Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19

Author Topic: Wight [ISG/TSG]  (Read 18490 times)

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Wight [ISG/TSG]
« on: November 02, 2014, 09:33:27 pm »

Wight
A Tale of Cruelty, Violence and Song

You are a wight.  Up until very recently, you were the complete and total slave of your master, the wight that created you.  Who you were before you died, you do not know, remember or care - the tattered rags of clothes you wear give little identity to that person.  After you were drained of all life, your master brought you into being under his complete control.  You were a blank slate, but while the link between slave and master is not telepathic as such, your creator imparted certain basic information to your new mind as he made you.  Language.  Concepts.  Vital survival information - the identity of holy men that would destroy you, of holy knights and paladins, to fear the weakening caused by daylight.

You were a complete slave to him.  Any order he gave, you obeyed.  Whatever thoughts you might have, however you might have hated him, the magic that gave you life forced your compulsion.  For months you served him, sneaking out at night with the other servile wights, draining just enough life from wayward victims and livestock to render them unconscious, then bringing them back for your master to feast upon the lion's share.  Very rarely did he bring one back as a wight - he had slaves enough for his purpose.

Today, you are free.  You felt his grip over your mind break, suddenly and without warning.  You were standing in one of the distant wings of the catacombs that you and your pack had taken up residence in, waiting (amidst unending boredom) for the sun to set and hunting time to begin.  Then suddenly you were free.

This can only mean one thing.  Your master has been killed, almost certainly by outsiders.  What will you do?

Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Spells/Powers (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 02:51:06 am by Iituem »
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
Re: Wight [ISG]
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2014, 09:39:16 pm »

I love it.

Search the holes in the walls.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2014, 09:39:41 pm »

Find the others, but carefully. We would do well to ally with our recently-liberated brethren, but whatever slew our master is most likely more than a match for us. We'll need to avoid being detected at all costs.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2014, 10:05:37 pm »

Whatever we do, do it carefully.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2014, 10:16:20 pm »

Find the others, but carefully. We would do well to ally with our recently-liberated brethren, but whatever slew our master is most likely more than a match for us. We'll need to avoid being detected at all costs.
+1
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2014, 10:40:14 pm »

feast on any catchable creatures nearby to restore health. Avoid any particularly dangerous ones.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2014, 04:27:17 am »

+1
+1
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Ambidextrous

• Bay Watcher
  • Actually no, not really.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2014, 04:41:17 am »

+1
+1
+1

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2014, 04:41:37 am »

+1
+1
Yes
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2014, 08:50:05 am »

Search the holes in the walls.
feast on any catchable creatures nearby to restore health. Avoid any particularly dangerous ones.

You are pretty certain that anything of value in these crypts has been taken to the master's hoard by now.  It's also pretty unlikely to find any rats or the like.  Since your master has first call on any large creatures or people to drain, you and your brothers fought pretty hard for anything that fell beneath your master's interest.  Still, you might as well check.

Huh.  A couple of ancient pennies, of the type put on one's eyelids after death.  That's about it, though.  No rats.

Yeah, nothing of interest here.

You sneak through the corridors of the catacombs.  You had never really been allowed to wonder up to this point why this place exists.  You suppose that the dead who aren't up and about need to be stored somewhere.  Mostly your master just tossed any spent corpses into a corner.  You check through the side corridors of the catacombs, then risk a foray near the master's chambers - the big one with the nice carved stone beds.

Ah.  Well, there's the master.  And the master's treasure hoard.  And several piles of dust that you strongly suspect used to be your brothers.  And three adventurers, busy looting the hoard.  Oh, and from your hiding position behind this archway you can see one of your sisters hiding behind another archway on the opposite side of the room.

Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Spells/Powers (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2014, 10:11:44 am »

Drain life from the closet person, then throw a coin at one of them
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2014, 10:20:29 am »

If they killed our master they are clearly far too powerful for us. Hide nearby and try to overhear them talking. Maybe if they are good instead of just greedy they can help you. If you want help. If you still have some type of morals. At the least you might be able to get at least some useful information.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2014, 10:23:07 am »

> Sneak away, towards the surface
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Generally me