Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 52

Author Topic: City of Aretrian - IC Thread  (Read 58762 times)

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
Re: City of Aretrian - IC Thread
« Reply #255 on: December 05, 2014, 03:50:19 pm »

The party sets off for the office from which they accepted the job; a simple place nestled in one of the more respectable areas. It's a bit of a walk, but not terrible. Walking in, you're hit by the smell of ink. A number of workers sit at a long desk, separating them from the clients. You have a feeling there's also some weaponry on their side, for when the people get a little impatient. None of them resemble your traitor.
You join one of the shorter queues, and thankfully, you reach the attendant before too long. It is still incredibly boring, however. The man on the other side speaks in a monotone, clearly very bored, and at a pace that makes molasses seem like quicksilver.
"Hello. How are you. What can I do for you?"
The final question seems more like a statement than a question. Osirio explains they want their bounty, placing a few kobold fingers on the desk.
"Very well. One moment while I get the proper paperwork."
What feels like an eon passes while he disappears into a room in the back before he finally returns. He hands you the form, along with a quill and more of the ink, the smell of which has almost become sickening. Writing quickly, he signs the name of each, along with some relevant details to Ithy's "death". The whole process takes a solid five minutes while you become even more sick of the smell of ink. Finally, mercifully, the attendant takes the form from you. Osirio reaches out momentarily, expecting the worker to hand him the gold, only for him to instead disappear into the back room once more. A few more wasted minutes later, and finally he presses the small pouch of gold into your hands; 100 gold pieces, twenty for each "living" party and about enough to cover Ithy's burial costs, were there any actual costs to pay.
You step outside, finally free of that damnable smell. You never want to see an inkwell again.

Ithy, throughout this whole ordeal, sees nothing of note outside. It would seem that your Gerald Rath is not present at the offices tonight.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: December 05, 2014, 04:47:08 pm »

Ava had abandoned the line after a short while, stalkingvto sit against the side of the room and closing her eyes, seemingly asleep. When the damn wait was finally over she rose and walked outside.

She stretched sinously, her muscles cracking like breaking timber, and her stomach rumbled.
"Are ve done zhere? "

She still hadn't eaten.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: December 05, 2014, 05:10:31 pm »

"I know of an inn that cooks particularly good... meat. I think. It's not far..."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: December 05, 2014, 05:21:53 pm »

Ava shrugged.
"I have eaten volf meat raw from zhe beast. I am not fussy."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: December 06, 2014, 02:25:18 am »

"Unless it's spicy, like. Let's go?"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: December 06, 2014, 09:59:51 am »

"Ah, sure. I suppose we'll have to deal with this problem another day..."

Action: Time for rest!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: December 06, 2014, 10:33:47 am »

"I could use a rest as well..."

Action: Rest
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: December 06, 2014, 03:55:07 pm »

Yes! Lead the lads to have a nice calm relaxing meal at the Bludletters Buut! And a sleep.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: December 06, 2014, 04:05:56 pm »

It's a bit of a trek to get there, but before too long, the party arrives at the Bludleter's Buut. Night has fallen, and the wind has turned frigid, but as you open the doors, you feel the warmth of the hearth almost immediately. The reception, however, is less warm. Several glare at Ari as he enters, and even begin moving to rough him up, but as Ava enters the inn, most decide that would be a bad idea. One pair doesn't seem to agree, but they would appear to be far to drunk to even stand. A large orc stands behind the counter, with a battleaxe on it in front of him. He's looking over a slim book (You think you recognize it; it's popular for teaching small children to read), only glancing up to look the party over. Evidently satisfied, he gives a small grunt.
You request a room and a meal. He nods, writes something in all but illegible handwriting on a scrap of paper, shouts something in Orcish to the room behind him (Evidently a kitchen of sorts), and requests two silver a person.

Do you wish to do anything else before retiring to your rooms?

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: December 06, 2014, 04:21:36 pm »

"I wonder if they have a poetry hour here. Not that I remember. Drink?"

Buy my companions a pint of choicest ale each, and maybe try to listen a bit to see if anyone around us is talking about anything interesting. Look about - are there any performers here tonight?

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: December 06, 2014, 04:31:19 pm »

"I wonder if they have a poetry hour here. Not that I remember. Drink?"

Buy my companions a pint of choicest ale each, and maybe try to listen a bit to see if anyone around us is talking about anything interesting. Look about - are there any performers here tonight?
You buy each of the party one pint of their finest brews - called Silkcap Ale - costing a total of five silver. There aren't any performers just yet, but according to a sign posted on a wall, an Orcish tribal music group should be arriving soon. You've heard tales that more often than not, such groups tend to double as an easy way to arrange meetings between partners in crime. You don't recognize the band billed on the sign, however.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: December 06, 2014, 04:43:39 pm »

Scoffing at the booze Culpa whispers, with no true attempt at subtlety, "You didn't mention there'd be orcs here. Especially not the owners. Bah." Culpa shoved the booze towards Ari "Here, you seemed eager to get your pints. Have mine. I don't want anything from a damned orc."
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: December 06, 2014, 06:02:55 pm »

Ava dropped her silver on the bar and began to eat her meal, ripping at it with teeth and hand, more like a ravenous beast than a person. When she was done, she swiped a chunk of Ari's and turned to talk to Osirio, ignoring her priestly companion.

"So vhat is our plan? I hammer, but you vhink."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: December 07, 2014, 02:07:15 am »

"And I drink, hoho," said Ari, ignoring the insult of a refused drink and happily taking it back. He quite fancied something salty to go with it. It was handy, at least for Ava, he thought, that an Orcish portion should be roughly three times larger than his stomach... At least gnomes were famous for the size of their livers.

"How about, for a plan, we all nicely trot offf to bed and rest for tomorrow before anyone causes any problems? I am referring to the musical ensemble due to arrive shortly, of course."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: December 08, 2014, 09:29:00 am »

"So vhat is our plan? I hammer, but you vhink."

Osirio seems to be enjoying the salted nuts, but that's all. At least he hopes they are nuts.

"At this moment? Wait for Ithys to return with the hopeful news we are not being watched or followed tonight. I don't fancy being stabbed in my sleep.

Afterwards, Osirio is going to a bathhouse to clean up nicely, then a show-he hears the Aretrian Symphony Opera is to be putting on the 11th Imperial Symphony of Bachevalius. He is hoping to find some refined, ah, company as it were.

You should come! Do you enjoy music?"
He says, nudging her shoulder, thinking she could certainly do with some refinement.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 52