Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11

Author Topic: Cultists: A Suggestion Game  (Read 16950 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Cultists: A Suggestion Game
« Reply #120 on: December 13, 2014, 10:21:25 pm »

I want to go get those dead dudes we killed earlier but I'm not sure if there's a way to do it discretely. Any ideas? Maybe we should just stay here and fix the skull and stuff.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 14, 2014, 04:56:53 pm »

Draw a strane symbol on his chest, and pretend that we can use it to kill him from a distance. tell him to get some materials for our skull.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 14, 2014, 05:15:05 pm »

Draw a strane symbol on his chest, and pretend that we can use it to kill him from a distance. tell him to get some materials for our skull.
+1. Also tell him he'll die if we die.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 05:40:09 pm by Yourmaster »
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #123 on: December 14, 2014, 06:08:39 pm »

+1. Also tell him he'll die if we die.
Brilliant. +1

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Cultists: A Suggestion Game
« Reply #124 on: January 03, 2015, 02:25:49 am »

Draw a strange symbol on his chest, and pretend that we can use it to kill him from a distance. tell him to get some materials for our skull.

Reaching over to the nearby table you pick up a small glass jar filled with a red dye, hair dye if you had to take a guess, and dip your finger into it before closing on the youth. Pulling his shirt out of the way you daub a crude sign (an infinity symbol with a very simplistic half cog encircling it) onto his chest as you talk to him once again,

"Think of this symbol as insurance of sorts, I don't particularly mistrust you, but should you ever attempt to betray me I'll be able to kill you from anywhere I please with a mere thought. Serve me loyally and you will be rewarded for your services well, attempt to betray me however, and I will end you in a way that will have you begging for a true end. Now I have a task for you, my servo-skull got damaged by the now deceased leader of your old gang. Go get me scrap metal, wiring, and anything vaguely electronic that you can find so I can repair it. Hurry along now, don't try my patience."

With that the youth gulps, and gives a curt nod as you untie him. When you finish the youth scrabbles upright, and charges out the door rather eager to get the task done and yelling over his shoulder that he'd return quickly with what you wanted. As he leaves you turn to your small pile of loot, and begin to contemplate your next move. What now?

Spoiler: Loot (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Magnus Kegback (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Subordinates (click to show/hide)

GM Note: Sorry for the long absence, and extreme lack of updates. I hope you all are still interested in playing this as I'm still very interested in running this, and now that I have not broke computer with stable internet access I'll be working on improving my update rate greatly so that this can get off the ground. Any way, nice rolls on convincing this guy. I really wasn't expecting several of the 18+ rolls you've had from the past like three updates.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 02:44:30 am by adwarf »

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 03, 2015, 03:11:32 am »

Take the throne gelts and add it to the bag. Take the spitfire and load it with rounds. Do the same for the revolver. See if there's a worktable or desk somewhere in this building, then try to combine the knife with the revolver to make a combi-weapon, in case we miss our shots and the enemy gets close.

When the ganger comes back, fix up our servo-skull. Send the kid out to make some money on the streets, doing sci-fi gang stuff or something.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #126 on: January 03, 2015, 03:22:27 am »

Take the throne gelts and add it to the bag. Take the spitfire and load it with rounds. Do the same for the revolver. See if there's a worktable or desk somewhere in this building, then try to combine the knife with the revolver to make a combi-weapon, in case we miss our shots and the enemy gets close.

When the ganger comes back, fix up our servo-skull. Send the kid out to make some money on the streets, doing sci-fi gang stuff or something.
+1

Bind our shoulder. Strip the house for parts: pipes from the walls, wiring and filaments from the lights, old fuses still in the boxes and such. Look for secret compartments behind the drywall!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 03:25:29 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 03, 2015, 08:42:09 am »

+1

Bind our shoulder. Strip the house for parts: pipes from the walls, wiring and filaments from the lights, old fuses still in the boxes and such. Look for secret compartments behind the drywall!
+1

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Cultists: A Suggestion Game
« Reply #128 on: January 04, 2015, 09:42:22 pm »

Not long after your new subordinate has left you set to work sorting through the pile of gear you'd managed to loot from this place. Picking up the Spitfire you load the last two rounds into it, and place the thing carefully into a side pocket of your bag for the time being considering the things rather ... makeshift nature. Next you pull out the empty stub revolver, and quickly load six rounds into the cylinder before snapping it shut with a flick of your wrist. Placing the credits with the others you pick up the last item, a crude knife seemingly forged from one piece of metal, and an idea comes to mind that has you up and tearing at the nearest visible collection of wires.

Swiping empty bottles, and debris off the table you place the stub revolver, knife, and a handful of wires onto the table before maneuvering your utility mechadendrite forward into place. Holding the knife against the base of the revolver's barrel you do a few quick spot welds to hold it in place while you take the wires, and wrap them around the handle of the blade and the barrel as tightly as possible before melting them together. You turn the makeshift weapon over in your hands and its far from the best craftsmanship, but it'll work ... probably.

With that done you spend a few minutes to bind the gunshot wound in your shoulder before setting about stripping the house apart for anything that could be even remotely useful. By the time you're done you have a rather meager pile of usable materials gathered, sadly it would seem someone had that idea before you and a lot of what was once in the hab that might have been useful is long gone. Thankfully the Ganger youth returns with much better results, an entire pack filled with scrap metal, loose wires, and even what appear to be a few circuit-boards and various other computational components.

Placing your damaged servo-skull on the table you quickly observe the damage, and conclude that most of the damage is superficial, but the shot did manage to partially destroy one of the skull's primary cogitators. Repairing this to working condition would require most of your circuit-boards, and take several hours of dedicated work. Given the current circumstances the repairs won't be very good quality, but they'll work ...

Before you begin repairs on the skull do you have any orders for your subordinate, or any other planned projects?

Spoiler: Materials (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Magnus Kegback (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Subordinates (click to show/hide)

GM Note: I cut off the update here to allow you guys to decide what you want the ganger to be doing while you work, and if you have anything else you wanna try out with your materials while you're at it.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 02:51:45 am by adwarf »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #129 on: January 05, 2015, 02:35:19 am »

Be mysterious. We need to go pick up a few friends of mine.. How are you feeling?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 13, 2015, 11:58:20 pm »

Bump for more suggestions, sorted out a lot of personal stuff so updates should be more frequent.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 14, 2015, 06:57:26 am »

Lets go shopping and see what we can buy.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 14, 2015, 07:38:12 am »

Be mysterious. We need to go pick up a few friends of mine.. How are you feeling?
+1

People are gonna question why an adept from the Mechanicus is shopping. Best to send our thug to do that later.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 14, 2015, 08:41:23 am »

+1

People are gonna question why an adept from the Mechanicus is shopping. Best to send our thug to do that later.
later then, but we do need some bigger tools and materals for our projects.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 14, 2015, 11:33:15 am »

+1

later then, but we do need some bigger tools and materals for our projects.
+1
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11