Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 316 317 [318] 319 320 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 640170 times)

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [14+/999 players] IC: T80: The Fires of Participation
« Reply #4755 on: December 30, 2014, 12:18:34 pm »

KI'Tork magically examines the Sick Ogre.

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4756 on: December 30, 2014, 12:31:11 pm »

"Anyone else hear Fusil's wearing a fedora?"

Approve 79.04
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #4757 on: December 30, 2014, 02:23:05 pm »

"We offer up this holy one, rendered by flame to dust once more."
"Is it true that I can play cards with you if I die?"
"What is the way of dust?"
Awe, thank you!
What do they mean by holy one?

Almost! You can play cards before you die...

The way of dust is realizing that everything was once dust, and will return to it eventually. You must not fear this, for it is the way of the world.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4758 on: December 30, 2014, 03:51:07 pm »

((As long as I don't go Dormant, you're damn right I do))

Darruth currently harbors a cold anger for the death of his first Arkanjel, and is pretty damn sure it was Grauel that did it, on purpose or not.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4759 on: December 30, 2014, 04:53:59 pm »

"Perhaps if I can demonstrate enough evil, the cycle will break and my life will truly have meaning. What do you think of this?"
"You could just be good and worship me. I have an afterlife where people can stay as long as they want and can reincarnate whenever they want. The other gods also have afterlives but if I'm reading this records right it seems that reincarnation in them is inevitable."

Malakath has authorized payment for those already in ISAY, sparking the invention of tenures and funding fights.
Umm, I don't know what this is. Is this good? Also, the payment was supposed to be a one-time thing like what you get for joining. If they weren't getting paid before (and assuming they knew this), they aren't now.

(Removing concept of disease from the Bubble: Does having [your least favorite god] in the Bubble count as a disease? :P)
(-_- *sigh* No, it doesn't. I don't think I need to explain what counts and what doesn't count.)

Malakath has offered the gift of blood-drinkerism to 100 on each of Keshan and Slytha and 50 on Muma. Regrettably, it seems that the mean evilness of the volunteers is significantly higher than the mean evilness of the general population on the Darruthian Holiness Scale (DHS) even after removing the outliers. Some volunteers and followers of the Twenty-Six (all the gods, even the dead) seem to be of above-average devotion while not being too evil...
So of the many millions of mortals that exist - including the 20 million mortal mermaids - not even 100 neutral/good people are interested in tripling their life span? I think I might not have been clear with my filtering of choice. Stupid people and evil people are exempt. That's correct. However, devoted people simply take priority. Those who are less than "devoted" to me are still eligible. Does this fill up the 150 quota?

Abstain everything EXCEPT 79.04.1 and 79.05.

Malakath (Souls, Blood): 21/21, 5-6
(Oh wow. In all the time I've been playing Ye Gods, this is the first time I've managed to get to 21/21 Essence. I am euphoric.)
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4760 on: December 30, 2014, 05:03:47 pm »

Ah, not quite. While certainly one reincarnates the majority of the time if my afterlife is the stepping stone, those who have achieved the highest principles of Goodness are invited and allowed to stay, to assist in spreading Goodness from within and achieving a sense of peace and accomplishment. More or less, anyway. It's difficult to describe the Spirit Legion with any more accuracy than that, as everyone within it are individuals.

Although your siphoning away of souls in this manner is...less than appreciated, Malakath. Unless you are willing to increase the number of souls naturally formed so that the natural growth rate of the population combined with your removal of souls from the reincarnation economy does not result in a metaphysical bankruptcy?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4761 on: December 30, 2014, 05:14:50 pm »

Ah, not quite. While certainly one reincarnates the majority of the time if my afterlife is the stepping stone, those who have achieved the highest principles of Goodness are invited and allowed to stay, to assist in spreading Goodness from within and achieving a sense of peace and accomplishment. More or less, anyway. It's difficult to describe the Spirit Legion with any more accuracy than that, as everyone within it are individuals.
"Alternatively, you can worship me, be good enough to be classified as good - you don't have to be the goodest of the good - and you can stay as long as you want without any further conditions. Moreover, "Spirit Legion" implies that he'll expect you to fight which is not the case in the Heaven Plane."

Although your siphoning away of souls in this manner is...less than appreciated, Malakath. Unless you are willing to increase the number of souls naturally formed so that the natural growth rate of the population combined with your removal of souls from the reincarnation economy does not result in a metaphysical bankruptcy?
"Ah yes, I forgot about that. Now that my wonderful proposal has passed, I can actually do this."

Propose that instead of using the soul-spawning system as the backbone to population growth, souls will instead naturally form on their own. This proposal will only apply to the races we have created and only where the beings are created via birth (so things like Shinjo and Golems don't grow souls on their own. This'll also make sure that things like chairs don't begin developing souls.) This system is simply supposed to replace the soul-spawn system. Things that are born will still be born with reincarnated souls. This system simply allows for the taking of as many of those reincarnated souls as possible without affecting population numbers or growth. (They'll instead be affected in the ways that they are IRL.)
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 05:28:04 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4762 on: December 30, 2014, 05:19:44 pm »

It's called a Legion because they are capable of fighting, and because I believe there are quite a lot by this point. Now if you're quite done trying to say why your afterlife is more outwardly appealing, Goddess of Souls and Blood?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #4763 on: December 30, 2014, 05:44:26 pm »

"You fools, what have you done? As I said, you passed the stupid law. Now all someone has to do is continue proposing something continuously, and it will eventually pass. As an example, I will remove this pitiful law, no matter how long it takes."

"I Propose that we remove the law created by 75.01. I will continue posting this until it eventually passes. Functionally, you made it so everything will pass or fail in two turns. If this is ever ignored for two turns, it will automatically pass."

79.00: Remove the concept of disease (1-0/14) <?> [IMMINENT PASS]

"Oppose. You really need to start thinking about potential consequences of your actions. As these diseases are caused by a God, this won't stop him. He will find a different way to spread his death. If you want to stop the plagues, actually work to find who is causing it!"

79.04.1: 79.04 except filtering out anything in the Great Library (1-0/14) <?> [IMMINENT PASS]

"Oppose. We need some information that is not in the Great Library. You do realize that if all of these pass with only you supporting it, this will essentially siphon all your essence away? Like I said, thing about the consequences of your actions."

79.05: Silence Fusil permanently (2-0/14) [IMMINENT SUCCESS]

"...Oppose. I will personally shoot everyone who supported this *tips funny hat over eyes*"
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Lost in Nowhere

• Bay Watcher
  • AHAHAHAHA~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4764 on: December 30, 2014, 05:51:20 pm »

Oppose Fusil's new proposal.

Perhaps the time before any proposal is resolved should be three ticks rather than two. Anyone else think so?

Additionally, I propose that any proposal that doesn't pass due to more opposition than support cannot be re-proposed for 10 ticks.
And so I strike, like an unseen dodge ball in an echoing gymnasium!
Another book entitled Start Your Day with Extinction.
Must be the next book in the series after Start Your Day with Death.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4765 on: December 30, 2014, 05:54:19 pm »

Auto-Oppose Fusil's Proposal to remove the 75.01 law whenever he proposes it.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4766 on: December 30, 2014, 05:56:31 pm »

"You fools, what have you done? As I said, you passed the stupid law. Now all someone has to do is continue proposing something continuously, and it will eventually pass. As an example, I will remove this pitiful law, no matter how long it takes."

"I Propose that we remove the law created by 75.01. I will continue posting this until it eventually passes. Functionally, you made it so everything will pass or fail in two turns. If this is ever ignored for two turns, it will automatically pass."

Indeed. Now Gods will have at least some motivation to vote. Oppose.

79.04.1: 79.04 except filtering out anything in the Great Library (1-0/14) <?> [IMMINENT PASS]

"Oppose. We need some information that is not in the Great Library. You do realize that if all of these pass with only you supporting it, this will essentially siphon all your essence away? Like I said, thing about the consequences of your actions."

And some motivation to not create pointless proposals. But what interests me is the contrast between this and...

"In that case we should set up a council committee to study the Void in a safe, controlled environment. After 35 bloody Ticks it's about time we finally set up such a committee." (That's officially a proposal, by the way.)

"I oppose. Are you trying to get all of creation destroyed? Aside from that, they have sent a killer that will likely be here right away. Destroying it will be our first priority, researching it from books and other safe ways should be second."

...this. I agree with your opinion here though.

79.05: Silence Fusil permanently (2-0/14) [IMMINENT SUCCESS]

"...Oppose. I will personally shoot everyone who supported this *tips funny hat over eyes*"

So Quebare was right, it is a fedora?

Additionally, I propose that any proposal that doesn't pass due to more opposition than support cannot be re-proposed for 10 ticks.

Sounds reasonable. Support.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #4767 on: December 30, 2014, 06:11:14 pm »

"Why? In both cases, I supported using safe research tools such as books to study the Void. There are plenty of Books outside the Great library, I own several libraries full personally from when they where removed. There is a difference between reading about the abilities of nuclear weapons and detonating one over your cities to see their effects."

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4768 on: December 30, 2014, 06:20:13 pm »

"Why? In both cases, I supported using safe research tools such as books to study the Void. There are plenty of Books outside the Great library, I own several libraries full personally from when they where removed. There is a difference between reading about the abilities of nuclear weapons and detonating one over your cities to see their effects."

Sounds reasonable. Yet blowing up a nuke or two in an open field somwhere far away from the cities (controled enviroment) can go to great lenghts to improving knowledge gained from reading abaut it.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #4769 on: December 30, 2014, 06:22:59 pm »

Sounds reasonable. Yet blowing up a nuke or two in an open field somwhere far away from the cities (controled enviroment) can go to great lenghts to improving knowledge gained from reading abaut it.

"It will also completely wipe out the field for generations, fill it with radiation that must be removed, and if you do not know what you are doing, potentially kill millions as you detonated it in high-atmosphere. There are reasons I avoid using them planetside."

Pages: 1 ... 316 317 [318] 319 320 ... 475