Poll

This game is dead!

Hahahahahaha!
- 7 (41.2%)
Nooooooooooo!
- 10 (58.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 240 241 [242] 243 244 ... 350

Author Topic: Ye Gods 1 OOC [21/∞] Talk here  (Read 435475 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods OOC [13/∞] Sign up/talk here
« Reply #3615 on: January 17, 2015, 05:40:08 am »

At the very least, they saw me nuke an essence dragon. I definitely did something that would tell the Angels it is a bad idea to openly insult me. "Getting used to" doesn't mean "Getting stupid with"...
They saw you ineffectually nuke an Essence dragon. That's the big difference.

...That means we didn't give the common sense boost to everyone like you think we did?
Curses! My ninja edit wasn't fast enough! But yeah, I'm well aware of that now but Argument A relied on the assumption (I know, I know) that it was true and we were just now arguing about Argument A itself and I needed to provide evidence in context of the reasonings behind Argument A.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3616 on: January 17, 2015, 06:46:12 am »

$$$
Price check on making 300 Vetegans: Human-looking beings with monkey tails who get stronger every time they nearly die, turn into giant monkeys when they look at a full moon, and can turn "Super Vetegan" if they get powerful and angry enough. :P

EDIT:
Actual price checks.

$$$
Price check on making a Luna-sized moon
Price check on making a half-Luna-sized moon
Price check on making an Earth-sized, uninhabitable planet
Price check on making an Earth-like planet
Price check on the artifact forge if it could only make one type of thing (weapons, armour, magical trinkets, etc.)
Price check on making the moon-sized space battleship with the WMG except without the WMG or the weapons. So it's basically just a moon-sized spaceship. How much for one?

$$$
Price check on creating a star. (Non-decorative)
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #3617 on: January 17, 2015, 08:23:13 am »

Human population: It was meant to say something closer to 50M give or take a doubling (25M-100M). The other races are buried as terms in each god's cell. 50M is just for the humans, but there are many other races, a few of which outnumber them by a lot.
Number checks: Imagine a knapsack you can fill with differently sized differently weighted marbles. Now imagine a closed one where you know only the total size and weight and try reconstructing its constituents and you get an idea of why I still haven't done them.
Total population: My rough estimate is somewhere within an order of a billion.
WQ modifier going above 1: It's possible but improbable.
Sentience/sapience confusion: What if we use sentience-2 or sapience-2 to refer to [CAN_WORSHIP]? This should prevent the recurring semantics debates.
Default race: Anyone proclaiming the existence of one is to be defined as a racist immutably and indelibly. :P
Gruen spores and fire: There was an incident that drove them to be made fire-resistant, but I'm not sure if it was withdrawn. It was during the Yaos-claims-gas-giant-stuff subplot.
Mixing IC and OOC: Part of this may be my fault. I should have written something discouraging picking anything close to the player's personality because of the emotional mess it selects for. Having something completely orthogonal or opposite to the player would induce the line of thinking that allows mean characters with nice actors to exist. It's a bit too late for this, and I don't really want  to restrict the options.
(Khaziraad: -3E)
Khaziraad has lost 3E. Perhaps Fortuna could make a living out of this sort of business? ;)
More creative vetoes instead: I myself favor this, if only because it's better than caring enough only to type "veto."
Shutting down vetoes and veto euphemisms vs. disasters: You can still do something about it. You just can't say "veto" and be done with it.
Name: Cyrix
Sphere: Harvest, protector of
Primary form/symbol: Owl
Description/background: Farmers have always noticed the owls who protect their crops from the birds who would make a quick meal of it but now they know these owls aren't just animals but they are defenders from the god of Harvest sent to protect everyone from starvation.

Is that an ok character sheet?
Yes, added. Note well that Grauel, god of Hunger is affable even to self-chosen nemeses. ;)
Notation: (sg.) = singular, (pl.) = plural. Curse Þee, character map problems from Þe olde English!
TVTropes article: I see someone has linked BlatantLies about my claim of telling only the truth. Would whoever wrote that in be brave enough to step up and provide an example where I was not quoting an actual lie? ;D
(Nice critiques though. I'll have to keep the AbortedArc one in mind for ambitious projects in the future..)

$$$Response
New Fancy Goop: 28E base
Deathbells: 5E base
Vetegans: NO
Luna-like moon: 4-5E
Half Luna-like moon: Half diameter or half volume?
Earth-sized uninhabitable planet: 7-9E
Earth-like planet: 9-10E
Artifact forge, only one kind: 20E+, dep. quality (mundane, slightly magical, magical, highly magical, slightly divine, &c.) of item produced
Moon-sized ship: 6-7E, may not be popular idea anywhere near Keshan or Slytha
Hovori to 3M: Not less than 30E
Scrolls: 5E to prototype
Non-decorative realistic star: 19-20E

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3618 on: January 17, 2015, 08:40:35 am »

So do I need to post in the actual game thread to actually join or am I already in?
Also do I get a starting amount of worshipers or do I have to do something to get them?
Lastly do I have an opposite on here, perhaps a god of pestilence or pests/vermin?
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #3619 on: January 17, 2015, 10:25:36 am »

So do I need to post in the actual game thread to actually join or am I already in?
Also do I get a starting amount of worshipers or do I have to do something to get them?
Lastly do I have an opposite on here, perhaps a god of pestilence or pests/vermin?
You can just post now. To gain followers, you can either create your own race, or steal followers from others. You could, for example, appear before all farmes, and make their harvest better. In theory Grauel could be your nemesis, because he is the god of hunger.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3620 on: January 17, 2015, 10:42:58 am »

Grauel would be your nemesis if he was actualy playing as a god of hunger. As it is, he is being God of Glutony.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #3621 on: January 17, 2015, 10:43:58 am »

$$$
Price check on creating a kind of magic that lets people pinpoint the location of others nearby by feeling their pain.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 04:44:49 pm by Lord_lemonpie »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #3622 on: January 17, 2015, 12:02:06 pm »

(Khaziraad: -3E)
Khaziraad has lost 3E. Perhaps Fortuna could make a living out of this sort of business? ;)

Wait, what?

I literally have no idea what I did :D
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3623 on: January 17, 2015, 12:33:09 pm »

I made a bet that price for Malkath creating sayans (Dragon ball) would include a warning. KJP put out a fiat NO instead.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3624 on: January 17, 2015, 02:35:37 pm »

I personally find it utterly hilarious that the most significant things Darruth is noted for is swearing when pissed off. Would only be better if he was a god of Oaths.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3625 on: January 17, 2015, 03:07:48 pm »

Grauel would be your nemesis if he was actualy playing as a god of hunger. As it is, he is being God of Glutony.

Err... Gluttony to me implies eating even after you're full. I tend to "bless" people so that they are never full in addition to making them grow stronger from eating. A bit of both but it's all semantics I suppose.

Not sure how I could really express my sphere any better without making everyone die from starvation. That hardly seems conductive to long term worshiper accumulation but I suppose it would boost the influence of my secondary sphere ;).

My character is Grauel. Spheres are Hunger and Decay. That could make you and the god of Satisfaction my opposites but as KJP pointed out, I tend to be pretty cordial even to my opposites as long as they don't antagonize me. If you want to be enemies with me, that's fine but I highly recommend you don't try anything without becoming more powerful or gaining allies first because I'm one of the original gods and I've accumulated a fair amount of power. This is purely my OOC advice.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3626 on: January 17, 2015, 03:48:27 pm »

God of Eating. Not Hunger, not Gluttony. Just eating. Hunger implies the inability to eat.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3627 on: January 17, 2015, 04:27:31 pm »

God of Eating. Not Hunger, not Gluttony. Just eating. Hunger implies the inability to eat.

Surely that would make them almost allies then?

Cyrix grows stuff, Grauel eats it.

The decay part might cause issues, but oh well... cannae be perfect, eh?

Edit: Also I'm quite happy to take bets, should KJP allow. So long as I get a cut of the action, and I obviously wouldn't be betting myself...
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 04:37:45 pm by hector13 »
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3628 on: January 17, 2015, 04:39:09 pm »

$$$Response
I'm not sure what the difference is.... Price check on both?

Only 5E? One of those scrolls had a star falling into someone's backyard. Aside from the apocalypse that would certainly bring about, stars cost 19-20E to make each.

Why is Grauel even the god of Decay? He never decays anything. The same can be said for Khaziraad's sphere of Advancement. He used it exactly once to improve some roads and then never used it again.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3629 on: January 17, 2015, 04:43:14 pm »

$$$Response
I'm not sure what the difference is.... Price check on both?

Only 5E? One of those scrolls had a star falling into someone's backyard. Aside from the apocalypse that would certainly bring about, stars cost 19-20E to make each.

Why is Grauel even the god of Decay? He never decays anything. The same can be said for Khaziraad's sphere of Advancement. He used it exactly once to improve some roads and then never used it again.

You're doing it again :P

Edit: What's to say they're not doing things in private related to their other spheres anyway?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 04:46:56 pm by hector13 »

Pages: 1 ... 240 241 [242] 243 244 ... 350