Poll

This game is dead!

Hahahahahaha!
- 7 (41.2%)
Nooooooooooo!
- 10 (58.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 242 243 [244] 245 246 ... 350

Author Topic: Ye Gods 1 OOC [21/∞] Talk here  (Read 435493 times)

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods OOC [13/∞] Sign up/talk here
« Reply #3645 on: January 17, 2015, 06:06:42 pm »

So how much would it cost to make a sapient race of farming midgets?

With no special abilities or longevity? I would guess 2-3 essence for 300.

To have KJP see past the arguments on food storage, it is usually best to do a triple dollar sign above your price checks. Look back a few pages for examples.

I want their life spans to be like 50 yrs and they just need to be good farmers
Not like I'm making a race for war or anything, I'm thinking of something along the lines of docile hobbits, maybe give them the ability to reproduce quickly like rabits?
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3646 on: January 17, 2015, 06:11:01 pm »

Be warned; Short lifespan and fast breeding also decreases worship quality.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3647 on: January 17, 2015, 06:11:55 pm »

But long lifespans also decrease worship quality. There's a sweet spot that needs to be met between animal-like and godlike.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3648 on: January 17, 2015, 06:12:17 pm »

I was going to ask if you were making hobits but you beat me to question by answering it.
You should be able to aford milions of them.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3649 on: January 17, 2015, 06:13:11 pm »

And the same goes for no aging and slow breeding. I see why Yaos liked humans.

#Check on High-Elves
#Check on Wolf-People
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3650 on: January 17, 2015, 06:14:32 pm »

You should be able to aford milions of them.
That's assuming you use up a crap-ton of Essence. It cost the combined efforts of several gods to make 3 million sapients with 8 Essence and having multiple gods on the same project gives a discount to Essence cost.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3651 on: January 17, 2015, 06:15:52 pm »

But long lifespans also decrease worship quality. There's a sweet spot that needs to be met between animal-like and godlike.

I believe it's about Human.

Thus the default race assumed to be Human, since it seems that they're the ones with the highest Worship Quality. I think. Not sure if Worship Quality multiplier can go above 1. I don't think so...but I haven't seen anything to actively say otherwise, so I'm not actually certain.

...You know, I just realized that if the total pop is on the order of a billion, and I have maybe 10 million followers, that ain't cool. I need to seriously get that shit up from 1 bloody percent of the population.

Yet I'm really not sure how to go about doing that short of PROPHETS EVERYWHERE

WHICH MEANS KJP IS THE RACIST ALL ALONG! :P

Andres, my price checks on propagating the Seraphim to 3 Mil said like 6-7E or something, if I remember right.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #3652 on: January 17, 2015, 06:16:59 pm »

$$$

Creating a race of human-like beings, which are luckier than other races (basically, take base luck as 1, and my race have a base luck of 1.5)

Also they can say Fortuna without any negative effects.

Creating a city for them to live in too.

Edit: also, how much it would cost to propagate them to 1,000; 10,000; 100,000 people.

They will be known us the Turonniheld (that's just for me, because I'll end up forgetting that)

Edit 2: Also, they only receive the extra luck from continued worship of me, else their base luck goes to 0.67
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 06:53:40 pm by hector13 »
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3653 on: January 17, 2015, 06:17:40 pm »

Is 50 not a general human life span in this setting?
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3654 on: January 17, 2015, 06:18:34 pm »

Now that you mention it, I have even less followers thn Darruth. It might be a time for some miracles happening.

The problem I suspect is that a huge part of population is gruen, and I doubt they want anything that is not food, limiting options somewhat.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 06:20:36 pm by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3655 on: January 17, 2015, 06:35:03 pm »

Lifespan is about the equivalent of what we have in the modern day thanks to magic. Just ask for your race to have a normal lifespan and you'll be fine. In this game, the more detailed you get the more things start to cost. It's one of the reasons I got into the bad habit of assuming everything.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3656 on: January 17, 2015, 06:40:20 pm »

The problem I suspect is that a huge part of population is gruen, and I doubt they want anything that is not food, limiting options somewhat.

The mark of a well aligned race is one that has no reason to worship other gods even if you allow them to ;D. Granted they actually might be somewhat tempted to worship my opposites of all things but I'm not very concerned.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3657 on: January 17, 2015, 06:41:02 pm »

That's assuming you use up a crap-ton of Essence. It cost the combined efforts of several gods to make 3 million sapients with 8 Essence and having multiple gods on the same project gives a discount to Essence cost.

...No, it was pretty cheap before the change. I remember propagating both the Armu and Seppo to 3 million by myself.

Thus the default race assumed to be Human, since it seems that they're the ones with the highest Worship Quality. I think. Not sure if Worship Quality multiplier can go above 1. I don't think so...but I haven't seen anything to actively say otherwise, so I'm not actually certain.

There you go assuming.

When was 50 ever the general human life span? :-\. I don't think anyone really paid attention to human's lifespan anyway. It is probably about modern-day, despite what Andres said it has little to do with magic. He assumes thing a lot.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3658 on: January 17, 2015, 06:45:29 pm »

Andres, my price checks on propagating the Seraphim to 3 Mil said like 6-7E or something, if I remember right.
...No, it was pretty cheap before the change. I remember propagating both the Armu and Seppo to 3 million by myself.
You both make good points but it would do well to remind that propagation is cheaper than creation.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3659 on: January 17, 2015, 07:09:40 pm »

Fun fact: Azem usually uses 'Goldfather' as a last name. Or at least his angels do.
Pages: 1 ... 242 243 [244] 245 246 ... 350