Poll

This game is dead!

Hahahahahaha!
- 7 (41.2%)
Nooooooooooo!
- 10 (58.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 350

Author Topic: Ye Gods 1 OOC [21/∞] Talk here  (Read 435845 times)

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods OOC [13/∞] Sign up/talk here
« Reply #315 on: October 19, 2014, 10:43:54 pm »

Wait, we have two pairs of opposites don't we?

Lost in Nowhere

• Bay Watcher
  • AHAHAHAHA~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: October 19, 2014, 10:47:08 pm »

I think so, yes. Order and Chaos, and Light and Night.

You begin with 20 essence, right?
And so I strike, like an unseen dodge ball in an echoing gymnasium!
Another book entitled Start Your Day with Extinction.
Must be the next book in the series after Start Your Day with Death.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: October 19, 2014, 10:47:57 pm »

Yep. four out of thirteen. Fifteen? A really small amount.

Also, yes.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: October 19, 2014, 11:00:26 pm »

If you want to be a nemesis, Lost in Nowhere, just be the god of satisfaction. You'll piss of both ? ? ? because as well as being the god of humans, it's the god of ambition as well. You'll also make an enemy out of the god of hunger because you can't be satisfied and hungry at the same time.
If you do go with that route I suggest you also find another sphere to occupy your time.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: October 19, 2014, 11:18:18 pm »

What am I? Chop liver?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: October 19, 2014, 11:20:36 pm »

What am I? Chop liver?

Well you do have some pieces chopped off of you.

The "God of Satisfaction" just sounds weird in my opinion. Just stick with the "God of Life". If you really wanted an opposite for some reason, you could always oppose the God of Weapons. Our opposites don't really oppose each other anyway, and have never openly fought before, making it really pointless to have an opposite anyway.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #321 on: October 19, 2014, 11:24:08 pm »

Everyone, we need to decide on forms if we want 3.00 to actually do something. How many new species are we making?

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: October 19, 2014, 11:29:27 pm »

Our opposites don't really oppose each other anyway, and have never openly fought before
Yep, that's right. No secret holy wars via PM, no sirree! I most definitely haven't done any secret actions to undermine Varee's influence in the game world. Definitely. Come on, don't give me that look.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: October 19, 2014, 11:33:07 pm »

Yep, that's right. No secret holy wars via PM, no sirree! I most definitely haven't done any secret actions to undermine Varee's influence in the game world. Definitely. Come on, don't give me that look.

What influence? All he has done is make a bunch of random stuff and taught Dragons the Joys of Gambling Addiction. Even then, Varee doesn't seem to care for your attempts. Like I said, you are the only one who seems to care. I am not even sure the god of Light and Night have realized they are opposites yet. Besides, we all have our own secret holy wars, I have been watching all of them closely. Or have I?

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: October 19, 2014, 11:51:11 pm »

see? problem solve .......
also go on with your holy war :P
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #325 on: October 19, 2014, 11:59:11 pm »

On another random tangent, how does everyone feel about the current update schedule? Should I slip in another mini-update or skip the existing one? Should I extend the ticks or shorten them? There's really been little discussion of this, so I'm not sure if it's a good schedule as it is right now.
I'm happy with it. Your one of the fastest GM's I've had. Not sure what forum games Andres has been in but they haven't been the same ones I've been in :P.

The time in between ticks is a bit lengthy but that's clearly only because your constantly doing either mini turns for people or making calculations.

Do whatever you're comfortable with, I don't want you getting burnt out or sick of writing this because we're draining all the life and creativity out of you. If you feel happy doing more, then that's great!
The thing about Ye Gods is that it doesn't drain the GM's creativity. In fact, in Ye Gods, the GM drains your collective creativity. Cue Stock Evil Laugh #01

Seriously, though, I think of myself as just the game back-end in a video game. You the players make interesting content and I just react to them, render them, and determine how much other players get to know for secret stuff. This is my first time actually GMing (tabletop or electronic) and I think you are all fun(ny), interesting players whose stunts keep me reasonably close to sane, happy, and productive.

After some internal debate about specifics, I have decided to join!

Name: Joha
Sphere: Life
Primary form and associated symbol: A downwards-pointing triangle circumscribed around a circle, usually green, or a fox, usually not green.
Description/Background: With all of the creation of life going on, her creation/attraction/etc. couldn't really be avoided. Slow to decide, and very difficult to convince against what she has decided on. Usually.
ACK, any secret goals to declare?

Also, now encouraging a god of death (vs. life), sloth/inutility (vs. weapons), iconoclasm (vs. art), fire (vs. oceans/water), complacence (vs. greed), or jelly rolls (vs. hunger)..

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: October 20, 2014, 12:04:08 am »

Indeed. It's not like we've ever done anything to each other. You know, just because we're the total opposite of each other and the Light sent a giant glowing crab to try to convert my Star Elves to his side. I've done nothing, nothing at all in return. I'm a peaceful god!

...Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go check on the progress of my moon mounted magic Peace Ray.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: October 20, 2014, 12:04:23 am »

Ahahaha, oh how much I would love to see gods of inutility, iconoclasm and jelly rolls!

That seriously made me laugh.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: October 20, 2014, 12:09:13 am »

Indeed. It's not like we've ever done anything to each other. You know, just because we're the total opposite of each other and the Light sent a giant glowing crab to try to convert my Star Elves to his side. I've done nothing, nothing at all in return. I'm a peaceful god!

...Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go check on the progress of my moon mounted magic Peace Ray.

He sent a glowing light crab publicly. It literally did nothing but startle them. Like I said, he forgot you where opposites so much that he sent a glowing crab to convert your people.

(Also, the MMMPR counts as a weapon. Which means I may or may not fully support this decision, and may or may not be willing to help with that in return for being able to use it whenever I feel the need.)

Ahahaha, oh how much I would love to see gods of inutility, iconoclasm and jelly rolls!

I think the god of Jelly Rolls would do fairly well, considering how much the GM seems to reference them....

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: October 20, 2014, 12:14:03 am »

Yeah, it's making me hungry ;).
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 350