Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 220

Author Topic: Russia Watch Thread/Ветка о России  (Read 258044 times)

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
Re: Russia Watch Thread/Ветка о России
« Reply #2325 on: January 18, 2015, 11:38:48 am »

Helgo, there's Google translate and you can still look at the pictures and videos.

Voentorg is a colloquial name for the Russian support of Novorossiya. Stuff like supplies, cutting edge tech and intelligence leakage.

Because OSCE is primarily a Western organisation, and Western organisations are in a propaganda war with Russia right now.

Also, Motorola's alive, apparently.
Spoiler: He himself, with Givi. (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 11:41:36 am by Knit tie »

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #2326 on: January 18, 2015, 11:39:25 am »

Oh yeah, I love that picture - depicting Israel as a pig is somewhat, ehm, dickish, though. What's Japan's skull supposed to be?

Agreed on Israel, but hey, it is generally offensive. And Japan's skull is just there to be menacing, I think.

Also, Voentorg is a place where you buy some military surplus (weapons are not among them).
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2327 on: January 18, 2015, 11:41:32 am »

No, I meant what animal is it from? Looks like a rat or a beaver or something.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2328 on: January 18, 2015, 11:42:01 am »

No, I meant what animal is it from? Looks like a rat or a beaver or something.
Some rodent, definitely.

EDIT: Hey, machine translated Cassad doesn't sound that bad, even! ВСН means Novorossiyan forces, BTW, for some reason Google didn't translate that.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 11:54:07 am by Knit tie »

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2329 on: January 18, 2015, 11:51:19 am »

One of Strelkov's recent posts ther reveal that he tried to alert the Russian leadership about the constantly worsening situation in Donbass 2 months ago, however the Russian leadership didn't even respond, indicating that they either know better or simply don't care about the fate of Novorossiya.
Maybe Putin has come to his senses and will now let the rebellion wither... One can hope, can't one?
In the grimdark present of the 21st century, there is only war.

Also, have a direct video feed of the Donbass airport area.
._.

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2330 on: January 18, 2015, 11:55:01 am »

These projectiles are much stronger than whatever hit Volnovaha was.

350 km is ballistic missile range. Do I need to show you how a ballistic missile explosion looks like?

Nope, there are MLRS systems capable of firing a wide range of munitions some of which come with a range of 300 to 350 km even. Naturally, those dont carry a lot of explosive content with them.
Okay, I googled and:
http://www.military-today.com/artillery/ws2.htm
"Maximum range of fire is 200 km, however some sources claim that it might be up to 350 km. Minimum range is 70 km."

These very-long-range systems have a really big minimum range.

Also, "Warhead weight 200 kg" is not "a lot of explosive content" for you?

Here's 200 kg of explosives in action: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F45ka7FXrjA

For information, a GRAD warhead (which can seriously damage a tank if it hits it directly) is only 20 kg in weight.

Are you finding "errors" in what people say for just the sake of it? I did not refer to any specific system. That one does have munitions that carry a lot of explosives to range, but that is not typical. My comment was relevant to the "could it have been grad or not" question(yes it could have been, or some other rocket system). Those explosions most certainly arent from ballistic missiles of any kind(referring to your comment). They'd possibly leave larger marks if they just fell down without exploding.

Grad has several different kinds of munitions, there is not one single "grad warhead". The explosions in the video don't look like 20 kg of TNT. (That is entirely subjective, referring to personal first hand experience in observing explosions of different sizes and kinds going off in dirt, sand, snow at various depths)

Maybe they are 20 kg a piece, we dont know how deep they exploded as theres always a slight delay. Depends on the exact warhead and possible detonation setting. But that kind of thinking is not something you want to apply everywhere and everything as we could just question and deny everything and then make up our own facts that have little to nothing to do with reality and just blur the scene with blatant lies like official Russia and Ukraine already do.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2331 on: January 18, 2015, 11:57:26 am »

One of Strelkov's recent posts ther reveal that he tried to alert the Russian leadership about the constantly worsening situation in Donbass 2 months ago, however the Russian leadership didn't even respond, indicating that they either know better or simply don't care about the fate of Novorossiya.
Maybe Putin has come to his senses and will now let the rebellion wither... One can hope, can't one? Destroying that bridge may have been intended to make supplying the airport more difficult - does anyone have a map with that bridge's location?
The bridge was located here. The Ukrainian attack was apparently southbound: their tanks moved from Ukrainian positions around Avdeevka on the highway near Spartak towards the city.
Also, Putin appears to be enchanted by liberal illusions stating that he can make peace with the West and expect no hostile acts from them afterwards. The problem is, the war showed the resolve of America and the EU - they won't stop at anything except total defeat of Russia and Putin. If Russia gives up Novorossiya, the US and EU will eventually strike Russia itself, assuming that Russia won't do anything against its nearest and dearest Western partners, and it will have catastrophic consequences, either for Russia or for everyone else.

It's been quite a while since Belarusians had to rebuild the whole country from scratch, anyway. :P
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 12:01:05 pm by Guardian G.I. »
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2332 on: January 18, 2015, 11:58:34 am »

"not typical" relative to what? To my knowledge, ALL long-range MLRS systems have large payloads, because otherwise they would be nearly useless due to gigantic spread on these distances.
._.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2333 on: January 18, 2015, 12:01:44 pm »

Thanks for the map.
Also, Putin appears to be enchanted by liberal illusions stating that he can make peace with the West and expect no hostile acts from them afterwards. The problem is, the war showed the resolve of America and the EU - they won't stop at nothing except total defeat of Russia and Putin. If Russia gives up Novorossiya, the US and EU will eventually strike Russia itself, believing that Russia won't do anything against its nearest and dearest Western partners, and it will have catastrophic consequences, either for Russia or for everyone else.

It's been quite a while since Belarusians had to rebuild the whole country from scratch, anyway. :P
I disagree with that analysis: It's not that the US and EU won't stop at nothing except total Russian defeat, it's that the US and EU won't stop until lasting peace, including the absence of agression in the forseeable future, is achieved. If that means total Russian defeat, we must conclude that Russia will continue its agressions and must indeed be crushed; I don't think that is true.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2334 on: January 18, 2015, 12:04:33 pm »

See, Helgo?

You and Guardian.

That's eactly the kind of discourse that starts wars.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #2335 on: January 18, 2015, 12:07:05 pm »

it's that the US and EU won't stop until lasting peace, including the absence of agression in the forseeable future, is achieved. If that means total Russian defeat, we must conclude that Russia will continue its agressions and must indeed be crushed; I don't think that is true.

Relentless peacemonger!  Why are you trying to get so many people killed?
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2336 on: January 18, 2015, 12:12:37 pm »

"not typical" relative to what? To my knowledge, ALL long-range MLRS systems have large payloads, because otherwise they would be nearly useless due to gigantic spread on these distances.

The point was that there are "short range"(or medium) rocket systems with low-payload long to very long range options.

edit: spread is no problem if the rockets have moving fins and GPS guidance systems.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2337 on: January 18, 2015, 12:15:23 pm »

it's that the US and EU won't stop until lasting peace, including the absence of agression in the forseeable future, is achieved. If that means total Russian defeat, we must conclude that Russia will continue its agressions and must indeed be crushed; I don't think that is true.

Relentless peacemonger!  Why are you trying to get so many people killed?
All those times the German empire fought the Russian empire, I bet it justified it as peacekeeping efforts as well.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #2338 on: January 18, 2015, 12:17:14 pm »

All those times that someone posted a non-sequitor.  I bet they could be classified as acts of war as well.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2339 on: January 18, 2015, 12:28:43 pm »

C'mon, maniac, Knit's got a point. There's even a bit by by Radio Eriwan that goes something like this:
Q: Will there be the third world war?
A: No, but the struggle for peace will reach such degree that there will be no stone left intact on the earth.
The Bay12 postcard club
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 220