Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 52

Author Topic: City of Aretrian - IC Thread  (Read 58729 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: City of Aretrian - IC Thread
« Reply #240 on: December 03, 2014, 09:34:03 am »

Osirio nods. But, he was interested. It was an intriguing story. Or the Kobold was an excellent liar.

Kobold politics...he knews the Avalanche was keen to crush this one, but perhaps...well, he was willing to let some things go, but he couldn't have Ava crushing every possible ally. The Kobolds were at least some part of unraveling the demon conspiracy, which he was sure they had been unwittingly entangled in. If they did not use their cunning in this manner, they were all like to feed the crows, sooner rather than later.

"Perhaps, we can work out an accommodation. Allow me a moment to speak to my men." Osi said kindly.

He turns to his friends. He makes no effort to mask his voice, to the Kobolds undoubtedly sharp ears.

"Osirio has a thought. The head of this Taraka would be a mighty prize. Having friends in the undercroft would be a greater one. It may even allow us to find out more about this conspiracy-of which, I remind you, we are now an unwilling part of-it occurs to me a mighty odd coincidence that a new king of the Kobolds rises, and has a connection to the man who betrayed us. The enemy of my enemy is my friend, after all...what do all of you think of exploring this possibility further?" He asks, the spirit of Democracy.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: December 03, 2014, 10:08:06 am »

"Killing an unwilling opponent doesn't sit quite right with me yet. Besides, we don't know much about the enemy.... We should probably make use of what we have been given. Whatever it takes to help stop this demon."
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: December 03, 2014, 11:10:40 am »

"I am not master of strategy. But I dislike leaving voes alive. I zay ve crush zhis one. If ve kill zhem all, zhen zhere is no threat. Ve can cut knowledge out of zhis one and leave his corpse for zhe vorms. Offer a quick death if he talks. A slow if he does not."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: December 03, 2014, 11:34:29 am »

Osirio shrugs.

"You can't kill everyone, Ava. No matter how hard you try. A man must be ready to lower his weapon and make a common cause, or he will surely drown under the weight of his enemies, alone and encircled.

I thought you would have learned that lesson long ago-when I saved you in that pit, in the snow. A few chosen words amongst those men and instead of killing each other, you might have stormed the walls and killed the cultists together-instead you provided the entertainment by butchering one another. If I had chosen to fight all the cultists instead of bargaining for your release, we would have both died. Think about that, Ava. Not every problem can be solved with that hammer of yours, or my guisarme...there is a time for words, and a time for deed. If we make him an ally, then he's not a foe anymore, is he? At worst, a single Kobold remains alive, but that's a small price to pay if something comes of it.

And, we do need allies-we cannot afford to be careless any longer, Ava-when we found that note, it meant that we are now in a game of thrones, where pieces must be moved, and actions pondered. A misstep will mean all our deaths."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: December 03, 2014, 01:22:13 pm »

"I am happy to follow your suggestion, Captain. What is your suggestion? Slay the new king to make friends with the friends of the old king? Ari is wondering if he didn't pay attention enough whilst thinking of the drinking."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: December 03, 2014, 01:31:08 pm »

"Slay a king and make our own king, is my idea."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: December 03, 2014, 01:49:54 pm »

"Aha. Now, seeing, I approve more."

Ari turns to the wretch and speaks in Draconic.

"Who should be king, then?"

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: December 03, 2014, 02:05:42 pm »

The kobold replies in Draconic as well.
"Opali is Garu's heir; but should he be dead, the throne rightfully goes to the sister, Rul. But I doubt you will let them take it. I only ask Taraka is killed, and with luck, the heirs are safe."
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: December 03, 2014, 02:19:10 pm »

Ava frowned underneath her scarf. hi
"I follow you, of course, until either my death or yours.

I doubt the trustworthiness of the rat-dragon. Minutes ago it vas trying to kill us."

Avalanche was not, in her nature, particularly subtle. In the north, it was simpler. Someone tried to kill you, and you tried to kill them back. Someone died, and the matter was settled. When she raided caravans, she simply killed those who attacked her and those who ran she ignored.

Ava had never learned any notions of honour - or even, in fact really knew what it was - but leaving someone who attacked her alive rankled it, and those with a keen eye could see it in her otherwise neutral body language. Still, she was following Osirio. He understood all this treacherous ground.

At the conversation in draconic she shot a glance at the kobold and Ari.
"Speak in common, not vyrmtongue. I do not understand vyrmspeech."
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 04:18:32 pm by GiglameshDespair »

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: December 03, 2014, 04:16:22 pm »

"We should rest until the tomorrow, keep this kobold secure until the tomorrow, and then slay this usurper king, then. I know a particularly good inn around here... Oh, and perhaps tomorrow I should acquire a sling, or crossbow, or something. I seemed to mislay my bow at about the time I mislaid my steady hands."

When the time comes, lead as many of my comrades as possible to The Blodleter's Buut. There drink ale, and get a bed.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: December 03, 2014, 05:57:24 pm »

Spoiler: Elven (click to show/hide)
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: December 04, 2014, 06:12:03 pm »

"I do not know much of Taraka's hold, but I do know some. I can help with attacking, should you need it."
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: December 05, 2014, 11:35:53 am »

Osirio turns to the Kobold.

"You will do as you will. Take this offer to your heir, if you should find them-we will help one gain a throne, for a price to be agreed on.

If you do agree so, drop a written message upon this spot, a note hidden under a white rock-preferably you do so at night. One of mine will retrieve it, and mayhaps we will answer upon the following night. We may meet and speak and debate. Perhaps this will be so."

With that, he cut the Kobolds bonds.

"Now, my friends.

Let's us go get paid."
Osirio says, with a smile.

"Remember-assuming the man who sent us betrayed us, he cannot know that we know that he knows that we know that he betrayed us...or something like that.

Nor can he move against us, at least in public-too many questions, for a man who must needs summon a demon must not gain attention to himself. Let us go get out money-and see what he does. His reaction will be most amusing."

Osirio turns to Ithys with a look of mock sympathy.

"Oh, and I'm sorry my dear, but you died most tragically in the Undercroft-I think a spear through the head, most gruesome. Only a ghost stalks us now, alas-one who follows unseen, watches for the watchers, and follows those who might follow us. Don't worry, we will still insist on your share, for your proper burial.

Is this one understanding Osirio?"
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 11:38:04 am by Dwarmin »

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: December 05, 2014, 01:33:07 pm »

Ava assisted the kobold up with a yank of rather more force than necessary, depositing the rat0dragon on its feet. She stared at the kobold for a long moment, hands gripping its shoulders. The message in her gaze was clear.

Finally, she released the kobold with a light push, turning away from it.

"Zhen lead on, Osirio."

Follow Osirio

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: December 05, 2014, 02:07:18 pm »

Follow as well
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 52