Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Interest Check-Game of Thrones RPG (OOC Thread)  (Read 8323 times)

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
Re: Interest Check-Game of Thrones RPG (Pre-sign up, brainstorming)
« Reply #45 on: November 03, 2014, 06:00:43 pm »

I never said anything about using it.  I just want to know how to perform magic just in-case I want/need to use it later.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 03, 2014, 06:08:24 pm »

I never said anything about using it.  I just want to know how to perform magic just in-case I want/need to use it later.

Yeah, I think you're missing the point...

I suppose this is one of things you really can't understand unless you've read the book. If you don't take it with enough gravity, you undermine the whole thing....sigh. I was worried about this. Like I said, you don't have to have a lore compendium, but if you're not into the setting, how much fun can you really have?
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 03, 2014, 06:10:44 pm »

Well I guess I won't use magic then. So any other things I shouldn't do? No I get the point magic really really bad you really don't want to use it. So I won't.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 03, 2014, 06:14:05 pm »

Um... don't fuck around with any of the main characters. They have an impressive ability to survive. Or a direwolf. Or both.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 03, 2014, 06:16:53 pm »

OK. So I guess since I now know not to mess with magic and main characters want to plan out our characters a bit or something?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 03, 2014, 06:21:14 pm »

Well I guess I won't use magic then. So any other things I shouldn't do? No I get the point magic really really bad you really don't want to use it. So I won't.

You know the game hasn't even started yet. You know, I haven't even selected you, to play the game? :)

Dump the passive aggressive attitude, okay? You can't really win any arguments here you might start. That's all I'm saying, and bothering to warn you about.

Try to work within the framework of the setting we're making. If you had any knowledge of AGOT, you'd know Stannis has "magic", though not at his command, and at a price. There's ways to get power but it doesn't come without cost, and there's no "just in case" about it.

If you want a game with more accessible magic, uh, there's like a dozen D&D 3.5 games on the forums right now. Pick one.

Um... don't fuck around with any of the main characters. They have an impressive ability to survive. Or a direwolf. Or both.

As for this, well, of course the main characters will be OP. :P But, they'll be mortal. If we intend to do the whole alternate history thing, they have to be.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 03, 2014, 06:23:24 pm »

Sorry.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 03, 2014, 06:27:23 pm »

Sorry.

No problem. I'm just trying to help you realize what I understand as a slippery concept. It's mostly Greek to me, as well, and 90% Guesswork.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 03, 2014, 06:30:03 pm »

So what do we discuss now?

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 03, 2014, 06:31:25 pm »

How much we hate the Lanisters?

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 03, 2014, 06:33:27 pm »

OK? I don't really have any other ideas so yeah.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 03, 2014, 06:34:10 pm »

How much we hate the Lannisters?

Fixed that for you!

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 03, 2014, 06:35:39 pm »

How much we hate the Lannisters?

Fixed that for you!

If hated them less I might even have cared.
 :P

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 03, 2014, 06:37:14 pm »

So why do you hate them?

They're very prudent repaying loans, after all.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 03, 2014, 06:41:41 pm »

They're pricks. And they killed the king. He was one of my favorite characters. Also Ned.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6