Poll

This game is dead!

Hahahahahaha!
- 7 (41.2%)
Nooooooooooo!
- 10 (58.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 350

Author Topic: Ye Gods 1 OOC [21/∞] Talk here  (Read 435815 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods OOC [13/∞] Sign up/talk here
« Reply #270 on: October 18, 2014, 10:50:05 pm »

the other thing though, mortal creation is cheaper in enmass, by you logic creating 300 mortal take 2 essense -> 10,000 mage = 66.67 essense ..... so that math is not working out too well for you .....

8) *Takes off glasses*  :o Mother of god....

That is an excellent point. However, on the other hand, while beings get cheaper in mass they also get more expensive the more powerful they are. The fact Tykki is a powerful and expensive means that she will naturally outclass mortals of much less the cost, especially such a small number of them.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: October 18, 2014, 10:54:22 pm »

Well I mentioned eating a god of vampires and gaining his sphere, but I never said I already was a god of vampires...

My secondary sphere is the god of Reasonable Paranoia. You suggested it, it is on your mind, you are going to be making vampires and I will have to put you down just like Abe Lincoln did with his good ol' republican silver bullets.
IDEA! Any humans who fail to worship me get sun sickness. If a new player pops in and wants to become a god of vampires, he can be born as a result of this curse and transform them into proper vampires. This'll take the classic vampires vs humans story and escalate it to diving level! Damn I am good at merging these mythologies!

1. ****
2. **************
3. YOU YES THEY DO

What exactly does that mean?  :-\
1. Oh, I guess I wouldn't win after all.
2. I REALLY WOULDN'T WIN AFTER ALL!
3. A clever way to reject your opinion by acting as if the previous two counterpoints were made as a setup to the third.

the other thing though, mortal creation is cheaper in enmass, by you logic creating 300 mortal take 2 essense -> 10,000 mage = 66.67 essense ..... so that math is not working out too well for you .....
HAHA! SEE? I WIN FUSIL! I WIN! MY 10,000 SHADOW MAGES WILL BANISH YOUR PUNY MINION TO THE SHADOW REALM! HAIL HUMANITY!

EDIT: Ninja'd
That is an excellent point. However, on the other hand, while beings get cheaper in mass they also get more expensive the more powerful they are. The fact Tykki is a powerful and expensive means that she will naturally outclass mortals of much less the cost, especially such a small number of them.
Oh sure she'll outclass individual mortals. She can outclass hundreds of mortals. But she can't outclass an army of 10,000 shadow mages empowered by the Angel-Emperor of Mankind AND the God of Humans.

EDIT2: A while ago I thought that putting more Essence into an angel would make it more powerful but Kilojoule said that that would be like a trillion jelly rolls actively fighting a humanoid. The humanoid would win. I countered by saying that they could passively win by dropping them on the humanoid and that I needed to apply that lesson to my angel. I couldn't figure out a way so I needed a third option. Magic was that third option. Thanks for empowering said option, Varee.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 11:02:54 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: October 18, 2014, 10:58:53 pm »

*Azem creates the largest army the worlds have ever seen by offering his soldiers ridiculously high wages.*

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: October 18, 2014, 11:01:15 pm »

You two are funny. So much speculation, I wonder what it will amount to. ???
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: October 18, 2014, 11:04:38 pm »

*Azem creates the largest army the worlds have ever seen by offering his soldiers ridiculously high wages.*
*If the army is made of humans, ? ? ? turns them to its side by offering an afterlife and threatening them with allergy to air, the sun, and weapons. They still need the first to survive, by the way.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 11:06:56 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: October 18, 2014, 11:08:30 pm »

Oh sure she'll outclass individual mortals. She can outclass hundreds of mortals. But she can't outclass an army of 10,000 shadow mages empowered by the Angel-Emperor of Mankind AND the God of Humans.

Yes. She is invulnerable, the "Shadow Realm" was added in the Japanese translation of this forum, and aside from that has the ability to jump back. 10,000 is a really, really small number of mortals, you are fooling yourself to even pretend they are on the same level as the Angel of Arms.

IDEA! Any humans who fail to worship me get sun sickness. If a new player pops in and wants to become a god of vampires, he can be born as a result of this curse and transform them into proper vampires. This'll take the classic vampires vs humans story and escalate it to diving level! Damn I am good at merging these mythologies!

Nobody wants to be the god of vampires. Being the god of humans was foolish enough, when nobody seemed to want to make any. Aside from that, the current human design would mean that you would have to let them worship who they want. Of course you could force them to worship you as the god of humans using essence, but then you would make all the gods who donated angry. And you are the easiest god to kill, your existence is tied with a small group of mortals. One holy nuclear bomb, and your only source of essence and influence is erased. Heck, if someone just subtly messed with the reincarnation system to make humans come back as the Star Elves or something, you would die in just a few ticks.

*The world has yet to see an army, and has less than ten thousand mortals, making this less than impressive. I could still beat it...

You two are funny. So much speculation, I wonder what it will amount to. ???

Absolutely nothing. I would save all my good ideas just in case we really do have to fight. While he is amassing an army, I would be doing something like having Tykki somehow direct all the unholy eldrich energies at the humans, which would apparently mutate them enough to no longer be called humans. Probably would cost a lot of essence, but would be a lot more interesting then just wiping out his front line troops.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: October 18, 2014, 11:27:29 pm »

Nobody wants to be the god of vampires. Being the god of humans was foolish enough, when nobody seemed to want to make any. Aside from that, the current human design would mean that you would have to let them worship who they want. Of course you could force them to worship you as the god of humans using essence, but then you would make all the gods who donated angry. And you are the easiest god to kill, your existence is tied with a small group of mortals. One holy nuclear bomb, and your only source of essence and influence is erased. Heck, if someone just subtly messed with the reincarnation system to make humans come back as the Star Elves or something, you would die in just a few ticks.
I picked god of humans because humans were an inevitability and I thought playing as a protector deity would be fun. I'm also the god of ambition in any case. I'll just let that sink in...

*The world has yet to see an army, and has less than ten thousand mortals, making this less than impressive. I could still beat it...
? ? ? joins forces with Azem to supercharge the humans and defeat Fusil together! Don't you know that friendship beats advanced super-weapons any day of the week?

I would be doing something like having Tykki somehow direct all the unholy eldrich energies at the humans, which would apparently mutate them enough to no longer be called humans.
Actually, my sphere is humans - not homo sapiens sapiens. If they mutated to neanderthals, they'd still be under my sphere because their primitive humans. If they grew wings, they'd be under my sphere because they're winged humans (Avian-American is the politically correct term). If they're mutated in such a way that their hair turns yellow, their eyes blue, and gain a x50 increase in power, they're still in my sphere because they're Super Humans.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: October 18, 2014, 11:30:56 pm »

Oh, and any army Azem fields would probably be mostly comprised of Mountwyrms and Gem Dragons. For obvious reasons.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: October 18, 2014, 11:32:52 pm »

Dragons > Weapons if I remember correctly.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #279 on: October 18, 2014, 11:34:30 pm »

I feel I have to call time out. Quit bickering on this thread, we have a probably way more active RTD forum if you need an outlet for boredom and competition.

Can I claim trade my secondary sphere?
Yes, updated.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: October 18, 2014, 11:55:30 pm »

Gm i want to know how many mortal is the 16 essence in 3.00 gonna create?
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #281 on: October 19, 2014, 12:17:34 am »

I don't know. How many different types of mortals are there and what enhancements/disadvantages do they have? Prototyping a creation costs far more than propagating it.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #282 on: October 19, 2014, 01:04:23 am »

$$$Response
$$$$Price check!
How much would creating an asteroid belt cost? Or a gas giant? Or moons for a gas giant? Or a new normal livable planet? Probably more then any one god can afford, but worth asking...
Our own asteroid belt weighs about a 4% of our Moon, so that should make it substantially cheaper. I shall assume the belt is close enough to your sphere to be aligned (pun somewhere in there?).

Asteroid belt: Low 3-4

Depending on size, a gas giant can be on the order of 10x Earth's mass to upwards of several hundred. Since this is not a hard sci-fi conworld (and you are gods), I permit difficult-to-justify life-forms. They will also be assumed to be aligned.
Gas giant (Neptune-sized) (aligned): Low 8-9
Gas giant (Jupiter-sized) (aligned): High 8-9

Normal Earth-like planet (aligned): High 7-8
The old price was for an unaligned Earth-like planet.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: October 19, 2014, 02:55:10 am »

How much for moons of a gas giant?
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Ambidextrous

• Bay Watcher
  • Actually no, not really.
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: October 19, 2014, 03:08:26 am »

Is there a list of all the features (not just the Skyfeatures) that each world has?
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 350