Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 220

Author Topic: Russia Watch Thread/Ветка о России  (Read 258271 times)

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Re: Russia Watch Thread/Ветка о России
« Reply #2175 on: January 16, 2015, 04:22:15 am »

Well, Iraq? Afghanistan? It's not like the US track record of not invading countries of more-or-lee flimsy excuse is great over the past decade.

Anyone with half a brain knows that the US isn't perfect.  But the point wasn't that the US was perfect.  The point was that the US is the same as Russia.  Again and again people just go through this same motion.  The US isn't perfect therefore what the US is doing is the same thing as Russia.  It's fallacious and illogical and then people get all high and mighty and just repeat the same tired, stupid point.

You think that people who claim that American cowboy diplomacy is evil would realize the utter hypocrisy of reducing all shades of gray to black and white and then calling people evil.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2176 on: January 16, 2015, 05:15:26 am »

Perhaps it is a russian ceasefire >_>
Before you know it Knit Tie is gonna be pumping tanks out of tractor factories.
Like this?

So THAT's why Guardian G.I. is so protective of Belarusian tractor factories. They form a cornerstone of Belarus's defence strategy.
Tractor factories in the USSR often produced normal tanks - Kharkov Tractor Factory was one of the main producers of Soviet MBTs. MTZ was always a purely civilian factory, if I'm not mistaken.
Also, fun fact: tractors are not the only things produced by Belarusian industry - for example, transport erector launchers for this and this are produced in Belarus by MZKT Volat. However, the scale and the extent of totalitarian oppression is even greater: we produce numerous kinds of these, these, these, these and even these vehicles. The horror.

If those industries were privatised and bought off by foreign companies, the Western Euro-Nazi colonists could just steamroller over the country and force them to have freedom of speech and speak Belarusian and marry gay people, or whatever we're planning.
Similarly, in case of war, as soon as Putin gives the order, all these tractors will transform into these machines, rush across the river Bug, like the Soviet hordes during their aggression against Germany and Ukraine in 1944-45, and oppress you for eternity. And after that your plan to dismember Russia without the consent of people living there and remove all Russian colonizers from the premises like Chechen nationalists did before the first war will never be realized.  :-[
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 05:24:28 am by Guardian G.I. »
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2177 on: January 16, 2015, 05:16:39 am »

everyone is evil

except tiruin

but talking about her when she's not involved in this thread is pretty rude

can we call this one closed now

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #2178 on: January 16, 2015, 05:23:31 am »

The horror.

American right wing politicians would have us believe that public transportation is an excuse to brainwash people into collectivism.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2179 on: January 16, 2015, 06:03:18 am »

I am still waiting to see that interview transcript FearfulJesuit talked about.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2180 on: January 16, 2015, 06:13:44 am »

I think this is the interview he was talking about.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2181 on: January 16, 2015, 06:29:11 am »

I think this is the interview he was talking about.
I see.

Well, to comment on that, he doesn't appear to actually say that the CIA was behind that particular incident at Charlie Hebdo, rather, he argues that CIA has a history of supporting wahhabism in general as a geopolitical tool.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
._.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2183 on: January 16, 2015, 07:03:01 am »

Anyway, I've watched that movie, "Leviathan," recently, and like to know what others here think about it.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2184 on: January 16, 2015, 07:25:33 am »

Well I don't watch movies since like 7 years ago
._.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2185 on: January 16, 2015, 07:59:54 am »

Read the wiki article, sounds good - I'll put it on my list.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2186 on: January 16, 2015, 09:11:35 am »

Read the wiki article, sounds good - I'll put it on my list.
From what I've read, it appears to belong to the category of films that is sometimes called "чернуха" in Russian - films which are generally created by Russian liberals mainly for the Western public with plots about the horrors of living in barbaric, uncivilized Russia. A lot of such films were shot over the past 20-25 years. Leviathan isn't an unusual film.
and that is terrible
Sigtext

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #2187 on: January 16, 2015, 09:13:00 am »

Sorry for the lateness- I had a lot of work last night. The interview was with a certain Aleksandr Ivanovich Zhilin, who was a figure at some sort of Russian think-tank. To wit:

Quote from: Interview
Такую версию выдвиграет руководитель Центра изучения общественных прикладных проблем, полковник запаса Александр (Иванович) Жилин:
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 09:16:23 am by FearfulJesuit »

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2188 on: January 16, 2015, 09:28:17 am »

from his blog:

"Alexander Zhilin. Political analyst and journalist. ... there are no authorities in the government for me."

I can't imagine that person to have any measurable influence on the government (or anyone sane, really, the contents of his blog are... highly questionable). He's indeed distinguished by his stupidity, crazy conspiracy theories included.

edit: I'm surprised that Graham Philips is still working in Ukraine. He's positively crazy (in the good sense of that word).

edit2: when people start renewing maps, it's a sign for future major changes in the frontline.

edit3: So this is why the pro-Russian artillery were able to counter Ukrainian artillery.. (stats for that thing here. It's pretty impressive, what with not only being able to detect mortal immortal mortar (sic) shells firing, but also pinpoint the location of tanks simply moving up to 20 km away.)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 11:15:44 am by Sergarr »
._.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2189 on: January 16, 2015, 11:02:52 am »

I think you mean mortar, not mortal, heh. Just pointing out the silly typo.
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 220