow, and gotten the baron all suspicious for nothing, however, while he was churning up yet another tub of plum must for yet another run of plum brandy, Koreg surprised him by sneaking up on him like a ghost. After being admonished for letting his guard down and being so easy to sneak up on, (as a vampire would easily have made short work of me right then and there), "fearless leader" carefully laid a few precious nuggets of information on him, completely laying any doubts about the baron's counter-claim about PK being responsible for the recent murders to rest.

He didnt know where or how Koreg had those musty old folios of yellowed parchment, or blasphemous occult artifacts he had sequestered on his person, but the story he unfolded about the baron in just a few short sentences ran a chill down his spine.  After revealing his hand, Koreg asked him what he intended to do about things.

Naturally, they couldnt just convict the baron in the open, as it would arouse too much suspicion, especially with the royal court, who no doubt had sent the vile creature here in the first place. No-- Somehow the baron had to "Disappear".  The idea came to him after observing just how little was left of the apples when made into cider, after going through the cider press...  He *HAD* been tasked with improving productivity, and he *WAS* in charge of the brewing administration here in Nevertaxed-- even without his temporarily elevated position.  And the idea gelled in his mind like a masterful tallow roast. Savory, and smooth, all at the same time.

It had taken some doing, but he secured 3 of the 4 precious silver bars that were in the fortress stockpiles for the construction of a new "Fruit Press"-- One able to press many bushels of fruit "at the same time" with nearly unimaginable force. It was completely illegal, but he had it installed secretly in one of the many unused living spaces that now cluttered the east side of the central business district. Nobody lived or worked over that far east, which made its secret installation that much easier.  Now that it was ready, it was time to finally see the baron again.

The baron, always the kind to do the most useless of labors when accused of doing none at all, as so many public officials did habitually, was hard at "work" making "Cheese" near the center of town.

Interrupting the baron, and asking him to come for a walk in private to come see his new "Fruit Press", the baron at first seemed reluctant, but then recanted and agreed with an impish smile when he learned it was far away, in the most disused part of town possible. Getting the baron's attention as a possible feeding target was risky, but one thing you could count on with vampires, is that they loved eating people that they considered "worthless" or "Stupid"-- things he had been routinely accused of numerous times in the past by so many other public officials. He would show this blood sucking git just how "Stupid" and "Useless" he really was...

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: December 04, 2014, 04:44:57 pm »

The baron has had all his labors disabled, but is NOT going to his assigned burrow.  Maybe he suspects something?
Any ideas on how to get him there more expediently? I dont like having him idling in the plum when there are dwarves sleeping in the beds.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: December 04, 2014, 04:47:02 pm »

The baron has had all his labors disabled, but is NOT going to his assigned burrow.  Maybe he suspects something?
Any ideas on how to get him there more expediently? I dont like having him idling in the plum when there are dwarves sleeping in the beds.

Create a second burrow containing everything except the fruit press and assign everyone to it except the baron then designate the press as a meeting area. It's annoying and occasionally unpastured animals wander in but it's fairly effective.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: December 04, 2014, 04:58:19 pm »

Excellent. There's some job cancellation spam, but is otherwise proving to be quite effective. He is heading there right now...

--
Very good. He is in, and I have locked the door. Now to assign Wierd as the designated lever puller for the lever, and have some fun.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 05:01:39 pm by wierd »

Aranador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: December 04, 2014, 05:08:57 pm »

Burrows 'work' by forcing a dwarf to only accept jobs within the burrow.  By disabling all the mayor's labours, he won't get any jobs anyway, so has no reason to go to the burrow.

The meeting place trick will work - because 'hang around in the meeting place' is essentially a hidden job.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: December 04, 2014, 05:16:35 pm »

Wierd was taking too long... so I set allow all back on the lever's profile.

Guess who is going to pull it?

Spoiler: The Plot Thickens! (click to show/hide)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: December 04, 2014, 05:17:51 pm »

Hehehe.  Doctors always have free time.  :P

Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: December 04, 2014, 05:27:18 pm »

It was shortly after the bloody baron entered the secreted chamber, that wierd heard the all too familiar and satisfying "click" of the rigged doorway latching shut behind him, and the muffled sounds of anger coming from within-- However, before he could pull the lever, and seal the vampire's doom, the good doctor PK showed up.

"You can't keep a secret in this town, you know that right?" the doctor quipped, before reaching for the lever.

Wierd was somewhat taken aback, he had been sure he had done this with as much secrecy as was dwarvenly possible.

"Shh.. Doctor-patient confidentiality." whispered the doctor with a wicked smile, as he gave the lever the first pull...

There was a muffled and angry sound as the baron was catapulted up to the rafters, then landed again with a thud, followed by furious beating on the door.

"It takes 2 pulls.." wierd said, looking away.

"Ah, Of course." smiled the doctor, just before pulling it the second time.

"Didn't you swear some kind of oath?" asked wierd in bewilderment, as PK non-chalantly began walking back toward to the hospital.

"Oh, that only applies to the living. Doctors are well known for cutting up cadavers." he said with a grin, without even missing a step. "Talk to you later, Mr. Minister..." he quipped, as he walked out of sight.

The mechanism of the fruit press was unfortunately a little time-delayed, and after hearing the second click of the lever, the bloody baron began to rage and hiss impotently as he beat against the door, demanding to be let out at once.

« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 05:39:35 pm by wierd »

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: December 04, 2014, 05:38:00 pm »

PK was Belligerent.

They were actually going to do it! How could they be planning murder!
He had known of a plot since late Granite.  Had wierd forgotten that PK staffed the inn for the first 18 months?  Koreg's involvement was surprising, but no less than finding out that the king was planning on instituting a tax again.  Medical insurance was too expensive in the kingdom, and humans were too finicky about 'bedside manner'.  This was the ideal solution; a post as the well-fed and oft toasted doctor of outcasts, and PK was not going to be left out of the loop.

PK's own plans were less devious than Koreg's:  he would simply imply knowledge of the plot while maintaining a dwarven air of ignorance.  He didnt know what that lever would do; maybe it was for show, the one in the church never did anything before.  Still, the message was clear.  Nobody was going to be able to plan without his knowledge.  That elf that came around a while back was still buried away, and surely nobody knew about  his 'mission'.

This fort was unique: a new kind of experiment.  And PK was to sit at the helm.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

PsychoAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • My silliness is our saving grace.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #402 on: December 04, 2014, 05:39:26 pm »

Bye bye, Vlad! We'll miss you!
Our forward thinking overseer at the time devised a way in which werebeasts can live in peace with other dwarves by utilizing the mysterious magical properties of soap!

Quote from: PsychoAngel on January 19, 2016
Don't worry. I've got extremely volatile exploding fish.
My friends and I say a lot of fun things to each other.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: December 04, 2014, 05:47:31 pm »

The furious shrieking and powerful beating suddenly ended with a hideous crunching sound, as the fruit-press slammed down into the "Juicing" position. From the direction of the plum, there was a sudden sound of jubilation.  Turning his head in surprise, he overheard a young dwarf exclaim the results of secret election.

Was the whole village involved in the plot?

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: December 04, 2014, 05:53:22 pm »

Koreg stood in the Pickled Plum quietly standing beside a special cask of brandy. There was a terrible crashing sound at which point he wordlessly raised a finger and another at which point he nodded.

"I've just received word that the baron is on a diplomatic mission." Someone laughed but Koreg didn't acknowledge it. "But I suppose we'll have to elect a mayor to handle his duties until he returns? Are there any candidates?"

There was laughter and cheering as Koreg cracked open the brandy.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 54