Poll

This game is dead!

Hahahahahaha!
- 7 (41.2%)
Nooooooooooo!
- 10 (58.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 350

Author Topic: Ye Gods 1 OOC [21/∞] Talk here  (Read 435852 times)

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods OOC [13/∞] Sign up/talk here
« Reply #255 on: October 18, 2014, 01:24:40 am »

I think one on one adventure should be in pm as it cause alot of clutter in the thread
I like reading them. The game needs more of that type of fluff in my opinion. Adds to the feel of the universe.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: October 18, 2014, 05:46:11 am »

Is it possible to consume a god whose sphere is similar to your own? For example as god of humans, is it possible for me to eat a sufficiently weak god of vampires and therefore become god of vampires as well as of humans?

Idea for any potential God of Vampires: vampires must pray to you or else be burned by the sun. Not to trump my own horn here but that would be an excellent way to combine this game with classic vampire mythology.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 05:49:35 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: October 18, 2014, 12:06:30 pm »

For 03.00, the point of Essence is supposed to be a donation, not a mere pledge for payment. Everyone in the Council will regardless pay for it, after all.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #258 on: October 18, 2014, 02:10:27 pm »

Is it possible to consume a god whose sphere is similar to your own? For example as god of humans, is it possible for me to eat a sufficiently weak god of vampires and therefore become god of vampires as well as of humans?

Idea for any potential God of Vampires: vampires must pray to you or else be burned by the sun. Not to trump my own horn here but that would be an excellent way to combine this game with classic vampire mythology.
Yes, but only on the god's death. For the second bit, a hypothetical god of vampires could easily do that, but a hypothetical sun-god might make it even worse for the ones who neglected to pray. RPing in this case will lead to the most interesting resolution, probably.

For 03.00, the point of Essence is supposed to be a donation, not a mere pledge for payment. Everyone in the Council will regardless pay for it, after all.
The local list has been updated. Your pledge is now a donation.

Also, are you all close to resolution yet? This proposal seems to be showcasing the main weaknesses of democracy (specifically, this form of it) too nicely. ;)

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: October 18, 2014, 02:39:06 pm »

Also, are you all close to resolution yet? This proposal seems to be showcasing the main weaknesses of democracy (specifically, this form of it) too nicely. ;)
Considering the god game format is basically a politics/diplomacy simulation, this isn't surprising. I can think of many examples on what we can learn from this and a prediction on how this game will go, but they would be very flamebait-y.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: October 18, 2014, 06:05:00 pm »

Since it looks like I'm going to be awakened soon I wanted to ask you guys: would you rather me be a non-void Satan type god or just a regular god like you guys? I may end up not going with the majority decision but it would be nice to know what everyone else thinks.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

MedicInDisquise

• Bay Watcher
  • Disappointment Incarnate
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: October 18, 2014, 06:50:27 pm »

Be a regular god. A specific antagonist might ruin the espionage/worldbuilding part of the game, but then again it may not. (Satan/God is a perfect example of a specific antagonist not ruining the espionage aspect.)
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: October 18, 2014, 09:39:07 pm »

Since it looks like I'm going to be awakened soon I wanted to ask you guys: would you rather me be a non-void Satan type god or just a regular god like you guys? I may end up not going with the majority decision but it would be nice to know what everyone else thinks.

As a fair warning, if you end up Satany or ruling vampires or whatever, I will kill you. Wipe out all your servents, push you into the void, and laugh as the last of your evil essence drains away. You know I will, too. Fusil does not appreciate evil tainting his perfect followers, or putting them in any kind of danger.

Be a regular god. A specific antagonist might ruin the espionage/worldbuilding part of the game, but then again it may not. (Satan/God is a perfect example of a specific antagonist not ruining the espionage aspect.)

Espionage? What espionage are you talking about?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: October 18, 2014, 09:46:12 pm »

wait am confuse
<3 000 000 000 mortals 8

we got like 16 essense for 3.00 so that mean we can make like trillion of mortal?

Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: October 18, 2014, 09:49:25 pm »

As a fair warning, if you end up Satany or ruling vampires or whatever, I will kill you. Wipe out all your servents, push you into the void, and laugh as the last of your evil essence drains away. You know I will, too. Fusil does not appreciate evil tainting his perfect followers, or putting them in any kind of danger.
Who said anything about vampires? I'm the God of Humans - not vampires. Then again, maybe vampires are a type of human...... nah. Neanderthals and stuff totally are though. Don't make neanderthals please.

Actually, back to our original discussion of who would beat who in a fight, it was concluded that no army would be able to beat Tykki because any weapons they use could simply be made inert by Fusil. What if they used magic though? Your sphere doesn't cover magical attacks and such. An army of 10,000 fire mages should conceivably kill an archangel without a sphere in magic or fire. I WIN. HAIL HUMANITY.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: October 18, 2014, 09:55:37 pm »

Who said anything about vampires? I'm the God of Humans - not vampires. Then again, maybe vampires are a type of human...... nah. Neanderthals and stuff totally are though. Don't make neanderthals please.

I could have sworn you had mentioned vampires at one point.

Actually, back to our original discussion of who would beat who in a fight, it was concluded that no army would be able to beat Tykki because any weapons they use could simply be made inert by Fusil. What if they used magic though? Your sphere doesn't cover magical attacks and such. An army of 10,000 fire mages should conceivably kill an archangel without a sphere in magic or fire. I WIN. HAIL HUMANITY.

1. Tykki has been upgraded with invulnerability. Nothing can kill her now.
2. Again, it is math time. 7 essence=3 million humans. 7/3 million =0.00000233333. 0.00000233333 essence for one human. 0.00000233333*10,000=0.0233333. Do you think a 0.0233333 essence worth of humans could beat Tykki?
3. Angels still don't have spheres  ::)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: October 18, 2014, 10:21:28 pm »

I could have sworn you had mentioned vampires at one point.
Well I mentioned eating a god of vampires and gaining his sphere, but I never said I already was a god of vampires...

1. Tykki has been upgraded with invulnerability. Nothing can kill her now.
2. Again, it is math time. 7 essence=3 million humans. 7/3 million =0.00000233333. 0.00000233333 essence for one human. 0.00000233333*10,000=0.0233333. Do you think a 0.0233333 essence worth of humans could beat Tykki?
3. Angels still don't have spheres  ::)
1. Fuck
2. FUCK FUCK FUCK
3. YOU YES THEY DO

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: October 18, 2014, 10:32:07 pm »

Well I mentioned eating a god of vampires and gaining his sphere, but I never said I already was a god of vampires...

My secondary sphere is the god of Reasonable Paranoia. You suggested it, it is on your mind, you are going to be making vampires and I will have to put you down just like Abe Lincoln did with his good ol' republican silver bullets.

1. ****
2. **************
3. YOU YES THEY DO

What exactly does that mean?  :-\

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: October 18, 2014, 10:33:21 pm »

the other thing though, mortal creation is cheaper in enmass, by you logic creating 300 mortal take 2 essense -> 10,000 mage = 66.67 essense ..... so that math is not working out too well for you .....
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: October 18, 2014, 10:41:26 pm »

Can I claim trade my secondary sphere?
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 350