Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13

Author Topic: (TSG) Reclaim a Wizard's Tower!  (Read 23176 times)

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
Re: (TSG) Reclaim a Wizard's Tower!
« Reply #105 on: November 17, 2014, 09:36:53 pm »

What? We don't need to go mind reading people. Malfang is clearly guilty! Even if we take her story as fact, taking the booze as "damages" without having a senior mage (or a judge we appoint) award them is clearly inappropriate. Return the grog to the orc girl, heal her injuries (we are a bio mage!) and make the following announcement:

"There is no conclusive evidence one way or the other to determine who started the fight. Both accounts agree, however, that the apprentices under the Steel of Steel took the grog without paying, either as brazen theft, or as "damages" for assaulting them. Regardless of who started it, it is inappropriate for a mere apprentice to take justice into their own hands in that manner. The remaining barrels are to be returned to their original owner, who will be healed of the injuries she sustained in the fight. Malfang and the others will be left to heal naturally as punishment for failing to report the alteraction."
+1
+1 It does look suspicious that Malfang stole the alcohol, but it's also suspicious that young Orc Woman accused two dwarves who were most likely not there. In the end it is Malfang's faulty for stealing grog and subsequently partying right afterwards without telling us anything. If Malfang continues to get into trouble related to booze, we might have to send her to AA meetings.
Max avatar size is 80x80

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 17, 2014, 10:01:23 pm »

What? We don't need to go mind reading people. Malfang is clearly guilty! Even if we take her story as fact, taking the booze as "damages" without having a senior mage (or a judge we appoint) award them is clearly inappropriate. Return the grog to the orc girl, heal her injuries (we are a bio mage!) and make the following announcement:

"There is no conclusive evidence one way or the other to determine who started the fight. Both accounts agree, however, that the apprentices under the Steel of Steel took the grog without paying, either as brazen theft, or as "damages" for assaulting them. Regardless of who started it, it is inappropriate for a mere apprentice to take justice into their own hands in that manner. The remaining barrels are to be returned to their original owner, who will be healed of the injuries she sustained in the fight. Malfang and the others will be left to heal naturally as punishment for failing to report the alteraction."
+1

Good enough for me. Being a hardass is better than being the all knowing judge. Again though we should create a judge of character spell that can enhance our senses of a person so in a real case we have more to go on.

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 18, 2014, 02:26:16 pm »

what about the deep stab wounds i mean we need at least tell the orc off a little for stabbing the trolls

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 18, 2014, 02:29:47 pm »

what about the deep stab wounds i mean we need at least tell the orc off a little for stabbing the trolls

He'll probally say it was self defense. Let's just drop this case in a way that everyone will just let it go.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 18, 2014, 10:27:21 pm »

+1
+1 It does look suspicious that Malfang stole the alcohol, but it's also suspicious that young Orc Woman accused two dwarves who were most likely not there. In the end it is Malfang's faulty for stealing grog and subsequently partying right afterwards without telling us anything. If Malfang continues to get into trouble related to booze, we might have to send her to AA meetings.
So stealing grog in exchange for being attacked is not alright, and getting stabbed and then not telling anyone is not alright, but stabbing someone because they made you a crappy offer and then lying about it is alright?

He'll probally say it was self defense. Let's just drop this case in a way that everyone will just let it go.
It was a she, but this. We don't know what happened, it's a trivial matter, and everyone's probably lying at least a little. Singling out one party or another for some bureaucratic infraction isn't going to help anything. Authority's often a matter of grace more than it is knowing what to do in every situation.

Even here, Malfang's probably not totally above stabbing herself to fake the incident, and we already know the trolls consider being ritually sacrificed by their drider overlords to be an honor. Might explain why the dwarves were there in one story and not the other, in fact- maybe they lacked the stones to take a few knifings like Dear Sister and her pets did.

All of which goes back to my stance of "This is a clusterfuck, let's smooth it over and then forget about it."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 18, 2014, 11:23:55 pm »

So stealing grog in exchange for being attacked is not alright, and getting stabbed and then not telling anyone is not alright, but stabbing someone because they made you a crappy offer and then lying about it is alright?
Malfang definitely did steal the grog, even if we're not sure about her motives for doing so. Maybe it was just plain robbery like the orc girl said, maybe it was a revenge thing like the apprentices said. Either way, we don't approve of revenge theft, since it causes issues like this that we have to deal with. As the theft is the only crime that we're sure happened, we're going to return the stolen property and make a tiny reparation to the victim. I feel like that really is the best way to get Archer calmed down about it without annoying the Steel of Steels.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 18, 2014, 11:39:42 pm »

Malfang definitely did steal the grog, even if we're not sure about her motives for doing so. Maybe it was just plain robbery like the orc girl said, maybe it was a revenge thing like the apprentices said. Either way, we don't approve of revenge theft, since it causes issues like this that we have to deal with. As the theft is the only crime that we're sure happened, we're going to return the stolen property and make a tiny reparation to the victim. I feel like that really is the best way to get Archer calmed down about it without annoying the Steel of Steels.

+1 he's already a weak coward who doesn't like fighting. Heck he's such a coward he hides behind his own walls. Plus he got kicked out of his tribe for being such a coward. They loved him like no other and even he was too much for them.

Archer will take what he can get and won't try to hurt the steel of steel. If he does...We'll settle it in a duel, one which archer will refuse and we can say we tried to give justice on to him but he wouldn't take it.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 18, 2014, 11:48:27 pm »

Returning the grog I approve of. It's phrasing it as "You definitely fucked up even though we have no idea what actually happened, so we're going to punish you for this sliver of that incident while shrugging at the rest" that would make us sound like a jackass.

"I know Billy took Suzy's doll and nothing else, so Billy should give it back because that's the only permanent issue here" is sensible.

"I saw Billy pushing Suzy and have no idea what else occurred, so Billy needs to be publicly reprimanded for pushing Suzy, whom I'm going to do the laundry for to make up for her dress getting dirty" is asinine.

+1 he's already a weak coward who doesn't like fighting. Heck he's such a coward he hides behind his own walls. Plus he got kicked out of his tribe for being such a coward. They loved him like no other and even he was too much for them.

Archer will take what he can get and won't try to hurt the steel of steel. If he does...We'll settle it in a duel, one which archer will refuse and we can say we tried to give justice on to him but he wouldn't take it.
We should also probably not base all of our strife resolutions on "Well what's he gonna do 'bout it?" Just because Archer's a coward doesn't mean we should shaft him and his crew whenever convenient.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 18, 2014, 11:55:30 pm »

Or we could take the perfectly reasonable step of practising with our mind magic, discovering what is actually happening and boosting our skills in the process, rather than sending everyone the message that we're either a gullible sap and/or an indifferent, nepotistic, negligent overseer.
We're a skilled Mind Wizard, not a primary school teacher; let's just pull the answer from their minds and assign punishment or not accordingly.

Failing that, Irony's suggestion is the one that makes us look the least like an idiot.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 19, 2014, 08:24:15 am »

Or we could take the perfectly reasonable step of practising with our mind magic, discovering what is actually happening and boosting our skills in the process, rather than sending everyone the message that we're either a gullible sap and/or an indifferent, nepotistic, negligent overseer.
We're a skilled Mind Wizard, not a primary school teacher; let's just pull the answer from their minds and assign punishment or not accordingly.

Failing that, Irony's suggestion is the one that makes us look the least like an idiot.

+1 to this, best way to settle it
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 19, 2014, 12:10:32 pm »

+1

+1 to this, best way to settle it

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 19, 2014, 12:35:25 pm »

I'm going with Irony's suggestion in regards to the trial and such. No need to really bother about it excessively.

Now, the altar: Let's just get the damn thing removed. Given that if re-dedicated the shine to another god, we'd have to maintain it and if it got discovered, we'd have to deal with all the repercussions of that.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 19, 2014, 12:43:57 pm »

Agreed. Let's just remove the whole thing. We don't need its booms and this guy might be fishy.

We should also tall to our beloved brood mother to know how she's doing. If the overmages are helping her opponent then we should be able to help our mum/queen/person that would love us if she won..possibly giving us assistance where possible.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 19, 2014, 03:44:05 pm »

We should also tall to our beloved brood mother to know how she's doing. If the overmages are helping her opponent then we should be able to help our mum/queen/person that would love us if she won..possibly giving us assistance where possible.
+1 Hopefully we have some carrier piegons or a mailman.

I think the the alter shouldn't be moved because Scurryfingers said we need to sacrifice a dead body of a sentiental being or the demon lord, Prime Balrog, could magically hurt us. There's no hurry to get rid of it as we still have 3 claimed floors, an unclaimed basement floor, and the unclaimed roof.
Max avatar size is 80x80

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 19, 2014, 03:45:28 pm »

That's essentially what we have the silk trolls for though :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13