Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11

Author Topic: Cultists: A Suggestion Game  (Read 16975 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cultists: A Suggestion Game
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2014, 10:22:38 am »

E - Fortress World
A - Chaos Undivided

A servant of Chaos, and the Warp as a whole you set your sights on the fortress world Haetus which sat at the cross section of numerous major warp lanes for trade in this sector meaning it was both abuzz with commerce and traffic, and heavily militarized to protect it from the numerous invasions it has fended off over the millenniums. The invasions that Haetus has experienced have been mainly Ork, and Dark Eldar in nature with the few Chaos incursions having happened long, long ago. You stand staring down at the planet as your shuttle makes its way to the ground below, the surface is covered in primarily by sprawling plains that quickly give way to dense jungles with the planet's population appearing to be heavily centered around a trio of cities spread around its surface, the only three places on the planet with vast starports you take note.  As the shuttle descend you take the time to contemplate remembering your destination and that which has brought you on this road following the glory of Chaos.

What is your name? (Note you can attempt to insert titles, but they might not stick.)

What was your past before you embraced Chaos?
A) Imperial Guardsmen - At first you believed in the Emperor, and you quickly volunteered to fight for him, but the horrors you saw fighting in his name quickly proved you wrong. Your fellow soldiers died screaming the Emperor's name, begging for his protection and were left unanswered while the foes you faced called for the Ruinous Powers, and they answered. Unlike the Emperor who ignored the pleading cries of his subjects Chaos would answer to those who sought its power, its guidance. With that realization you used the flawed system of the Munitorum to disappear placing your tags on the burnt corpse of another man to fake your death.

B) Rogue Psyker - You are a witch, hated and despised from birth for being given powers you had no say in obtaining, and yet still people hated your kind. So you hid your powers, you did your best to control them and stay hidden from the eye of the Imperium, but you couldn't resist the temptations and used your powers resulting in the deaths of several other as you summoned a daemon into the Materium momentarily. It was then you started running, and then that you began to speak to the Warp, to the things that resided in it and set yourself down this path.

C) Heretek - You were, but an acolyte of the Mechanicus when you committed the supposed heresies that made you an outcast, someone who must be killed for going against faulty teachings that a foolish religion had created. They stagnated advancement, the members of the Mechanicus seemingly despised innovation and progression so you worked in the dark. Hidden away in a workshop you'd made out in the city you began to create entirely new devices, taking apart weapons and tools to turn them into something new that had likely never been seen since the Dark Age of Technology. It was not long before your Mentors discovered what you were doing, thankfully you caught wind of this soon enough to escape the planet though much of that which you'd gathered and made you were forced to leave behind.

D) Groomed Cultist - You were, but a simple worker back on your home planet toiling away day in, and day out for a hope of a better life. Or at the very least a second meal in a day. It was there that a man came to you, he was charismatic, and a genius who opened your eyes to the truth of world, to the lies the Imperium  force feed its people and the true nature of the Ruinous Powers who were the true gods of this world with the Corpse Emperor but a mere imitation. That man raised you, groomed you to lead, and to spread the truth of Chaos so that people may no longer be blinded by the lies of the rotting Imperium. You left your home planet to continue what your mentor started, to help free the segmentum from the Imperium's grasp.

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2014, 11:29:37 am »

Rippey indigo

D
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 11:31:08 am by Generally me »

PiotraperPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy Optimist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2014, 11:33:17 am »

Magnus Kegback

Whichever but not B
^ This side up ^
I have a degree in Procrastination
Known for doing stupid grammer mistakes

MikaTheCrazy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't know why this is my avatar now
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2014, 11:36:10 am »

I'm bad with names but C gets my vote.
Okay fine, maybe I'm too lazy to find something to put here.

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
  • The damning skull motif
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2014, 11:49:31 am »

Magnus Kegback

Whichever but not B
This but with option C
All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2014, 11:54:14 am »

Magnus Kegback

Whichever but not B
This but with option C
I lack info on lore about this, but being your own weapons/armsmaster seems the best choice rather than a lost scholar, a suppressed invoker or a soldier with jaded faith. Or a cultist very much in the wrong ._.
I mean sure, the Imperium has really bad organization skills and managers, but that charismatic guy really got it the wrong way.

Translation: This.

...Kegback seems like a name for a rather stout-hearted man, figuratively or not. >.<

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2014, 01:36:45 pm »

Magnus Kegback

Whichever but not B
This but with option C
I lack info on lore about this, but being your own weapons/armsmaster seems the best choice rather than a lost scholar, a suppressed invoker or a soldier with jaded faith. Or a cultist very much in the wrong ._.
I mean sure, the Imperium has really bad organization skills and managers, but that charismatic guy really got it the wrong way.

...Kegback seems like a name for a rather stout-hearted man, figuratively or not. >.<
+1 to C
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2014, 02:04:39 pm »

C

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2014, 04:10:09 pm »

D
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2014, 04:13:04 pm »

D
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2014, 04:13:50 pm »

Magnus Kegback

Whichever but not B
This but with option C

+1 to C
+1
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

MikaTheCrazy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't know why this is my avatar now
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2014, 04:15:42 pm »

current votes stand as 3D, 5C and -1B
Okay fine, maybe I'm too lazy to find something to put here.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2014, 05:00:35 pm »

I'm going with C because being able to craft weapons sounds like infinite !FUN!

Also i believe we shall call ourselves The Rogue Scholar.

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2014, 05:29:57 pm »

Yeh but D is basically a leader so more easier turning people to our side and we could easily get a few mechanics like that

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2014, 05:44:44 pm »

PTW
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11