Poll

This game is dead!

Hahahahahaha!
- 7 (41.2%)
Nooooooooooo!
- 10 (58.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 350

Author Topic: Ye Gods 1 OOC [21/∞] Talk here  (Read 435348 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods OOC [13/∞] Sign up/talk here
« Reply #3075 on: January 02, 2015, 12:55:23 am »

If their armor was capable of deflecting musket balls, it wouldn't be all encompassing. Not without magic being the part that makes it that tough, and that angled. Armor had to be specially made to deflect bullets, Andres. It wasn't easy.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3076 on: January 02, 2015, 12:55:44 am »

Hmmm...I need to work on Faultless Armor, soon...
Why do I have a bad feeling about this?

It might be because Fusil considers armor to be blasphemy.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3077 on: January 02, 2015, 12:56:25 am »

Without armor, about half of weapons become pointless.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3078 on: January 02, 2015, 01:01:10 am »

Why do I have a bad feeling about this?

It might be because Fusil considers armor to be blasphemy.

Not true! Tanks arn't blasphemy.

Without armor, about half of weapons become pointless.

BLASPHEMY!
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3079 on: January 02, 2015, 01:03:44 am »

You have never seen them fight one on one, have you? I have. In every fight they where in, I was completely underwhelmed.
You fought a Paladin and you lost?

And in this game, they don't fight like they do in action movies.
Or do they?

Also seriously Andres you don't get how strong crossbows are. There's a reason they were banned in the middle ages, while the longbow wasn't. It wasn't just ease of use, either...They seriously would go through the breastplate of a knight's armor and out the other side. Crossbows are fuckin' powerful.

Also, Kevlar stops bullets. Doesn't stop arrows, though. Not kidding.
Fair enough, I think. Testing needs to be done.

The armour is stronger than kevlar. Kevlar stops bullets by spreading out the impact of the bullet. The armour just tanks the shot like a baus.

If their armor was capable of deflecting musket balls, it wouldn't be all encompassing. Not without magic being the part that makes it that tough, and that angled. Armor had to be specially made to deflect bullets, Andres. It wasn't easy.
All-encompassing meaning it covered their entire bodies. Armour can deflect bullets if you make it thick enough. On a related note, have you ever heard of a dude called Ned Kelly?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #3080 on: January 02, 2015, 01:08:01 am »

Andres, armour thickness has almost no effect of deflection of anything. It might stop a bullet if it was thick, but it wouldn't deflect it. And to stop a bullet, it would probably be too heavy to wear around easily. (Assuming it is steel armour)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3081 on: January 02, 2015, 01:17:36 am »

Andres, armour thickness has almost no effect of deflection of anything. It might stop a bullet if it was thick, but it wouldn't deflect it. And to stop a bullet, it would probably be too heavy to wear around easily. (Assuming it is steel armour)
Well, considering that armour tends to be angled to conform around its user, it's likely that it has the right angles (pun intended) needed to deflect bullets. Also, if you throw a ball against a wall the wall will deflect it. Same deal with the bullet and armour.
As for your final sentence, you'd be correct if we were talking about normal Humans. Paladins were designed in part to be able to wear such heavy armour. Kinda. They were modelled after Space Marines and those dudes carry around their armour with no problem. Paladins can carry around their armour as well but since it's not power armour it does actually weigh them down, though only as much as heavy armour (on a scale of very light to super heavy with very heavy in between heavy and super heavy) weighs heavily on a normal Human. Either that or it weighs as much as medium armour for them. It's a bit ambiguous.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 01:19:14 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3082 on: January 02, 2015, 01:25:27 am »

I was referring to action movies, actually, when I was talking about that.

And in this game, they don't fight like they do in action movies. Conservation of Ninjutsu applies on a broad scale, not on individual battlefields, here, Andres.

You're underwhelmed by everything because you overwhelm everything, Stirk. With enough power, everything looks weak, because you no longer have a sense of scale for it.

What I'm wondering is who are more powerful, Templars or Paladins? I'm guessing Paladins, particularly since Templars are meant to be guardians and monster slayers, not necessarily front line combatants all the time.

Also seriously Andres you don't get how strong crossbows are. There's a reason they were banned in the middle ages, while the longbow wasn't. It wasn't just ease of use, either...They seriously would go through the breastplate of a knight's armor and out the other side. Crossbows are fuckin' powerful.

Also, Kevlar stops bullets. Doesn't stop arrows, though. Not kidding.
I'd like to point out that not all crossbows are that powerful. A two-handed arbalest definitely could, but a small assassin's crossbow made to just silently pierce a vein and deliver a poison could not. A one handed crossbow likely could, depending on the type of armor, bolt shot, and range. There's actually a well-respected Medieval myth that a crossbow bolt could shoot through a knight's steel plate, chain mail, go through him, out the chai mail again, back through the steel plate, and all the way through his horse.

Longbows were very similar in strength, but the arrows tended to be longer, causing them to lose more force as they were used for long-range bombardment, but were more accurate because the shape flew further (however this hardly mattered because they grouped together for volleys due to the fact that it still wasn't very accurate). Longbows, however, require years of skeletal structure-altering training and practice, as well as being harder to use close-up.

So yes, I'd say the crossbow piercing the armor is feasible. (And yes, I am an archery enthusiast, although I don't know everything.)

Note: Crossbows are ridiculously hard to reload. You can't even cock them by hand! You need a rope or other device, even for the smallest ones! Even then it takes forever

About armor: full steel plate with chain mail underneath it actually doesn't weigh too much, or hinder a lot. It only becomes a problem when the wearies and tires of battle get to you, but that will happen regardless.
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #3083 on: January 02, 2015, 02:10:42 am »

Missed my vote on 79.05 It was Oppose
Fixed on local copy; 4-4 and still imminent death.
$$$
Price check on making a star Void-unholy (like the dust ring)
Price check on making the Bubble Void-unholy
A star Void-unholy: 30+E
Making the Bubble unholy: ? ? ?, requires Void knowledge on bubbles
These two run into the immediate problem of being unholy to Nothing/nothing...
Whelp, 80 days of daily updates was a good run. A damn good run. Can't wait to see what the new year holds for us. Maybe you can beat your record? ;D
I'd hope I can, and it may be easier with the starting point before the start of a quarter because of time off from school being located over 80 days away.
I think "sclup" has won. What do we do with that knowledge?
No idea! :P

Guns, ninjas, knights, and armor: Put it up for a proposal?

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3084 on: January 02, 2015, 02:36:39 am »

I'd like to point out that not all crossbows are that powerful. A two-handed arbalest definitely could, but a small assassin's crossbow made to just silently pierce a vein and deliver a poison could not. A one handed crossbow likely could, depending on the type of armor, bolt shot, and range. There's actually a well-respected Medieval myth that a crossbow bolt could shoot through a knight's steel plate, chain mail, go through him, out the chai mail again, back through the steel plate, and all the way through his horse.

Longbows were very similar in strength, but the arrows tended to be longer, causing them to lose more force as they were used for long-range bombardment, but were more accurate because the shape flew further (however this hardly mattered because they grouped together for volleys due to the fact that it still wasn't very accurate). Longbows, however, require years of skeletal structure-altering training and practice, as well as being harder to use close-up.

So yes, I'd say the crossbow piercing the armor is feasible. (And yes, I am an archery enthusiast, although I don't know everything.)

Note: Crossbows are ridiculously hard to reload. You can't even cock them by hand! You need a rope or other device, even for the smallest ones! Even then it takes forever

About armor: full steel plate with chain mail underneath it actually doesn't weigh too much, or hinder a lot. It only becomes a problem when the wearies and tires of battle get to you, but that will happen regardless.

Well, yes. Typically, I'm thinking of the Genovese crossbow-type, though, since if one compares the Longbow to the crossbow you really need to use the experts in their fields.

From everything I've read, Longbows were nowhere near as powerful as most crossbows. However, they were faster to fire continuously, still did a damn good job(they could pierce chainmail like on the limbs and such, just not breastplate and helm and the like), and didn't need as much machinery for maintenance and the like.

Also, the difficulty of reloading the crossbow depends on the crossbow in question, the strength and skill of the individual, and the source you go to. One can fire a bow very very quickly, but it's exhausting, which was why longbowmen would typically fire once every 10 seconds. Crossbowmen could be at perhaps 30 seconds reloading time, if they were skilled and the crossbow wasn't more like a ballista.

@Andres: Okay, stop. Take a look at Conquistador armor, that time period and the like. That is armor made to deflect bullets. It's not just about being thick, and also why the fuck would you use Warhammer 40k as a legitimate source for logic or armor capabilities? Leaving aside the bit where you ain't got the armor helping lift itself like they do, or the part where the shit it's made of is pretty damn high durability even for 40k, and then ask yourself why you think any of that would apply to this?

I could make fully encompassing armor that could deflect (some/most) bullets. What's easier, though, is "projectile-be-gone" with an enchantment that just causes it to veer away. But that's because I'm the god of Protection(don't get me wrong, a mortal could do it too, it's just not gonna be a given, if it's not magical, or anywhere near likely to work, particularly since they don't have guns to test it with). And Yaos wasn't.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #3085 on: January 02, 2015, 02:49:53 am »

You guys are going through all these arguments about armour and stuff... Just use magic! Like Serac's "Bullets to Bubbles" amulets.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3086 on: January 02, 2015, 02:56:33 am »

Missed my vote on 79.05 It was Oppose
Fixed on local copy; 4-4 and still imminent death.

If it's 4-4 now, then it was imminent success before, wasn't it?
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3087 on: January 02, 2015, 03:10:44 am »

@Andres: Okay, stop. Take a look at Conquistador armor, that time period and the like. That is armor made to deflect bullets. It's not just about being thick, and also why the fuck would you use Warhammer 40k as a legitimate source for logic or armor capabilities? Leaving aside the bit where you ain't got the armor helping lift itself like they do, or the part where the shit it's made of is pretty damn high durability even for 40k, and then ask yourself why you think any of that would apply to this?
I'm just trying to rationalise the armour, really. The only concrete things I know about Paladin armour is that it can stop/deflect pistol bullets, covers their entire body (like plate armour) and is too heavy (and thus durable) for a combat-un-enhanced Human to use, or at least use properly.

You guys are going through all these arguments about armour and stuff... Just use magic! Like Serac's "Bullets to Bubbles" amulets.
The point of this armour is that it's capable of stopping bullets in a mundane fashion BEFORE being enchanted. Also, did Serac actually end up giving Atropos 5 Essence or was that vetoed by the GM? Because that's basically playing as two gods.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #3088 on: January 02, 2015, 03:13:07 am »

Atropos didn't need the essence, so no.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #3089 on: January 02, 2015, 03:53:07 am »

So, uh... still accepting new players?

Probably have no idea how to play the game, but that should just make it more fun. Right?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 350