Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 24

Author Topic: ChronoMouse  (Read 15677 times)

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
Re: ChronoMouse
« Reply #75 on: November 02, 2014, 05:01:12 pm »

[13] Theyre a bit too sturdy for you, and despite your best efforts remain firmly planted in the ground. Suddenly you hear a crackle in the air and a man in a lab coat teleports in next to you. How could you have not noticed? "Jenkins," he says, "You have to listen to me. Your life is in danger."
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 02, 2014, 06:04:47 pm »

You're....you're not Nale...
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 02, 2014, 07:12:55 pm »

"No, though I wouldn't be surprised if he was here. Now listen to me. Most of the people you know; Nale, your lead scientist, his underlings, and even some agents of the government all want you dead. Heck, even the places you'll be going to will have some people who'll want you dead. You know why? The ChronoMouse. Once you put it on, its impossible to take off unless you die. And if you don't get out of here, that's what will happen." He pauses for a second. "You want to know why they all want it so much? Ill tell you. Us scientists never told you or Nale, but up until the ChronoMouse, none of the prototypes could ACTUALLY travel through time. That night we finished it, everyone wanted it. I guess its a good thing you got it first." He sighs, exhausted after his monologue. "Here," he says, "take it," and hands you his device. "You've started the update, I see. Good. The first one should allow it to attach to exterior devices. After it finishes, attach this. It should decrease the cool down significantly." He them proceeds to punch in commands on his device. "And remember," he says, "don't stop. Ever." Then, before you can even look closely at his device, he presses a button, and disappears, leaving you alone, his device still on your open palm.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 09:42:37 pm by Tomasque »
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 02, 2014, 08:13:44 pm »

Check to see if the update is complete

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 02, 2014, 09:47:30 pm »

((Thanks for pointing that out so.. humbly. Typo corrected.))

You look down at the ChronoMouse's readout and see that the words "Ready at next jump" are still there. You also glance at the dimension travel cooldown and notice that you still have 23 minutes remaining. Damn.
Money!

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 02, 2014, 10:10:38 pm »

Keep on exploring then

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 02, 2014, 10:16:17 pm »

You delve once again into the forest, and after much walking, [66] soon come across a very strange sight. The trees have all been twisted into houses and huts. You notice there are also more of the forest folk inside these homes, waiting for you to pass.
Money!

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 02, 2014, 10:44:59 pm »

Try to communicate with one of the tree beings. Does the ChronoMouse have a translator for me?

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 02, 2014, 10:58:14 pm »

Umm, how? What will you say?
Money!

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 02, 2014, 11:25:42 pm »

I come in peace! I want to understand and learn where I am!

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 03, 2014, 12:01:26 am »

You call out to the forest folk around you, [99] and to your surprise they start to leave their hits and walk toward you in awe. They look at you, studying you more then you them, and at last one of them steps forward and says, "Welcome, stranger, why are you here?" You notice that the ChronoMouse's usual buzzing when translating has quieted to a soft hum.
Money!

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 03, 2014, 12:10:45 am »

I stumbled upon this village by accident and I'm trying to get a sense of where I am

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 03, 2014, 09:24:29 am »

"You are in the Forest of the Kind. All of us here have renounced the ways of the outside world and moved here to live in peace. This is our only refuge against the outside world.  Where are you from, stranger?"
Money!

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 03, 2014, 10:47:54 am »

I come from a faraway place known as Earth. Why would you need refuge from the outside world? Did something happen?

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 03, 2014, 06:55:09 pm »

"Earth, never heard of it. As for your question, its... complicated. We chose to leave because we did not agree with their ideas." Suddenly a hiss fills the air - like two pieces of sandpaper being rubbed together - growing louder with every passing moment.
Money!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 24