Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: The Maze of torture (OOC)  (Read 2938 times)

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
The Maze of torture (OOC)
« on: October 26, 2014, 01:43:41 pm »

Plot: You wake up in a dungeon, shackles tied to your wrists and to your feet, you don't remember what happened , you are just tied, defenceless. It is just one dungeon jail cell and before you is an endless wall of a maze...where exactly are you? A man with beautiful golden plated iron armor comes over, two swords sheathed at his side and a laurel upon his head. "Finally caught ya now did, I?" said the man. He would talk in a weird accent *Australian* but be perfectly understandable. From here the dungeon cell gate opens and the man goes over to get rid of your shackles, before you would be an endless maze...but who are you...why are you here? It is a maze...a maze of torture...the one catch? There is a way out....

Rules:
Do not Godmode
Do not Metagame
Do not Powerplay
The GM's word is law, every action counts!
Every action has a consequence, you can do whatever you feel like.
Death is permanent don't whine if you died. [Though there are ways around death; Necromancers,etc]
GM's are in charge of storyline and what you find, DO NOT SPAWN ANYTHING IN YOURSELF [Except monsters and a chest once in a while]
There will be rolling of dice
Have Fun! :D

Character Application:

Name: (Self-Explanatory)
Age: (In the first RP try to be at least 21 years of age)
Race: (Self-Explanatory)
Class: (A list of classes will be below this)
Skills: (Self-Explanatory people may choose these, you may have up to five)
Weapons: (You start with no weapons, there are weapons hidden in the maze which you will find, and I spawn in)
Spells: (All people with mana start completely drained with a powerful magic later explain in the RP, you must practice certain spells according to your class to re-gain your mana, certain manipulations may be requested for Off-Topic)
History: (This may be roleplayed out, such as GMMC's who have to roleplay it out for suspense!)
Appearance: (An Image/link to image may be given or describe your character..)
---------------------------
E.G

Name: Aragorn
Race: Human
Class: Ranger
Skills: Expert Swordsmanship, A Leader
Weapons: None
Spells/Manipulation: None
Appearance: Google Him.
---------------------
Example of Classes:

Ranger: (Agile on their feet, they have great accuracy with the bow and fair well in close-combat as well, they are trackers)
Warrior: (Strong in Melee combat and are proficient with bladed weapons, and maces, they have little to no mana)
Barbarian: (Like Warriors but much more stronger, they use two-handed weapons,axes,and all that heavy weaponry, they are basically tanks)
Assassin: (Very Agile, also able to parkour to get around, have special mana to allow them to become invisible, and to not be heard or seen, as well as hiding in a literal shadow, they may be associated with Umbrakinesis. They also fair very well in Melee combat)
Burgular: (An Agile class, though the weakest in combat he can disable traps and pick locks, they have little to no mana)
Mage: (A person very weak in physical means in combat but very powerful with their magicks, they have lots of mana)
Battlemage: A special type of mage whom as well as knowing the magical arts can also fair well in melee combat, though not as good as a warrior, or an assassin, he can hold his ground with a sword.

Any others are allowed! Just give a description!

Have Fun Guys!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 03:51:43 pm by tntey »
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
Re: The Maze of torture (OOC)
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2014, 02:02:48 pm »

Name: Deathdestruction
Race: Dark gnome
Class: Muscle Wizard (Stores spells in his muscles and fists, cannot cast normally, and uses strength instead of intelligence.)
Skills: Pain resistance, Thick Fisted.
Weapons:
Spells:
Mighty Flex (Stores any learned spell in his muscles, which is released when he Strikes a pose)
History: Long tormented by his brethren for his inability to learn powerful magic, he turned to his anger for guidance, eventually learning to channel the arcane arts though violence rather than words, he since started the school of Muscle mastery, and while it is a fledgling school, he is very proud of it's few accomplishments.
Appearance:
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Forrest

• Bay Watcher
  • The doctor is in.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2014, 02:15:12 pm »

Name: Karthax
Race: Kobold
Class: Burglar
Skills: [Dexterous] [Fast] [Skilled with Small Blades]
Weapons:
Spells:
History: Karthax was but a petty kobold thief, making his living pillaging forts of rock crafts and gems. He was not the best at his trade, nor the worst, an all around average kobold. He does display an enthusiasm for killing, rare among kobolds.
Appearance:

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2014, 02:17:39 pm »

Accepted, accepted!
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2014, 02:19:12 pm »

Postin' to keep up with this thread and the game,
Not to participate because of previously mentioned reasons.

Words.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Take a closer look at this text!

Forrest

• Bay Watcher
  • The doctor is in.
    • View Profile
Re: The Maze of torture (OOC) [2/5]
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2014, 02:33:04 pm »

Yeeeaaah, not a stranger to RP, first started over on the Cataclysm DDA forums (another awesome roguelike), but the RP there kinda died.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2014, 02:36:26 pm »

Well let me formally welcome to you the wonderful world of Bay12, where there are like a million RP's and every single one of them are run by procrastinators and madmen.

Forrest

• Bay Watcher
  • The doctor is in.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2014, 02:37:21 pm »

*Long emotional sniff*
SOUNDS LIKE HOME.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2014, 02:38:36 pm »

*Cries* Reminds me of my original forum *sobs*

:'(

Forrest

• Bay Watcher
  • The doctor is in.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2014, 02:39:24 pm »

It's okay, tnt. *Cries as well.* We've all been there  :'(

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2014, 02:39:38 pm »

I kind of meant new challenger as in has not previously posted in the FG&RP section on Bay12.  :P
Not in a "totally new to this stuff" way.

Edit:
God I type slowly.
Take a closer look at this text!

Forrest

• Bay Watcher
  • The doctor is in.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2014, 02:42:39 pm »

Heh, I got it, I was just clarifying  :P
Also I used to type soooo slowly, but trying to post before other people turned my hands into mini versions of the Flash.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2014, 04:46:19 pm »

Name: Olaf Morvus
Race: Human
Class: Barbarian
Skills: [Proficient Spearman] [Proficient Axeman] [Knowledge of Tactics]
Weapons: None
Spells: N/A
History: An experienced sailor, Olaf captained his own raiding ship and led them to many successful victories against unprepared towns and villages. This trip was supposed to be like any other - however, when he arrived the town's guard were ready and they had re-purposed a few merchant vessels to cut off his retreat, and a regiment of the kingdom's army regulars were there. Knowing no escape, he and his men fought with the fury of a dying sun, taking the majority of defenders down with them. As far as he knows, Olaf is the only survivor.
Appearance:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2014, 04:48:00 pm »

Accepted!

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
Re: The Maze of torture (OOC) [3/5]
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2014, 04:57:09 pm »

oh and as a side note, Muscle wizards only real difference in spells learned should be "Imbue fists" and "Mighty flex", otherwise they learn normal wizard spells.
Pages: [1] 2 3