Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 148

Author Topic: Trivial findings  (Read 457686 times)

basedbeans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Trivial findings
« Reply #1800 on: April 03, 2020, 12:05:20 pm »

Her thoughts conclude "She is getting used to tragedy". Don't think I've noticed that before either.

I noticed that for the first time in one of my dwarves recently. I wonder if it's new.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1801 on: April 03, 2020, 03:52:09 pm »

Her thoughts conclude "She is getting used to tragedy". Don't think I've noticed that before either.

I noticed that for the first time in one of my dwarves recently. I wonder if it's new.
Pretty sure it's at least been since the tavern release.
If she has enough trauma, it will instead say that she doesn't care about anything anymore.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

HungThir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1802 on: April 03, 2020, 07:40:32 pm »

i still haven't played fortress mode in 0.47, but i've definitely seen that before, so it's been around since at least 0.44.12.  and i'm pretty sure i saw it a lot during the earlier 0.44 releases when stress management was really bad

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1803 on: April 14, 2020, 03:03:06 am »

If you dig under a tree, the tile becomes above ground. Then a sapling may grow there.
But wait, if you cut down the tree, the sapling suddenly turns into a mushroom tree sapling.

Tinnucorch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1804 on: April 14, 2020, 05:10:59 am »

Kobolds can become kings of dwarven civs, and, apparently, also necromancers.

Trying to generate a world with a long history and kobolds still around I made their civs much more prevalent than others. So after 1050 there was about 3000 kobolds alive. Checking legends I saw that one dwarf civ got two kobold kings, one after the other, and that the second one, after ten years of ruling became a necromancer, leaving his position as king. But that is no the end of the story, because after dying he was raised again (or maybe was victim to a experiment, i'm not sure) as a "Doren's eye".

And I was doubting they could even became members of other civs.

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
« Reply #1805 on: April 14, 2020, 06:23:19 am »

I've found a kobold who is part of a merchant company in one of the human towns and made themselves a profit with trading... I think it was beds. But yeah, kobolds can become part of civs, that's how you occasionally end up with the kobold option in adventurer mode. (Though, a part of me suspects that there aren't enough checks for whether they can speak during worldgen).
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #1806 on: April 25, 2020, 12:57:13 pm »

A new mother who gives birth while collecting materials for a strange mood will not pick up her newborn child.

Now I have a baby crawling around on the surface, near a stream.  What should I do?

Edit: things worked out.  I tried to build a wall around the baby, but she was moving too fast.  Then I tried to wall off the stream, but again, she moved too fast.

She somehow managed to crawl across a bridge without falling off, visited the upper dining room, and then crawled back out onto the surface toward the stream.

She almost managed to drown herself, but the mother completed her artifact and retrieved her infant.  Close call, but all is well.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2020, 01:07:37 pm by 0x517A5D »

HungThir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1807 on: April 25, 2020, 07:02:45 pm »

... do i need to wonder what will happen if a mother gives birth while looking for materials for a fell mood, or is that obvious suddenly?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1808 on: April 25, 2020, 07:13:20 pm »

... do i need to wonder what will happen if a mother gives birth while looking for materials for a fell mood, or is that obvious suddenly?
I’m thinking she might use the baby, but maybe babies are smaller and she would need more material and look for a larger dwarf for the required materials

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: April 25, 2020, 07:34:53 pm »

I'm not sure whether fell moods choose their victim as soon as they claim a workshop, or if the victim can change while the fell mood dwarf is moving. I DO remember an old quote in which a mother made a pickaxe out of her one month old baby, so it can happen.

muldrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: April 26, 2020, 01:33:33 am »

I'm not sure whether fell moods choose their victim as soon as they claim a workshop, or if the victim can change while the fell mood dwarf is moving. I DO remember an old quote in which a mother made a pickaxe out of her one month old baby, so it can happen.

The wiki says they take over a butcher's or tanner's workshop and then immediately murder the nearest dwarf (including ghosts).  Whether that is true, or includes babies, including the dwarf's own babies, I do not know.

Schmaven

• Bay Watcher
  • Abiding
    • View Profile
« Reply #1811 on: April 26, 2020, 07:32:27 am »

When that happens, you pretty much have to use that pickaxe to dig too deep.

muldrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: May 05, 2020, 09:03:35 pm »

You know how fluid pressure doesn't get transmitted through a diagonal opening?

It doesn't work if the diagonal opening is at the top.  Whoops.  Sorry Urist McDrowningdwarf.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1813 on: May 06, 2020, 02:49:46 pm »

You know how fluid pressure doesn't get transmitted through a diagonal opening?

It doesn't work if the diagonal opening is at the top.  Whoops.  Sorry Urist McDrowningdwarf.

Well it actually does, but the drop afterwards re-pressurizes the water.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
  • It's all for the betterment of Dwarfkind - honest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: May 06, 2020, 03:20:05 pm »

I already wrote about this in another thread, but I am currently following the tale of a necromancer citizen who reanimated her wife after seeing her killed in front of him.

The wife is now one of the intelligent undead, unable to feel but apparently able to form relationships. Their marriage ended when the wife died and their mutual relationship was reset to "Friend" status, and I'm now trying to see if they remarry after some quality time in a honeymoon suite. At the moment both seem to hover in a weird inbetween state where they have thoughts about talking with their spouse and their friend, at the same time.

After a month their status has advanced from "Friend" to "Kindred spirit" but they haven't become lovers yet. I'll wait for a while to see if they manage to have any children despite their understandably very confusing relationship situation.
Kasmko Taldequihu, Human Criminal corrupted zombie is visiting.
Mong Todsporro, Human Criminal death zombie is visiting.

Uhhh... welcome?
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 148