Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 101

Author Topic: KYOSN: Now with Archived QuickTopic links!  (Read 259388 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
Re: KYOSN: Day 2 (14/15) (1 replacement) - Royalty has Arrived!
« Reply #810 on: November 21, 2014, 12:36:09 am »

4maskwolf:
In fact, you have three real votes that you haven't used- any explanation for your votes not being worth nothing compared to the kings? Any explanation for you being unwilling to use them to secure the lynch as the majority wishes it, instead of threatening to kill SBC instead?
They're visible in the start of day votecount, so they can be used (mine wasn't, for example).
BLUH I KEEP MISSING OLD QUESTIONS!

That's what I get for posting tired...

The reason they can be used is one of the nifty abilities that lever gave me.  Basically, nothing can stop my vote from counting.  However, SBC, as king, was declared by TolyK to have a vote worth more than the combined votes of the three people who could still vote.  Granted, that was, IIRC, AFTER I actioned SBC, but one can never be too careful in a bastard mod game.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: November 21, 2014, 12:40:35 am »

His vote is worth a LOT, that is, it has a lot of weight.
That is, his vote is worth quite a bit more than the sum of the others' votes.

TolyK: Are 4maskwolf, Shakerag, and Zombie Urist included in 'the others'?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: November 21, 2014, 12:45:39 am »

However, SBC, as king, was declared by TolyK to have a vote worth more than the combined votes of the three people who could still vote.

Where'd he say this?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: November 21, 2014, 12:57:15 am »

TolyK: How does the king work?
Well.

When the decision is made, the day's lynch mechanics are invoked.
In this case, it means that the hammerer gets to decide which hammer to use.
right here.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: November 21, 2014, 12:57:55 am »

EBWOP: A little bit of searching using the search feature can do a lot of good, Toaster.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: November 21, 2014, 01:09:19 am »

TolyK: Are 4maskwolf, Shakerag, and Zombie Urist included in 'the others'?
Given an indefinite set of elements from a larger set....
tl;dr: Yes. Unless something else happens, obviously.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: November 21, 2014, 01:27:48 am »

In that case- 4maskwolf, why are you so timid as to suggest only voting in blue when your votes mean nothing and it'd be an easy way to show it to SBC on the votecount?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: November 21, 2014, 01:30:24 am »

In that case- 4maskwolf, why are you so timid as to suggest only voting in blue when your votes mean nothing and it'd be an easy way to show it to SBC on the votecount?
I'm suggesting for those people who can't, and because since my vote is worthless anyway there's no point in casting it. All casting my vote can possibly accomplish is getting me blown up by a bomb or hit with some other nasty effect on a lynch, and that furthers my wincon not at all.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: November 21, 2014, 01:40:20 am »

Jim: What information do you expect to gain from Mastahcheese's death if he's scum, third party, or town?

If he's town or third party then we learn nothing by his lynch. If he's scum then the people who awkwardly defended him (i.e. Superblackcat) become more suspicious. The people who changed their mind about mastahcheese also come under suspicion.

So Jim is the supreme ruler of everything.

Gosh this game is a gold mine for quotes for my ego.

If someone can get him Jim's role that lets him win we can get rid of him that way.

As a point of correction Shakerag holds the role now. And with his collection of anti-death passives he might even be able to survive handing it to Cheeetar.

MastahCheese: I'd actually prefer a vote for TDS as opposed to you, because his low bother attack of you is more scummy than your shit play. But You still give off a pretty strong 'scum' vibe. It's just too strong for me to really want to vote you I guess.

The fuck is this.

mastahcheese comes off as too scummy to vote?

The hell, dude.

That confident in being able to achieve your wincon without working with everyone else?

Maybe you missed the part where I inspected flabort because I was interested in his 'how everybody wins' passive.

I would go along with an everybody wins plan if there was more information about how to go about doing that. In the absence of that sort of information I decide to play to my stated wincon.

I've posted pretty much everything I know up to this point minus what I am mod-prohibited from posting, which I can at least say does not modify or invalidate the information that I have already given.

Could this mod-prohibited information be discovered through role inspection?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: November 21, 2014, 01:58:27 am »

Jim: What information do you expect to gain from Mastahcheese's death if he's scum, third party, or town?

If he's town or third party then we learn nothing by his lynch. If he's scum then the people who awkwardly defended him (i.e. Superblackcat) become more suspicious. The people who changed their mind about mastahcheese also come under suspicion.

This is what I'm worried about. Lynching him is such a foregone conclusion, with everybody voting for him having perfectly valid reasons for doing so, that I'm afraid Mastahcheese has just played very badly- scum or town both can do that. I believe we'd gain more information from an SBC lynch, and SBC is equally a very scummy player, it's just we can't do that now because of 4maskwolf's actions.
I've played some mafia.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: November 21, 2014, 10:24:50 am »

Shakerag: I am willing to claim the roles I had at the start of the game, and have no mod-related restrictions on what I can say:

Role 1: The Shakerag, the Shakerag, and a few handfuls of Shakerag more
Wincon: Town
(N) Duel [target 1, target 2]: Kill target one, protect target two
(A) Three films: I have three lives
(A) Three characters: I have three votes, each of which may be used individually

Role 2: Registered Observer
Wincon: none
(A) Registered: This gives me access to the registered voter chat
(D) Vote Observer [t/self]: I determine how many votes the target has.  Used on Persus D1: 1 vote.
(N) Action Observer [t/self]: Determine who the target actions that night.

Cheeetar: You are once again blaming me for the whole king thing without any proof that I was in any way involved.  As I have said repeatedly, I am trying to fix the problem regardless of what goes on, and if the majority wants to lynch SBC Jim can just kill him, can he not?

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: November 21, 2014, 10:35:34 am »

Jim Groovester:
Could this mod-prohibited information be discovered through role inspection?
Not directly, no.  Although I think it could be inferred. 

PFP

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: November 21, 2014, 10:49:00 am »

and if the majority wants to lynch SBC Jim can just kill him, can he not?
No! The hammerer can only decide what to do with the current hammer target.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: November 21, 2014, 10:53:23 am »

Jim:  If you can rolecop him, why not do so?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: November 21, 2014, 01:06:00 pm »

Toaster:
Jim:  If you can rolecop him, why not do so?
I don't think it would be the best use of his power.  I don't think anyone would gain anything from the information.  It's more ... something of amusement to the mod that he wants to not be revealed until post-game. 

If Jim is insistent upon inspecting me, and that would get him on board the let everyone win train, then I suppose he can.  But he'll have to let me know first so he can be able to target me.

To wit:  Shakerag
Votecount, please.

4maskwolf:  Thank you.  Sadly, I don't see anything there that obviously seems like it would help everyone fulfill his or her wincon together, but it is another piece of the puzzle that has now been revealed.

mastahcheese:
Mastahcheese: I'm sending you a role, too.
Did you ever get that role?
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 101