Poll

This game is dead!

Hahahahahaha!
- 7 (41.2%)
Nooooooooooo!
- 10 (58.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 202 203 [204] 205 206 ... 350

Author Topic: Ye Gods 1 OOC [21/∞] Talk here  (Read 435257 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods OOC [13/∞] Sign up/talk here
« Reply #3045 on: December 31, 2014, 02:00:12 am »

Hmm...... That's kind of boring, though. No branches, even when considering the extra info below the attunement cost-increases. Screw it. Ritual magic has been further expanded through definition. It is canon. Please señor KJP don't fiat.

So...You where just making it up? Does elemental magic even work as you say it does? Because I have never seen an example of it in game...
I honestly thought I was telling the truth if that's what you mean. Um, I didn't say that Elemental magic worked in any singular way. The way I see it, Elemental magic can be used with Avatar-style bending, traditional element-based spells like you see in tabletop games, and heat creation/destruction (based on description by KJP).

EDIT: KJP, could we get a new, shorter poll? It doesn't have to mean anything but it's better than having to scroll all the way down every time just to read a new post.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 02:19:36 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3046 on: December 31, 2014, 05:22:05 am »

In related news: Bishoujo Fusil in her funny hat:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Alternatively, for sillier hat,

« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 05:31:12 am by Stirk »
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3047 on: December 31, 2014, 06:21:01 am »

Sooooooo much cannon. :D
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #3048 on: December 31, 2014, 07:28:28 am »

80.07: Ban auto-opposals (1-1/14)
+1 from Fusil
0 from 12 others
-1 from Yaos
I see we have got our corruption to the point of having dead people vote.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #3049 on: December 31, 2014, 07:32:41 am »

Voting error: I can only assume muscle memory and the avatar remaining constant. :o

Needless to say, local copy modified.

Andres: Your assumptions are detrimental to your character's planning. This is your only warning (not the punitive-quarreled-too-much kind of warning). ;)

Magic and science: It's all science up until things start contradicting each other/becoming intractable to rational explanation/laws. It's all magic up until things can be understood, obey natural laws, are consistent, and are reproducible.

Alchemy in YG: At least three branches currently exist, frustratingly taking the same name and causing repeated unproductive discussions. The oldest extant branch may have been Yaos' invention, but the others exist independent of this.

Magic in general: I don't think any of you have actually searched for a grand view of what it actually is (at least not before T80, after which I think one did).

Ritual magic as storage tech: I guess that's your new branch, if it fits properly. It doesn't affect the main description, though. The main description takes precedence over individual definitions; I assume you can imagine several delightful scenarios involving [insert nemesis here] and this not being the case.

$$$Responses
$$$
Price check on creating a big city for the Flagellants, made out of emerald and copper.
3-4E
So I'm thinking about making a device with Joha which allows any non-deity to be brought back to life for free. It works by placing a being's body and soul into the machine and then pushing a button. The body must be capable of sustaining life (so old age and decapitated bodies are a no) and the body must be compatible with the soul (either their actual body or a new, custom-crafted body). This machine will work because as goddess of Souls and Blood(Flesh), I have the "physical" requirements necessary for a revival but with Joha's sphere of Life I can actually meld them together properly.

Is it possible to just bring a thing back to life with Joha's help for free WITHOUT the machine?

$$$
Price check on the Joha/Vandire Life Machine
Price check on a moon-sized space battleship with "asteroid-blasters" instead of guns (they work the same, but they're officially tools and as such don't fall under 'weapons') and a "space flashlight" instead of a wave motion gun (same deal, but for the WMG). It does NOT have a more powerful final form in the shape of a humanoid like the old design did. (The one with the final form costs 20-21E.) Also, if it doesn't make it any more expensive, I'd like the asteroid-blasters to be energy-based. They're just as effective as kinetic weapons, it's just a theming thing.
Put things back to life with Joha for free without machine: Depends on plot-relevance (e.g. Free: "Bah, let's resurrect this random hamster and see what happens." Not-free: "I'm bored. Let's resurrect these random dead priests." Expensive: "Oh no! Tykki was crushed and killed by a falling house! Let's resurrect her and hope she doesn't stare at us!"). It's still subject to other issues with the reincarnation system in place, of course.

Life Machine focused on mortals: 7-8E total
Moon-sized spaceship with Kzinti lesson-compliant energy tools/weapons: 15E
Kinetic weapons exploit kinetic energy. Anything going at a relative speed of at least around 3 kilometers per second is at least approximately equivalent to stationary TNT be it a blob of soft clay or a lump of lead. Besides, kinetic weapons are more efficient. ;)

Creating the essence of stasis (price for Cim): 6-10E, dep. on use case

Prices for proposals: I cut a few corners for the predicted less likely proposals and the ones with sufficiently low individual costs by not price checking before bed.

SCO to 1M each: I think it was around 7E? Something similar was checked.
Seraphim to 3M: 5-6E, I think
Attune Seraphim to Ritual.group magic: 4E
Obelisks around Seraphim cities protecting against everything: 10E asymptotic
Integrating obelisks with Khaziraad/Joha: 8E asymptotic total
Living cities: 5E, 3-4E with sufficient assistance

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3050 on: December 31, 2014, 08:25:39 am »

Missed my vote on 79.05 It was Oppose
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3051 on: December 31, 2014, 05:09:06 pm »

Happy New Year guys.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3052 on: December 31, 2014, 06:11:46 pm »

Happy New Year! :))

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3053 on: December 31, 2014, 09:06:05 pm »

$$$
Price check on making a star Void-unholy (like the dust ring)
Price check on making the Bubble Void-unholy

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3054 on: January 01, 2015, 12:42:11 am »

Happy New Year everyone!  :)

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3055 on: January 01, 2015, 04:13:32 pm »

Happy new year

Grauel, we have been on good terms in the past, I believe, and so I will not demand anything. I will ask if you could please...compensate...myself and the others who lost archangels after the Pointless War, as I believe you- Actually, wait a second. While it might have been you on accident with that ash eating thing...in trying to confirm by checking Essence reports around the time...

Quéßäre...you went down an essence from tick 56 to tick 57. Why was that? I can find no record of you spending essence during that time.

That makes me curious, though I find it doubtful I would be able to learn the truth, should you wish to prevent me.

That said...Grauel, I would ask you if you could please try to do something to make up for permanently killing our archangels. I apologize for being forced to suspect you in this manner, but I cannot see who else would have done it, and I do not believe you did it on purpose. But purposefully or not...as an analogy, one does not simply say 'it was an accident' if, while dancing, you punch someone in the face. One apologizes and tries to make up for it. Or if you eat someone's dog without realizing it...

That argument makes perfect sense except for that Grauel is the embodiment of hunger and this would mean him apologizing and compensating someone for eating something. Even with him eating something unintentionally, I'd have to give some serious thought to if doing that works with Grauel's character.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3056 on: January 01, 2015, 04:23:26 pm »

Well, you said earlier that he got pissed at Yaos for constantly trying to eat stuff while he was trying to hold back.

I'm banking on the idea of him not apologizing for eating per se, but for eating someone else's stuff without their permission. I'm not asking him to regurgitate stuff, I'm asking him to take responsibility and do something to try and make up for it, whether it's owing a favor, giving some Essence, or helping make a replacement. He's got lots of Essence he doesn't seem to be doing anything with.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3057 on: January 01, 2015, 05:05:34 pm »

He's got lots of Essence he doesn't seem to be doing anything with.

That's part of the character. That unused essense symbolizes that he's fat.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3058 on: January 01, 2015, 06:52:31 pm »

Whelp, 80 days of daily updates was a good run. A damn good run. Can't wait to see what the new year holds for us. Maybe you can beat your record? ;D

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3059 on: January 01, 2015, 09:57:12 pm »

I think "sclup" has won. What do we do with that knowledge?
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs
Pages: 1 ... 202 203 [204] 205 206 ... 350