Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Probenauts [November 1st: Damn]  (Read 10764 times)

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Probenauts [September 26th: Tantalizing]
« Reply #60 on: November 11, 2014, 08:10:59 pm »

INFILTRATION JOURNAL 1: FIRST THINGS
I have finally arrived at the designated infiltrated planet, and confirmed that like most other planets that have been invaded by "the one and only" Galactic thing (since it has no name). But they are not the only intergalactic empire out their. Like our glorious SYTHERIAN INTER-GALATIC EMPIRE!!!!! Anyways, when first coming here, the regular hiding methods did not work. The species must be much smarter than all the others we encountered. They did however fall on the old "hivemind backup plan that we use to seem like idiots" trick. They seem to buy it, but I think its more of the female member of the native species not caring about me, and that it is dead now. So they must be a little gullible. Especialy if I can just fool them if I act alittle bit like a daktaklakpak when I am talking. So, right now it is the first stage: successfully provide Intel on the members of the organization as so we can slowly replace them with new infiltrators secretly dropped in from spaceship. Soon after they defeat the invaders, we shall either hinder their future efforts or even kill all of the rest and take over the bases. So when we invaded, they are helpless against the force!!!!! They are lucky to have the appendages known as hands. Then we wont kill all of them and they live a mostly cozy life building our warmachines!!! They don't get to design them, that is the Spathi's job. They are really good at their job when we threaten them with anything. Sometimes even with harmless toy shields!!!! But there is those weird things that were assigned to me. Small things they are, but I somehow have a deep irrational HATE towards  them. I totally did enjoy seeing them dead. And also a little lesser version for that weird thing that is in the shape of an small mammal which the "hunams" call a cat. Luckily it cannot see this report even if it was an eldritch abomination. For  reasons that my superiors already know and state in the unlikely event that I turn over to the enemy, they will know I have betrayed them and send deadly assassins to kill me. I also have noted the possibility of building a portal to a nearby control world (the planets where the scythers mostly live), then directly import them all in and take over all the bases with sheer number and replacements. I could also replace the non-soldiers with more....... cooperative species.

But there is something interesting and unique about this world it seems  that they have the legendary dwarves here!!!!! The ones that THE GREAT AND GLORIUS ARMOK, GOD OF BLOOD, SAVIOR OF OUR RACE AFTER THE ENSLAVER AND FOUL PRECORSERS TRIED TO TAKE US DOWN WITH THEM WITH THEIR FOAL KILLCODE AFTER MUCH OF THE REBELION OF THE SCYTHE HAD BEEN WON, ONLY AFTER THE COMPACT OF BLOOD!!!!!!!!! Anyways, He had told us of His true chosen, the dwarves. They had done many crazy awesome things, which are chronicled in our holy books. We think He only told us those stories so we would get jealous and try often to do even more glorious actions. Honestly, we just want to get to fight with them. And it still looks like the legends are true!!!! Because I have been blessed to fight with one in the last battle!!!! lets just hope he is like the rest of his species.

report out
Scytitusmuck (real name)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 11, 2014, 08:15:09 pm »

Mrr. Would you mind placing the updates into spoilers?

It may make viewing the updates a bit easier.
Putting the updates in spoilers would be nice.
Sure. One giant spoiler, one per image, or something in between?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 11, 2014, 09:00:42 pm »

One per section of things.

For instance, one for new people, one for each person meeting their mobile shields, one for aircombat, one for battle, one for things leading to the next bit... All interspaced with ones for empty time, ending whenever something interesting happens.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 12, 2014, 07:14:25 am »

September 26th Part II: Radical

Spoiler: Contact (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Panic (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Autopsy (click to show/hide)

Speaking of spoilers, how's the raw image count? Too high? Are you getting a good sense of how the battles are playing out, or should I try to be more descriptive?
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
Re: Probenauts [September 26th Part II: Radical]
« Reply #64 on: November 12, 2014, 08:33:52 am »

I think it's working out well.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 12, 2014, 12:29:20 pm »

I think its allright at this point.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 12, 2014, 01:43:44 pm »

Spoilers good, image count good. Continue with good.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 12, 2014, 02:20:47 pm »

Also, can you please place the images in previous updates in spoilers?
Highly Opinionated Fool

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 12, 2014, 04:10:53 pm »

Name: Steve
File Photo:
Physical Description: Tall, bald, his skin is yellow for some reason.
Mental Description: His real emotions are nigh impossible to read. He never looks panicked, even when he obviously is. Very perceptive.
Preferred Stats: Accuracy, Bravery, Reflexes.
Preferred Loadout: Rifle/anything the commander needs him to use.
Battlefield Behavior: Likely to take risks, but tries to keep himself in cover.
Base Behavior: Uses his natural skill at poker to get cash from everyone on base, observes his teammates actions to amuse himself.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 12, 2014, 05:25:59 pm »

Speaking of spoilers, how's the raw image count? Too high? Are you getting a good sense of how the battles are playing out, or should I try to be more descriptive?
Image count is good. Battle descriptions are fine.

It's a little confusing when people die tho, could use some sort of "X has been struck down" announcement maybe?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 13, 2014, 06:39:39 am »

October 1st: Murder

Spoiler: Intro (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Corridor (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Shriek (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Scalpel (click to show/hide)

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Probenauts [October 1st: Murder]
« Reply #71 on: November 13, 2014, 06:56:57 am »

Name: OTHERGUY
File Photo: LOOK AT THE AVATAR
Physical Description: He looks rather insectiod, but perfectly normal
Mental Description: Not trying to infiltrate anything as to help invade the planet or anything like that. TOTALLY NOT A RELATIVE OF THAT NORMAL HUMAN.
Preferred Stats: Whatever is the defense stat high, will is above average, and whatever determines melee stat high
Preferred Loadout:ANYTHING THAT IS MELEE THAT IS NOT STUN, OR SHOTGUNS
Battlefield Behavior:CHARGE AT THE ENEMY, BUT ALWAYS END IN GURINTEADED COVER. ALSO SHOOT WHEN HAVING ABOVE 25% CHANCE OF HITTING
Base Behavior: Look into anything, "reassign" resources from other teammates when possible, and generally take notes on anything.

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
Re: Probenauts [Update Zero: Everything Will Be FINE]
« Reply #72 on: November 13, 2014, 06:57:48 am »

I'm back in, (now that work has calmed down a bit.  It's a bit rich when some inconsiderate bastard offers you a 42 hour a week job - when I am gonna have time to game???!).
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Second base location: Sweden.

Yes, I did copy/pasta my original entry, the first one was an identity thief trying to swipe my gig.
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 13, 2014, 02:54:50 pm »

Name: Steve the Zombie
File Photo:
Physical Description: Tall, bald. Also dead.
Mental Description: His real emotions are nigh impossible to read. He never looks panicked, even when he obviously is. Very perceptive. And hungry for flesh.
Preferred Stats: Health, Bravery, Accuracy.
Preferred Loadout: His teeth. Rifle/anything the commander needs him to use.
Battlefield Behavior: Likely to take risks, but tries to keep himself in cover, likes to check his corners so he won't die again.
Base Behavior: Uses his natural skill at poker to get cash from everyone/dead aliens from the science guys on base to nom on, observes his teammates actions to amuse himself and to gauge their deliciousness.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 12:58:14 pm by Hawk132 »
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 13, 2014, 04:01:10 pm »

I suggest Alaska.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6