Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Armed conflicts: Photos, videos, articles  (Read 7746 times)

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
Re: Armed conflicts: Photos, videos, articles
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2014, 04:02:17 am »

A skirmish between Novorossiyan and Ukrainian troops in the village of Nikishino, as recorded from Novorossiya's side, 18.10.2014 (part 1, part 2)

On an unrelated note - Bosnian propaganda music video shot during the war in Bosnia, early 1990s.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2014, 07:16:47 am »

PTW, ought to be interesting.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2014, 05:37:55 pm »

I shall be PTWing this and intend to conriboot later.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2014, 07:52:01 pm »

Was organizing pictures I had saved while back and found this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Continuation War era anti-tank weapon and it's gunner (as far as I can tell, I might be wrong), posing with a no-fucks-given face.
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2014, 08:23:01 pm »

So that's what Strangelove did before becoming the President's advisor!
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 04:01:54 pm by Guardian G.I. »
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
and that is terrible
Sigtext

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2014, 04:06:21 pm »

ptw from phone
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2014, 04:21:13 pm »

A commentor pointed out that they took cover on the wrong side of the road - is that true? I am not tactics savvy enough to tell.
The Bay12 postcard club

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2014, 04:34:22 pm »

I only have 2 war photos in my possession, and only one of them is of a quality worth putting on the internet.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Now, some back-story. My Grandfather is in this image, along with 2 unidentified soldiers who all formed part of the 11th Armoured Division. My Grandad led a Bofors gun team, and he served in Operation Overlord and Market Garden.  The image has, on its rear in his handwriting, the date of 15th April 1945, and a location - Celle. Celle is in Saxony, and was the town that housed the Bergen-Belsen concentration camp, liberated on that very date.
This is a blank sig.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2014, 04:39:46 pm »

It's really weird watching that war video. A guy is shot (twice I'd say) at 2:16. Fuck I hope I never have to live this kind of shit.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2014, 04:51:35 pm »

It looks like two of them go down. Our cameraguy sits behind those cement things for awhile, then gets up and starts moving in the other direction. It cuts ahead, but I think they made their retreat. What is that tank doing though? It just drives by, sits for a little bit, then keeps going on down the road.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2014, 04:54:30 pm »

It looks like two of them go down. Our cameraguy sits behind those cement things for awhile, then gets up and starts moving in the other direction. It cuts ahead, but I think they made their retreat. What is that tank doing though? It just drives by, sits for a little bit, then keeps going on down the road.

2 are definitely hit, fatally by the looks of it, by pretty large calibre heavy fire. Possibly even 3 of them. The APC is probably moving forward to troops we can not even see to help them out.
This is a blank sig.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 05:39:02 pm by Guardian G.I. »
and that is terrible
Sigtext
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4