Poll

This game is dead!

Hahahahahaha!
- 7 (41.2%)
Nooooooooooo!
- 10 (58.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 350

Author Topic: Ye Gods 1 OOC [21/∞] Talk here  (Read 435854 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods OOC [13/∞] Sign up/talk here
« Reply #345 on: October 20, 2014, 05:12:45 pm »

Sorry for double post but Lost in Nowhere isn't on the second post in the IC thread under the 'Players' spoiler. Just looking at it I also realise I'm not in it either but that's acceptable what with my being technically inactive.
In the last tick, Lost in Nowhere's god is referred to as his player name rather than Joha, the name of the god. His sphere isn't mentioned either.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #346 on: October 20, 2014, 05:28:47 pm »

Whoops! Local copy fixed, 2nd post updated.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #347 on: October 20, 2014, 09:16:33 pm »

So I have a funny story. It's not really that funny, but it's relevant to the voting system.

Short story: So far, I've counted the whole 60% support thing by dividing by the number of active gods. This is was done instead of dividing by the total number of support/oppose assuming at least 50% voted at all, which would have yielded a more accurate display of proposal support or opposition and prevented the formation of a proposal snowball.

In the new and intended system, proposals resolve when the following conditions are met:
  • Over 50% of the active gods voted either support, oppose, or abstain
  • If opposition is non-zero, then over 60% of the votes are support votes or over 60% of the votes are oppose votes
  • If opposition is zero, then over 50% of the votes are support votes or over 50% of the votes are oppose votes

This way, Abstain votes actually work as intended and help make the proposal resolve (whether to pass or to fail) more quickly. An updated proposalog is placed here for critique:

Spoiler: Proposalog (click to show/hide)

If any of you have problems with the new system, please do list them immediately.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: October 20, 2014, 10:35:10 pm »

System looks good to me,

Also, oh god of life, are wood elves just generic elves or do they actually have any innate gifts?
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: October 21, 2014, 04:50:40 am »

On the topic of naming conventions, I stole was inspired by the god Zin from the game Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup. Some character evolution later, the connection lies only in the name anymore.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: October 21, 2014, 05:11:54 am »

Ye Gods. (Har, har.) I'll have to think on this later. Explaining why currency is a good idea is harder than it sounds.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: October 21, 2014, 05:29:02 am »

With the Firstborn Star Elves and the... um, Laterborn Star Elves I kinda expect the first real organized genealogy type things to be made, as probably the firstborn descendents are going to want to keep track of that for bragging rights, as well as using it to claim they should be nobles or kings or such, later on...
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: October 21, 2014, 05:32:23 am »

Ye Gods. (Har, har.) I'll have to think on this later. Explaining why currency is a good idea is harder than it sounds.
Currency in comparison to practical trade goods:
  • Easier to carry and store.
  • Hopefully harder to counterfeit.
  • Value doesn't necessarily depend on who the buyer and seller are.
  • ...which means there is less arbitrage, but it is easier to see and more firm.
  • Never loses value due to spoilage.
  • A service can be given a firm price, including salaries for work.
  • Fluctuations of economy have a baseline to compare to.
  • A person can count his net worth and compare it to that of others. The same for nations and their GNPs.
  • International trade becomes easier as per previous point.
Also, the Mountwyrms are technically already using currency in the form of their shinies that they can't really use for anything other than wanting more of due to their divine alignment.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: October 21, 2014, 05:34:54 am »

I am so tempted to drop eight 'limited edition lunar coins' down there, one for each phase of the moon, and watch them scramble around to try to claim them for their own.
Forenia Forever!

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: October 21, 2014, 05:44:55 am »

I wonder how much the whims of Azem screw with the economy? Such as it. Nobodies even invented the printing press yet and we still have the potential for chronic inflation.

By the way, who thinks the Mountwyrms need a little toughening up in the form of a famine or drought or two?

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: October 21, 2014, 05:49:08 am »

By the way, who thinks the Mountwyrms need a little toughening up in the form of a famine or drought or two?
That wouldn't be good for you, actually. A famine might teach them the value of shinies in comparison to food, leading to them appreciating food more than money, and then gm8181 can jump in with Grauel and profit.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: October 21, 2014, 05:55:08 am »

Rats. Eh...I suppose the Mountwyrms have a certain charm to them.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #357 on: October 21, 2014, 11:27:22 pm »

$$$
A paradise ocean in the spirit dimension.
Actually, and a regular ocean in the spirit world.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #358 on: October 21, 2014, 11:38:50 pm »

$$$Response:
High 0-1 total for an aligned personal partition in the spirit dimension. This is usable as an afterlife or a godly villa of some sort.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: October 21, 2014, 11:54:30 pm »

$$$
Ripping out a portion of the currently empty spirit world and making it into a custom afterlife for my followers.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 350