Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11

Author Topic: Cultists: A Suggestion Game  (Read 16945 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Cultists: A Suggestion Game
« Reply #90 on: November 13, 2014, 03:18:42 pm »

We definitely don't want anyone to think we're Mechanicus, that's something we really want to avoid. People would get nervous or cheeky. Being borged is common enough that no one will give us a second look as long as we keep ourselves mostly covered, so no one can see the extent of it. We're better off seeming like a normal dude.

There were four gangers right? Take something from one of the three we killed for proof, then threaten him to work for us.
We know one guy's name, "Jim". We should take something from him as proof when we drop his name at the door, then make something up to get the guard to come inside with us.

*show's Jim's glove/hat/jacket* Jim sent me. *cooly looks around to make sure no one's watching* I've got a job for you and your friends. It pays well. We should discuss it, inside. Or summat along those lines.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Cultists: A Suggestion Game
« Reply #91 on: November 13, 2014, 11:45:15 pm »

Get some proof, case the apartment the Gangers are hanging out in, and try to talk your way in.

You go and search for a piece of proof to show that you've actually met Jim, and much to your surprise you find it in the form of the pipe one of the wannabe gangers was wielding which strangely enough has the name 'Jim' carved into the side of it. He must've really liked this particular pipe. Shrugging you order your floating companion back into the bag, and make your way out of the warehouse to try and hunt down this building him and his friends supposedly hung out in. After what you can only guess is about an hour of searching you come across the wannabe gangers supposed home with an old neon sign with its hinges screeching on the side, and a bored looking youth leaning beside the door with a drum fire nearby to ward off the slight chill of the night.  You hover at the end of the street in the shadows of the many buildings nearby, and watch the lookout for a bit, much as you suspected he remains in the same place looking just as bored as always though he does let out a yawn after about four minutes.

Figuring you aren't going to get anything else from standing back here in the corner you walk down the street revealing yourself to the youth who quickly stands up straight, and calls out,

"What do you want here? If its not important go ahead, and fuck off already."

You quickly reply, holding out the pipe to try and verify your false claims.

"Jim gave me this, I'm here with a job for y-"

You're cut off as the youth scrambles for something at his back, and yells out,

"You! What the fuck did you do to Jim!?"

Sighing you grasp the pipe firmly with one hand, and close to a range where you can actually get a hit in, but not before the youth manages to pull a stub revolver out and put a shot into you that tears through your unaugmented left shoulder. If you had anything of a face left aside from the rebreather/vox unit built into where your jaw and throat used to be you would've grimaced in pain, but aware of the mild threat the youth still holds you ignore it and bring the pipe down hard across the side of his head. Mere seconds after the impact you watch the wannabe ganger's eyes roll into the back of his head before he crumples to the ground in an unconscious heap, staring down at him you mutter aloud.

"Why did you insist on making this more difficult then it has to be?"

On that cue you here  faint sounds from inside, and quickly calculate that you have maybe a minute, maybe two before anyone in the building can get to somewhere they can see you. What do you do?

Spoiler: Magnus Kegback (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Subordinates (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Unconscious Youth (click to show/hide)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #92 on: November 13, 2014, 11:52:07 pm »

Nothing for it then.

Get the servo skull out, scoop up the revolver and kick the door in. Pipe in one hand, revolver in the other. Don't hesitate, shoot or bash everyone inside. Tell skull to fire at will.

E: I have no idea what else to do. :c
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 12:00:10 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 14, 2014, 12:02:57 am »

Nothing for it then.

Get the servo skull out, scoop up the revolver and kick the door in. Pipe in one hand, revolver in the other. Don't hesitate, shoot or bash everyone inside. Tell skull to fire at will.

-1 Let's not murder potential recruits yet.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 14, 2014, 12:04:44 am »

Nothing for it then.

We just knocked out one of there dudes who will in time know who we are. So +1 to this. but when we go inside lets aim to shatter there morale by killing anyone who looks like there boss. Once he's dead will give an ultimatum for them to work for us or die with there boss.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #95 on: November 14, 2014, 12:04:49 am »

^^+1

-1 Let's not murder potential recruits yet.
After we just knocked out the doorman and have killed three of their companions? I think they'll do more work as corpses.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 14, 2014, 01:37:33 am »

At this point we may even need to torch this place and let the bodies burn. Make it look like another gang did it and not a rouge priest.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Cultists: A Suggestion Game
« Reply #97 on: November 14, 2014, 09:20:20 pm »

Muttering to yourself you unzip your backpack, and pick up the stub revolver the youth dropped before turning to the door in front of you to take in the full effect of its graffiti covered, and slightly rotted surface. Shrugging you lash out with your foot with enough force to break the door off its probably already heavily rusted hinges, and stroll into the hallway beyond with a sheer level of determination you rarely felt outside of those rare moments you got to sit down and work on one of your creations. You spin around to the right as you hear someone pounding down the stairs, within seconds a purple haired youth wielding a pipe rounds the corner and you snap off a shot burying one round into his head, and covering the wall behind him in a stain you doubt will ever come off completely. A sudden scream behind you alerts you to the presence of a ganger on your floor of the building, and you turn just in time to dodge out of the way of the knife he tries to jam through the base of your skull, your servo-skull circles above you trying to find a place to get a shot off but the wannabe ganger proves to be to close to get a safe shot off.

With no other choice you wait for the wannabe ganger to lash out again, and you drop down under the strike to come flying back up with your pipe clutched firmly in hand, the resulting blow takes the young woman (as you can now tell since you're no longer to busy fighting for your life) across the front of her jaw. From the resulting sounds you suspect you knocked out a few teeth, and possibly fractured her jaw though that matters little as your floating companion quickly places two las-bolts through her skull before returning to scanning the surrounding area for anyone else who would wish its master harm.

You here the supposed last member running down the steps, but by the time you turn to deal with him its far to late, the Volg Spitefire in his hand barks once followed shortly by the sound of a contained explosion behind you as your servo-skull is torn apart by the makeshift bolt pistol. With a growl of anger you bring the pistol up, and fire off to rounds in rapid succession. The first takes the gang leader in the shoulder while the second impacts harmlessly on the wall leading you to dive for the somewhat solid cover of the hallway beside you just in time to see the place you occupied get scorched. Switching the stolen stub revolver to your offhand you put your back against the wall, and take a second to gather your thoughts. From what you know of the Spitfire the standard, or as standard as you can get with a gun made on a hellhole such as Volg, clip has three rounds in it leaving your opponent with only one shot left. Then again one shot is probably more than enough to take you out ...

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Magnus Kegback (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Subordinates (click to show/hide)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #98 on: November 14, 2014, 09:54:42 pm »

You can't stop me, kid. I won't ask you to give up. I'd probably just kill you anyways.

The door was kicked off it's hinges into the middle of the hall. We can use that to make things slightly less dangerous for us.

Grab the wrecked door and pull it over into cover with us. Lift it up and slide it partway into the hall, use it as cover and pop out and take a carefully aimed shot at the dude on the stairs.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 09:57:25 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 14, 2014, 10:49:23 pm »

You can't stop me, kid. I won't ask you to give up. I'd probably just kill you anyways.

The door was kicked off it's hinges into the middle of the hall. We can use that to make things slightly less dangerous for us.

Grab the wrecked door and pull it over into cover with us. Lift it up and slide it partway into the hall, use it as cover and pop out and take a carefully aimed shot at the dude on the stairs.

We are to fricking badass lol. After the fight though were going to have to repair our poor skull :(

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #100 on: November 14, 2014, 10:49:59 pm »

Skulllllll- ;-;

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 15, 2014, 08:55:42 am »

Hmm, possibly they know of your...err, mechanicus nature?
Grab a nearby object, possibly shout 'Grenade' (or whichever term for 'explosive device' exists), and throw it at their location to buy time.
...Possibly this is a free action? :3

((Excuse my lack of lore knowledge ><))

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 15, 2014, 09:08:11 am »

GM, can we get a list of augmentations and implants that we have? Like mechadentrites and stuff?
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 15, 2014, 09:37:43 am »

GM, can we get a list of augmentations and implants that we have? Like mechadentrites and stuff?
You have a vox implant (replacing part of your throat allowing you to speak in binary, and now to speak normally as well), respiratory system bionic (its sufficiently high quality and advanced enough to act as its own life support), a mind impulse unit (an implant that allows you to directly interface with machinery, connects via your spine), an optical augmentation replacing one eye (allows you to see out of it, and can be used for basic night vision), and a respiratory filter system (further built to allow you to survive in toxic and unhealthy environments such as the more common conditions of some forge worlds).

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 15, 2014, 09:42:15 am »

Try and make our voice incredibly loud and high-pitched to disoriented the ganger. Then put a bunch of holes in him.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11