Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Angel civilization  (Read 2093 times)

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
Re: Angel civilization
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2014, 08:58:09 pm »

Ah, but I don't go 100% traditional. I've always changed it around. These angels will be warmongers, babysnatchers, and thieves. Larger than a human, with three sub-races/castes under the normal genderless one, they'll be strong, but they won't be allowed steel. Two castes fly, the Seraph, a six winged, spear wielding soldier, and the Celestial Sprite, a two winged, sword wielding soldier. I'm not sure what the third will be, but it'll be a user of whips, huge, and grounded. Maybe throw fireballs.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2014, 09:18:06 pm »

Sounds interesting, maybe the huge ones should be totally slow but very strong, and be the mother angels?

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2014, 09:34:20 pm »

I've got it! I'll have it be a master in all social skills related to deception, such as lying, persuasion, coercion, etc. etc. and have it be human sized, and demonic. Scaled, fire breath, master dodger, no weapons skills, horned, no pain, exhaust, fear, stun, or sleep, a huge max age, and genderless. "Ageless One." For every thousand standard sprites, there'll be only one Ageless one. Basically, this thing will be assured to be your mayor if you have one, and definitely the monarch. Angelic race ruled by an ageless demon.

Oh, one major point: unless you change it to be so, this won't be a playable race. Just a group of people to come along and screw stuff up.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 09:36:04 pm by StagnantSoul »
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2014, 10:27:10 pm »

Thats fine im trying to get the good angels them selfs mad up.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2014, 10:33:54 pm »

Nah, I'm just going to have them be seemingly nice, angelic beings. Turns out, they're evil. Cannibalism for everyone, torture for fun in public markets, public executions with knives, slaves doing work, they're pretty bad guys compared to dwarves or humans. I'm hoping I can make them have a demon as their ruler, like goblins always have.

Give them [NOEMOTION]

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2014, 08:14:13 am »

Evil angels are too mainstream.

To be a true hipster, you have to make honest-to-god, no-catch good race.
._.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2014, 11:47:52 am »

Well if any body here is good with interactions they could make one for holy fire which cause mass paralysis or mass pain caused by armork's influence being erased.

Starmantis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2014, 12:30:20 pm »

I have been thinking about making a mod like this, Im not very skilled at modding, but I think I could whip something up, Im still making decisions though.

Im still deciding between angels always being in true form, or angels by default being humanoid, but can use an interaction to take "Apocalyptic form" in which they
take on the more biblical descriptions of angels (covered in eyes, numerous wings etc)

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2014, 02:08:09 pm »

I have been thinking about making a mod like this, Im not very skilled at modding, but I think I could whip something up, Im still making decisions though.

Im still deciding between angels always being in true form, or angels by default being humanoid, but can use an interaction to take "Apocalyptic form" in which they
take on the more biblical descriptions of angels (covered in eyes, numerous wings etc)
That seems like a good idea.
Pages: 1 [2]