Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Armed conflicts: Photos, videos, articles  (Read 7737 times)

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
Re: Armed conflicts: Photos, videos, articles
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2014, 07:59:06 pm »

The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2015, 12:42:32 pm »

It's a shame this thread is so inactive.

The 4th thread about Russia and Ukraine is over, consumed by flaming, but for a topic which was extremely flammable years before the war, it's not usual. The war, however, is not. A lot of various footage was released since then. I used to upload them in the Russia thread, but now it's locked and I don't want to spam the Europol thread. That's why I'm necroing this thread.

Most of the footage was shot by Novorossiyan troops. Ukrainians don't make many photos and videos these days, because their enemies apparently geolocate the Ukrainian positions from their combat footage. Most of the footage was shamelessly stolen from Novorossiya's Colonel Cassad.

Photos:
Spoiler: Locals (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ukrainian soldiers (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Armour in position (click to show/hide)

Videos:
NAF fighting in Uglegorsk (english subs, courtesy of Novorossiya's supporter Kazzura).
Novorossiyan troops on the frontline near Debaltsevo, some helmet cam footage is present, 23.01.2014 (english subs)
Ruins of Uglegorsk.
Same thing, shot by a resident of Uglegorsk.
NAF howitzers at work.
A Ukrainian self propelled gun.
Ukrainian troopers rest at a gas station in Debaltsevo.
The frontline near Debaltsevo, video shot from the Ukrainian side.
Destroyed NAF tanks near Debaltsevo.
A Ukrainian IFV in action.
Serbs fighting in the Novorossiyan army.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 12:45:17 pm by Guardian G.I. »
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Vilanat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2015, 09:37:25 am »

The soviet mass building style is so darn ugly in those photos, that even without war and carnage i'd feel sorry for the people.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2015, 05:31:03 am »

The soviet mass building style is so darn ugly in those photos, that even without war and carnage i'd feel sorry for the people.
Prefab buildings like these were snow white immediately after construction. Due to poor maintenance, they have dilapidated to the current state. In some post-Soviet countries they are renovated, in some they are not, due to a lack of funds.
This, this, this, this, this and this is also Soviet architecture, by the way.

Enough about architecture, here are some more photos and videos from Ukraine.

Photos:
Spoiler: Ukrainian soldiers (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ukrainian vehicles (click to show/hide)

Videos:
Massive explosion in Eastern Donetsk - Novorossiyan sources claim a Ukrainian Tochka-U missile hit the local chemical factory, Ukrainian sources claim it was an explosion at a NAF ammo stockpile.
NAF soldiers under fire near Sanzharovka
NAF footage of the battle near Chernukhino.
NAF medics at the frontline.
After dodging Ukrainian artillery strikes in Donetsk, pro-Novorossiyan British journalist Graham Philips is sitting directly at the frontline.
Novorossiyan Grad rocket artillery at work.
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2015, 05:37:49 am »

Speaking of Soviet Architecture, I really liked that buiding in Tbilisi that hosted the Central Electoral Commission:

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

wobbly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2015, 05:41:24 am »

Lego!

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2015, 06:19:29 am »

and that is terrible
Sigtext

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2015, 07:01:20 am »

Dunno why I didn't ptw this topic before, probably because I can't contribute much.

Still, here's something from Ukraine, just few days old:

Mother films shelling nearing apartment

Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2015, 07:05:14 am »

Before the conspiracy theories start: It's clearly visible that the license plate is only a short-term, not a regular one and was only valid until the 13th of September, 2011.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2015, 07:09:54 am »

Huh. Why would they put an out-of-date license plate on an armored vehicle anyways? Especially a foreign one.  ???

Also, forgot to add - thanks Guardian G.I for contributing massively to this topic, even if (or especially because) the videos can be pretty brutal.
Also thanks to everyone else, of course. Sharing videos and pictures from armed conflicts is not an easy thing to do. At least for me.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2015, 07:58:56 am »

My guess is that this temporary plate was put on the Tank back in 2011 (maybe it went for exercise in Germany?) and they just forgot to take it off.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2015, 08:12:31 am »

Nope - a ZEIT article has come out giving some more details: The license plate wass issued to a Ukrainian guy back in 2011 for a truck. And the authorities are handling this in a thoroughly German manner: The district in question, Borken, has already released a statement that since the license plate is no longer valid there will be no fine.
The Bay12 postcard club
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4