Poll

This game is dead!

Hahahahahaha!
- 7 (41.2%)
Nooooooooooo!
- 10 (58.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 350

Author Topic: Ye Gods 1 OOC [21/∞] Talk here  (Read 435697 times)

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods OOC [13/∞] Sign up/talk here
« Reply #3300 on: January 08, 2015, 04:02:04 pm »

A thought just occurred to me, Are there other bubbles and could we conceivably contact their gods?

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #3301 on: January 08, 2015, 04:09:06 pm »

Afterlife: 1E, private plane, customizable. 2E if it includes something significant affecting others like Atropos' Vault or Khaziraad's archive or constructions.
Other bubbles: Possibly, but targeting one is like trying to kill a distant stationary fly using one of those sharp tiny needles for sewing launched from a rubber band. This analogy doesn't break down for the effects of gravity, wind, and rubber band tension/launch energy.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #3302 on: January 08, 2015, 04:11:55 pm »

Ooh, afterlife, i like that idea!

$$$
Price check on trying to contact other bubbles alone (if possible)
Price check on trying to contact other bubbles with one other god (if possible)
Price check on trying to contact other bubbles with all active gods (if possible)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3303 on: January 08, 2015, 05:01:16 pm »

To have any effective chance of doing anything with another Bubble - including creating one - you need Void knowledge of how to do so. The only way to do that is to talk to a Void being since there aren't any Void texts that include Bubble-making tutorials. Thinking about it, though, you could probably just ask Grauel if you don't want to talk to the Void.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3304 on: January 08, 2015, 10:00:25 pm »

Afterlife: 1E, private plane, customizable. 2E if it includes something significant affecting others like Atropos' Vault or Khaziraad's archive or constructions.
Other bubbles: Possibly, but targeting one is like trying to kill a distant stationary fly using one of those sharp tiny needles for sewing launched from a rubber band. This analogy doesn't break down for the effects of gravity, wind, and rubber band tension/launch energy.
Couldn't we just do more or less what we do now? Instead of laser-communications, radio waves?

That is to say, rather than trying to target them specifically, we send a powerful communications 'burst' in a conical shape so we probably 'hit'. They do the same. Tada, communication.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3305 on: January 08, 2015, 10:37:44 pm »

I wonder if the Null wouldn't intercept or prevent those communications.

Andres, jumping to conclusions is detrimental to progress. In this case yours and those you are advising. Cim has already been kind enough to divulge that plenty can be learned about void manipulation just from experimentation. You don't need to go crawling and begging to any gods or null if you are willing to take risks and frankly asking any gods or null for help with something like that is risky in its own way.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #3306 on: January 09, 2015, 01:17:29 am »

We did pass a proposal about forming a committee for safe Void research, but then we forgot to actually do that. Maybe we should get on that IC, if you're starting to get interested?

35.01: Arrange for a Void study committee
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3307 on: January 09, 2015, 01:28:15 am »

The only thing that proposal has done so far is legalise Void-study. Also, the point of it was to collect information on the Void - which Cim has so kindly done - and share that information with the other gods - which at least Grauel has not kindly done. Quite frankly, that proposal just wasn't detailed enough to be of any real use. (Yes I know I made it.) Maybe if there was a clause that ONLY those in the committee would be allowed to interact with the Void.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3308 on: January 09, 2015, 01:29:54 am »

We did pass a proposal about forming a committee for safe Void research, but then we forgot to actually do that. Maybe we should get on that IC, if you're starting to get interested?

35.01: Arrange for a Void study committee

We also made a proposal to fight the Void that was ignored. Lets face it, the Council is useless at getting things done.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #3309 on: January 09, 2015, 01:39:32 am »

I know I didn't ignore that proposal. Cim has been fighting the Void in its own way for a long while.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3310 on: January 09, 2015, 01:41:43 am »

-snip-

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3311 on: January 09, 2015, 01:44:00 am »

Most proposals are just petty attempts for gods to make power plays or accomplish goals at less expense to themselves. Not all proposals but most proposals.

Andres if you have an issue with Grauel's behavior, by all means confront him about it IC instead of mentioning it repeatedly OOC.

Not like Grauel has a tendency to overreact or anything ;).

As a separate matter, who's to say I haven't shared my research? I just haven't shared it with you :D.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #3312 on: January 09, 2015, 06:29:12 am »

$$$
Contact other bubbles alone: ?
Price check on trying to contact other bubbles with one other god: ?
Price check on trying to contact other bubbles with all active gods: ?, requires Void knowledge on navigation, experience in motion, assisted by certain constructions

The problem with broadcasting signals is that distances are unimaginably large not to mention the broken spacetime. It would probably take on the order of 200E to broadcast around a known direction with a reasonable fidelity without certain constructions.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #3313 on: January 09, 2015, 02:24:54 pm »

This looks interesting.

Spoiler: character sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 02:39:24 pm by Dutrius »
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3314 on: January 09, 2015, 03:48:20 pm »

Name: Raptil
Sphere: Hunting
Primary form: He prefers the form of an unusually large peregrine falcon. In human form, Raptil appears as tall, weather beaten man, with dark, wild hair and an unkempt beard His eyes are green and piercing. He is clad in animal pelts and holds a bow made from some otherworldly material, needing no quiver or physical amunition. Various animal trophies hang from his waist.
Symbol: A crimson arrowhead/chevron
Description: Throughout history, people have been relying on hunting for procuring food. Often, they would pray to the heavens to ensure a successful hunt, as a single failed hunt could make the difference between eating and starvation.

Cool, Although I kinda wonder why we don't have an agriculture god yet, Either way you'll probably get a pretty huge following among the Kobolds.
Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 350