Poll

This game is dead!

Hahahahahaha!
- 7 (41.2%)
Nooooooooooo!
- 10 (58.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 333 334 [335] 336 337 ... 350

Author Topic: Ye Gods 1 OOC [21/∞] Talk here  (Read 437838 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods OOC [21/∞] Talk here
« Reply #5010 on: August 15, 2015, 08:54:23 pm »

*gaaaasp*

KJP's back!

Yay!

<3
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #5011 on: August 15, 2015, 08:55:08 pm »

Its...coming back! YAY! I....I thought we lost you KJP...So many long nights waiting.....me running a weird rip off...it was all worth it
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5012 on: August 15, 2015, 08:57:54 pm »

Holy gods in the heavens yes!
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #5013 on: August 15, 2015, 09:24:17 pm »

For any question in the survey, feel free to elaborate on your reasoning for a given choice (even providing new options if necessary). While I would prefer having the results posted on OOC to maintain transparency, I suggest sending potential flamebait items by PM.

Spoiler: Survey (click to show/hide)

EDIT: renumerated survey because it had two question 13s
EDIT: corrected incorrect examples for effects of more and less randomness (skill overrides luck when there's not much luck to go around, durr)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 08:09:51 pm by Kilojoule Proton »

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5014 on: August 15, 2015, 09:26:29 pm »

Oh yay, I can try out that other god concept I have.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5015 on: August 15, 2015, 09:36:11 pm »

Dang it, I don't have enough tabs for another game on my tablet!  Well, I could close something, I guess?
As for the Survey:
I can't really speak for some of the questions, not having actually, y'know, played, but
I don't like that everything is Cast From Hit Points, although a mechanic that lets you do so could very well work,
updates should happen when you say they're going to happen, but you don't need to stick to a schedule,
I think that in any setting with gods messing about, realism fluctuates like boiling water, but middling realism (magic is a thing, gods can do god things without having to deal with pesky things like physics, but mortals generally obey gravity, however gravity works) is what I'd go for
gods should perhaps have alignment bonuses and penalties but no restricted actions,
the gods should bloody well make their own magic if they want it,
the players and gods should be allowed to form their own organizations (why do all the gods exist on one Council, it seems kind of stupid to have directly opposing deities nullifying eachother repeatedly...),
Lack of originality punishment should depend on whether there's actually a viable way to do something another way,
...Uh that's it.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 10:03:27 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5016 on: August 15, 2015, 09:47:21 pm »

I don't quite understand question 7. Is it asking if gods should only be able to do stuff within their sphere or is it asking how big of a bonus a sphere should give? Will "A lot" provide a malus/impossibility on all non-aligned actions regardless of whether Essence is used or not? Does "Very little" mean it's ownly for flavour?

I'm also unsure on question 12. Is this about originality versus what's being created by other gods, what's generally present in fiction and real life (humans, guns, and elves, for example), or is it related to Ersatz?

Finally, I'd like to ask about question 14. What is the current amount of realism in Ye Gods? I want it to be possible for science to advance as normal but I also want magic to influence the world as heavily as it would in real life. It shouldn't be forcefully suppressed in game mechanics to make the world closer to real life.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #5017 on: August 15, 2015, 09:49:59 pm »

Spoiler: Survey (click to show/hide)

This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5018 on: August 15, 2015, 09:52:11 pm »

Just answer the question, Andres. Don't worry about mechanics. It's asking how much you think a god should be doing stuff within their own sphere.

Captain Ersatz is about lawyers and copyright. Aka: Don't make stuff that's a ripoff of something in a different fictional work that might sue KJP.

On a different note, what do you define as 'science advance as normal'?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5019 on: August 15, 2015, 10:02:13 pm »

Just answer the question, Andres. Don't worry about mechanics. It's asking how much you think a god should be doing stuff within their own sphere.
This is a mechanics question so I am going to worry about mechanics. I want to know if one of the options means I can't create a planet as a god of War.
EDIT: I want spheres to provide maluses only when dealing with their opposites.

Captain Ersatz is about lawyers and copyright. Aka: Don't make stuff that's a ripoff of something in a different fictional work that might sue KJP.
That's question 13. 13 is about Ersatz while 12 is about originality. 13 is about Spehss Mahreens while 12 is about generic elves or generic humans.

On a different note, what do you define as 'science advance as normal'?
To advance and be as important as it was IRL.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 10:05:52 pm by Andres »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5020 on: August 15, 2015, 10:06:03 pm »

Whee, lots of edit.
Also, there are no numbers, sorry.

Yeah, I agree with Andres on that one.  Bonuses for sphere, debuffs against, unaligned stuff is just in general the same.  Only I used a ton more words.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 10:09:13 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5021 on: August 15, 2015, 10:07:14 pm »

If you're trying to make a planet as a god of War, by yourself, you're doing something wrong. Or possibly right. Not sure.

Knowing KJP, it's probably not going to be flat restrictions, it's gonna be 'justify to me how this fits your sphere to see how much it costs'.

Science isn't gonna be as important as it was irl, for the simple reason of magic existing. Penicillin isn't as necessary when you have Remove Disease Important, still, sure. But not as much. Magitech will probably happen on it's own once somebody does something capable of enchanting stuff.

As for originality, I think he expects you to be more creative than 'I make humans,' considering this is a game about creating things.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5022 on: August 15, 2015, 10:10:56 pm »

Rolepgeek, in general, there's gonna be a ton of things like creating races that gods will have to do, and, y'know, it shouldn't be impossible for anyone without a sphere of life to make some.
Sigtext

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5023 on: August 15, 2015, 10:11:29 pm »

Should I answer this? I came pretty late to the game and didn't have time to fully understand the mechanics of the game.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #5024 on: August 15, 2015, 10:12:11 pm »

In all the questions, I encourage adding elaborations if you feel the existing choices aren't enough or clear.

Anyone is welcome to answer the survey.

7.: Mostly bonuses, because maluses beyond opposites tend to get unwieldy to track what with gods having one or two spheres and thousands of useful things outside. Currently, I am leaning toward providing a range of bonuses for sphere based on applicability and specificity as follows:
  • An average god of red roses probably gets a big (let's say +5 on an arbitrary scale where 1 is tiny and 5 practically guarantees success) bonus to, say, killing all the red roses in a region where the only acceptable diplomacy is sending gifts of good red roses to start an unending war. Said god probably gets few bonuses for much else but thrives in a niche like that.
  • An average god of emptiness probably gets a tiny bonus (1 on the above scale, 2 for especially appropriate actions) for a lot of emptiness-related things. Such a god would be more adaptable overall but locally less successful

12: Originality so far has, if I recall correctly, been treated as mostly a "no legitimately licensed works, no overt flamebait" restriction. I myself may not get any lawyergrams, but it tends to be a bad idea to provoke the known litigious copyright/trademark holders. I know there are other games here incorporating licensed works' characters/mechanics, so at least part of this may just be rationalized personal fear. This is why this issue is on the survey.

14: Realism right now is mostly based on a policy of "see what direction the players take overall." Regarding science in general, I'd ordinarily want to incorporate as much of it as possible, but that tends to lead to metagaming and outside stuff (e.g. Greek steampunk!) affecting the game.

World-building, cooperation bonuses, &c.: I'm considering making the discount on creations cap at 100% (=free stuff!) around 4-6 players. This should help proposal creations advance more quickly and smoothly.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b
Pages: 1 ... 333 334 [335] 336 337 ... 350