Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 220

Author Topic: Russia Watch Thread/Ветка о России  (Read 258007 times)

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
Re: Russia Watch Thread/Ветка о России
« Reply #2340 on: January 18, 2015, 12:33:07 pm »

Also, Putin appears to be enchanted by liberal illusions stating that he can make peace with the West and expect no hostile acts from them afterwards. The problem is, the war showed the resolve of America and the EU - they won't stop at anything except total defeat of Russia and Putin. If Russia gives up Novorossiya, the US and EU will eventually strike Russia itself, assuming that Russia won't do anything against its nearest and dearest Western partners, and it will have catastrophic consequences, either for Russia or for everyone else.

It's been quite a while since Belarusians had to rebuild the whole country from scratch, anyway. :P

Ah, I was wondering why the US is invading Russia and Ukraine.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2341 on: January 18, 2015, 12:39:07 pm »

Because Russia is evil and needs to have its people pacified, obviously.

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2342 on: January 18, 2015, 01:26:33 pm »

Make love not war

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2343 on: January 18, 2015, 01:53:59 pm »

Helgoland, I am painfully aware of the paralells between Protective Edge and the Ukrainian ATO. However, the reasons I put the blame on Israel for protective Edge was not so much for shooting at civilians area, but for starting the whole conflict in the first place. By arresting all the Hamas members that had been freed as part of the precedent cease-fire agreement on flimsy excuses, they were bound to create a violent situation.

Guardian GI: I seriously don't know if you're being sarcastic or not with that comment about the USA doing anything to destroy Russia.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #2344 on: January 18, 2015, 02:07:28 pm »

C'mon, maniac, Knit's got a point. There's even a bit by by Radio Eriwan that goes something like this:
Q: Will there be the third world war?
A: No, but the struggle for peace will reach such degree that there will be no stone left intact on the earth.

The Germany of today has more then proved it is not the German Empire of a hundred years ago.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2345 on: January 18, 2015, 02:10:48 pm »

Nothing new but foreign weapons (probably american) found in ukraine possession
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bMdOtzZtnc&feature=player_detailpage#t=272

Pro russian chechens fighting in donetsk airport
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMYvEh9z0MM
Make love not war

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2346 on: January 18, 2015, 02:13:39 pm »

Hey guys, I just realized something I didn't pay attention to during my срач with Sheb: if rebels wanted to shell Volnovakha, why the hell would they do this from Donetsk, and not from much close artillery positions to the east?

Anyway, Cassad has started another update feed, all those interested in news from the Novorossiyan front should check it out.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 02:19:14 pm by Knit tie »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2347 on: January 18, 2015, 02:17:19 pm »

Well, if you look at the map you posted, there are a bunch of rebels positions at around 20km from the checkpoint, from North-north-east to east-south-east. So not from Donetsh, but from any of those points.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2348 on: January 18, 2015, 02:20:00 pm »

Just nitpicking, sorry.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2349 on: January 18, 2015, 02:21:38 pm »

Hey guys, I just realized something I didn't pay attention to during my срач with Sheb: if rebels wanted to shell Volnovakha, why the hell would they do this from Donetsk, and not from much close artillery positions to the east?

Anyway, Cassad has started another update feed, all those interested in news from the Novorossiyan front should check it out.
I think you should link them for once: http://colonelcassad.livejournal.com/1993668.html
It's all in Russian, obviously, but pictures and videos don't require much knowledge of Russian. As this is a Novorossiyan source, watch out for possible propaganda and disinformation.
Same thing applies to all Ukrainian sources writing about the war.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2350 on: January 18, 2015, 02:28:40 pm »

Sorry, I am on my phone, linking is stupidly hard.

EDIT: Remember whe I said that I couldn't find any Ukrainian maps of the battlefield? I was wrong and searched for the wrong term, I should've used "ATO" instead of "war."

But look what I've found:
Looks like there weren't a lot of rebel positions to the north-north-east of Volnovakha that day. Not decisive evidence, of course, but still.

EDITEDIT: And here's the Ukrainian battlefront map on the 17th of January.
Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
Suddenly, Новотроицкое, Докучаевск and Еленовка appeared on the map, the towns, out of which, Ukrainian sources claim, Volnovakha was shot at.

I think I am reading way too much into it, though.

TRIPLEEDIT:
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 03:42:42 pm by Knit tie »

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2351 on: January 18, 2015, 05:19:44 pm »

Ukraine have huge problems at Peski, they got in the ambush, lot of dead and wounded.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtL6Ihyjme4

Ukraine tanks (i think two, the third one escaped) where under the bridge when it blowed up, and video shows it closely unlike the other one I posted
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5S5R_vdZg4
Make love not war

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2352 on: January 18, 2015, 06:43:44 pm »

C'mon, maniac, Knit's got a point. There's even a bit by by Radio Eriwan that goes something like this:
Q: Will there be the third world war?
A: No, but the struggle for peace will reach such degree that there will be no stone left intact on the earth.

The Germany of today has more then proved it is not the German Empire of a hundred years ago.
We're still the same people though. The national character doesn't change because of a few dead Jews: Even today, there are few forces in the universe more terrifying than a German who thinks he's got the moral high ground.
And don't forget that although we're working on it, there still are parts of Europe that are not Germany.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2353 on: January 18, 2015, 07:03:20 pm »

Spoiler: Relevant (click to show/hide)

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2354 on: January 18, 2015, 07:11:25 pm »

That captures the current feeling around here fairly accurately. Nobody even dares to talk about German leadership, so we just close our eyes and hope that France or England (or Poland maybe, or anyone else) will take the lead soon. In TVTropes terms: Germany sees itself as the Lancer, not as the Hero.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 220