Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16

Author Topic: World Task Force - Turn Three Phase Two  (Read 10976 times)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: World Task Force - Turn Two Phase Two
« Reply #135 on: December 04, 2014, 05:15:20 pm »

Spoiler: RTC (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Whitewater Inc (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: AMSOU (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: E-TAG (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: FADE (click to show/hide)

Phase 2 Results
Spoiler: Australia (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Hubei, China (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Egypt (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Paris (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Novosibirsk (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Other Events (click to show/hide)

Current Technologies and Blueprints

Spoiler: Known Threats (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Spoils of War (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Funding (click to show/hide)

A quick reminder to everyone. Phase 1 is when all hiring, construction, manufacturing, research, training, repairing and anything that would take a reasonable amount of time to complete occurs. Phase 2 is when agencies send their forces across the world to resolve threats that occur, there is not enough time to do anything else.

Spoiler: GM Note (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 08:36:07 am by Kashyyk »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: World Task Force - Turn Three Phase One
« Reply #136 on: December 04, 2014, 05:50:53 pm »

Grr. Once again, I am saddened by my slow response rate. I am going to need to get a few more drop ships.

I request the Hubei Bundle 2 – Intelligence. That is what we are most interested in, the others can keep the weapons and such. Probably don't fit on tanks anyway. As the ET focusing group, we will gain the most from it, and gladly share with the rest of you.

I also request the Novosibirsk Bundle 3 – Misc, since we need all the tanky stuff. We are willing to purchase any items that we did not receive in that bundle for a rather generous price.

First, Whitewater purchases a new Dropship, to get a little faster response. The damaged tank is repaired, during repairs it is fitted with the AA cannon. We also purchase another Hanger, and enough people to actually run the drop ship. We then purchase another laboratory, as we are falling behind on our research as it is. An expensive turn this turned out to be.

While the workshop is busy adding the gun to the Tank, the two laboratories get to work. The first attempts to examine the killbot, trying to find any AI that would be good to apply to tanks. The second observes the Novatank alloy, in an attempt to improve our own armor.

Since there is only one problem that can be fixed with a bunch o' tanks, I send both drop ships with working tanks to finish the remaining Nova. This includes the AA equipped tank, those guns might not be able to do much against armor but they probably will perform better than our shotguns.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 04, 2014, 06:28:25 pm »

All in all, another good day for the badasses of AMSOU. Keep up the good work like that lads, and before we know it earth'll be safe once more!

Anyway, in regards to the spoils, from Hubei I'll claim bundle three, and from Egypt I'll take the books if everyone is fine with that. I'll edit my purchases into this post sometime soon as well.

EDIT: It seems there's a bit of a discrepancy within my expenses, they should be at 545cr per month

« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 07:37:00 pm by Taricus »
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 04, 2014, 06:45:40 pm »

I'm at work, so for now I'll take the mage if possible, and I'll write up a full report later, including the Hubei bundle I want. Good missions though.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 04, 2014, 09:39:45 pm »

I request the Novosibirsk Bundle 2 - Defence, since we need to know just what kind of armor plating we're dealing with here on these vehicles, and also to find some kind of countermeasure to their countermeasure against missiles. FADE isn't out of the fight just yet.

I'll post a more detailed action plan later. By the way, you, um... forgot to include my other small workshop, pocket workshop, and small laboratory in FADE's page, again. And am I to assume that Storm-One is miraculously back to full strength, despite being reduced to 7/10 members fighting the werewolves?

Also, I'm loving this game so far. Really interested in seeing where it goes. xD
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 11:43:20 pm by Xvareon »

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 05, 2014, 12:22:21 am »

Before my long post of stuff, let me tell you what I plan to do in Phase 2. I plan to go recruit Metalman in Detroit. I'm sending Sven (Lewis) to Tokyo to Investigate the strange occurences AND the bank heist. I'll give him a second spy to go along with. Rose (Female Spy) is going to Quebec. And you can BET YOUR LIFE I'm dealing with the shapeshifters.

Sidenote, hey Xvareon, can I have the blueprints for the Gene Sampler for the Shapeshifter? I'll trade you my DNA sampler for Vampires, unless there's something else you'd prefer.

Arthur sighs, looking over the reports. He lost a lot of good men.... And he'd make sure they were honored. So he'd hold a ceremony in honor of the fallen. He looked over his list of projects, and nodded. "I've gotta build more facilities..." First would come a containment area for the followers and the Fire Wizard... And some additional research facilities. He had a mind to get some work done on the alien tech, as well as pinpoint the swords ASAP. And another workshop to produce some better armor... He also calls up the other facilities, making arrangements to get the Fire Wizard transferred to his care for his work in Egypt, as well as the heavier armaments from the Hubei encounter. He looked over the casualties reports again, and nodded. He'd need more men. He put out some more fliers for some specialized units, pushing especially hard for a unit composed of sword users, excelling in their field. Not that they ALL had to use swords, just blades in general. He called down to the Library, and told them to put their efforts into researching the alien armor they acquired, and told the Loft to look into the swords as best they can, and to give him info on their whereabouts ASAP. Preferably with Excalibur first. Finally, he writes a letter to the head of FADE to request a piece of their tech in order to deal with the rumors of shapeshifters.

Today seems like a nice day to take a stroll, so Arthur heads to the Museum of London, with a bit more than sightseeing in mind...

Spoiler: ACTIONS (click to show/hide)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 05, 2014, 08:34:19 am »

I'm sorry Xvareon, I always seeem to mess up your turn, but not anyone elses.

And I thought you'd reinforced that squad, all fixed now though.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 05, 2014, 08:50:08 am »

And my budget discrepancy Kashyyk? It seems a little odd given how much my outfit costs between this turn and the last. Also, I have to ask about the physiology of the werewolves. Are they massively different to standard humans or do they retain mostly human physiques or the like?

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 05, 2014, 08:57:59 am »

Re. Budget: On my sheet your upkeep is 345cr/m, the additional being from the large containment and the cost to reinfirce your Squads.

On that theme, I'm considering breaking down how I show your finances further. Would it be easier for you if I seperated Income and Expenses into their constituent parts? (such as funding, upkeep, purchases, sales etc.)

Whilst Human they are pretty much indistinguishable from a normal person. Whilst transformed they are wolf shape, the height of a human but much broader, and can move either as a biped or quadruped. (Think the werewolves in Dog Soldiers or Harry Potter)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 09:01:03 am by Kashyyk »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 05, 2014, 09:01:48 am »

Yeah, that would be better actually. Would save a bit of confusion on all of that. Still leaves my previous question on the werewolves though.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 05, 2014, 09:03:38 am »

I edited that in. :P

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 05, 2014, 09:09:48 am »

Hmm.. And do they only get the benefits of being a werewolf whilst transformed?

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 05, 2014, 09:48:55 am »

You'll find out that on completion of the Live Werewolf Research :P

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 05, 2014, 10:03:51 am »

I think during turn 4, I'll build an interrogation facility. Might come in handy.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 05, 2014, 10:23:55 am »

You'll find out that on completion of the Live Werewolf Research :P
And I'm guessing that's what I'm not researching now, am I? :P
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16