Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 315 316 [317] 318 319 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 640174 times)

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [14+/999 players] IC: T79: Gambit pileup
« Reply #4740 on: December 30, 2014, 04:55:32 am »

"No thanks. Unlike you, I have no massive ego to please or competence to prove."

"I could always demonstrate in reality. After all, you did just cause another huge epidemic, if I am not mistaken. Why do you continue with that? It should be obvious to everyone who the culprit is. I am surprised nobody has attempted to retaliate yet."

"No, I hadn't. My thesis is, we shouldn't be too hasty. Noting that you have got to the point of casting baseless accusations, I have considered your plans enough. I will continue to fight on my own front. This conversation is over."

"Is it now? Yet you have more to say? My accusations are based in reality. How could you know that you could do something without thought? You are so sure of yourself, you must have put some effort into finding out that this was possible as you say it is, or you would not have brought it up."

"Go ahead and do what you deem necessary. I will do so as well. But remember, every action and inaction has consequences."

"I was just waiting for your permission, Cim. Or maybe I was going to do that anyway?"
"No, you actually could not demonstrate in reality. Your demonstration requires me putting all of my creations on a plain for you to readily slaughter with no means of defense. That would be the worst and stupidest decision in the history of stupid. Not happening.

I mathematically proved I did not do the first one, had no motive to do the others, and can mathematically prove I didn't do the third. Ready to give it up?"
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4741 on: December 30, 2014, 04:56:21 am »

"No. No. Don't. I have many records of entire bubbles being devastated by that. The bubbles where completely destroyed when the Null forced them to move, if we do not remain stationary to the Null baycenter all of creation will be destroyed. Likely including us."
"There's more than one way to skin a Void being. We don't have to move the Bubble from place to place - expanding the Bubble should allow it to become dynamic without having it swept away. Of course, just expanding it would make it weaker due to stretching and entropy won't be counteracted, thus, we'll have to actually add either some energy or mass to accompany the expansion so the Bubble can become dynamic but it doesn't get weaker and thus more vulnerable to the Churn, whatever that is. Of course, I don't know all that much about Void dynamics so if my idea doesn't work I'd like to know how."

If they win, they can drink from the font of souls (A gigantic skull filled with the energy of the dead) and gain a much longer life span.
"Excuse me but where exactly did you get those souls from?"

Oppose. "The monuments and temples ought to go, I agree, but the texts are one of our few safe sources of information."
Propose the same thing I proposed last time except nothing in the Great Library is destroyed.

The Great Library's guardians are told not to let anyone into the Library except for gods and angels.

"Propose we shut Fusil up, permanently."
"Oppose. As much as I loathe his tendencies to threaten the lives of other gods and their followers he is very much justified in this case. We're talking about the destruction of all Creation after all."

"Fusil, what is the relationship between the Umbrals and the Luminals?"
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #4742 on: December 30, 2014, 05:04:38 am »

"No, you actually could not demonstrate in reality. Your demonstration requires me putting all of my creations on a plain for you to readily slaughter with no means of defense. That would be the worst and stupidest decision in the history of stupid. Not happening.

"In 'in reality', I meant 'not on the plane'. On the planets, in their own cities. Surly, you noticed that non-elves lived closer and closer to your 'hidden city'? You couldn't have believed your creations can hide from gods forever. I am sure I could avoid giving you the choice, if I so desired. Especially if you continue with your wholesale slaughter."

I mathematically proved I did not do the first one, had no motive to do the others, and can mathematically prove I didn't do the third. Ready to give it up?"

"I must have missed that. Care to 'mathematically' prove that you had not done the first and third"

"There's more than one way to skin a Void being. We don't have to move the Bubble from place to place - expanding the Bubble should allow it to become dynamic without having it swept away. Of course, just expanding it would make it weaker due to stretching and entropy won't be counteracted, thus, we'll have to actually add either some energy or mass to accompany the expansion so the Bubble can become dynamic but it doesn't get weaker and thus more vulnerable to the Churn, whatever that is. Of course, I don't know all that much about Void dynamics so if my idea doesn't work I'd like to know how."

"No, it would not. Dynamic in this since means moving. We would be just as static. Think of it this way, the Void is like a river and we are like a large rock. When the river goes by the large rock, we form ripples as it flows round us. Making the rock bigger would do nothing to stop the ripples."

The Great Library's guardians are told not to let anyone into the Library except for gods and angels.

"The guardian is told to not do that. Knowledge is power, why remove power in the time of need? Why do you like censorship so much?"

"Fusil, what is the relationship between the Umbrals and the Luminals?"

"As it is clear to anyone looking, they hate each other. If you want more details than that, I can look through my records to give a more exact answer."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #4743 on: December 30, 2014, 05:08:23 am »

If they win, they can drink from the font of souls (A gigantic skull filled with the energy of the dead) and gain a much longer life span.
"Excuse me but where exactly did you get those souls from?"
What souls?
((It's a font of death energy, not of souls. But "Font of Death Energy" is a terrible name...))

(The void books are already in a restricted section inaccessible to mortals)
Veto

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4744 on: December 30, 2014, 05:12:51 am »

"You insult me if you think I'll prove the first again just because you can't be bothered to look back at the records of your conversations with other Gods. If you don't have some, I recommend making them, so that you don't miss any important points and jump to conclusions and look like a jackass. Oh, never mind. Too late.(OOC: Reread the thread, please)

As far as the third, I gained 3 essence during the time that plague was made. Yeah, wasn't me."
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Retired/Extended Sigs

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #4745 on: December 30, 2014, 05:17:02 am »

"You insult me if you think I'll prove the first again just because you can't be bothered to look back at the records of your conversations with other Gods. If you don't have some, I recommend making them, so that you don't miss any important points and jump to conclusions and look like a jackass. Oh, never mind. Too late.(OOC: Reread the thread, please)

As far as the third, I gained 3 essence during the time that plague was made. Yeah, wasn't me."

"You are the God of Lies. As it is within your sphere, hiding your true essence would be trivial. Do you deny this fact?"

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4746 on: December 30, 2014, 05:21:44 am »

"You are the God of Lies. As it is within your sphere, hiding your true essence would be trivial. Do you deny this fact?"
"Yes, I do deny it. Hiding anything is not trivial with all of you watching me. Why don't you make yourself some divine lie detector and use it every conversation we have already?!"
Retired/Extended Sigs

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #4747 on: December 30, 2014, 05:29:50 am »

"Yes, I do deny it. Hiding anything is not trivial with all of you watching me. Why don't you make yourself some divine lie detector and use it every conversation we have already?!"

"For the same reason you haven't made a gun openly to try killing me. I couldn't compete with you in your sphere, if the God of Lies wishes to lie a machine will not stop him. Of course, we could always ask someone who would owe us the truth. Seeing as I will likely need every drop of essence to solve the summoning problem, I don't want to pay the Oracle myself. Of course, seeing as this has touched so many races, it is likely that someone has already asked her the question we need to know. I will just have to find that person, and ask them.

Tykki, could you make a quick run planetside and see if any mortal used their question to the Oracle to find the cause of the diseases? I assume some mortal has asked this question at least once. We just need to find them."

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Ye Gods [14+/999 players] IC: T80: The Fires of Participation
« Reply #4748 on: December 30, 2014, 07:55:19 am »

Tick 80: The Fires of Participation

Kli:
"Perhaps if I can demonstrate enough evil, the cycle will break and my life will truly have meaning. What do you think of this?"
"We have opened a new section, but those of the un-balanced subjects mock us as wasting time in discussions and writing."

Unknown Void Image 0:
"If they break mortalll lllaws, the mortallls willl punish them, but their innocence to the Interdicted will always remain. I am to be replllaced at this point by Fycasnsefutycyfhn'elnnaa who willl persist to the end of the next tick."

The image of the sphere has faded and been replaced by an image of a swarm consisting of amorphous blobs shifting in shape and position and frequently colliding, shattering, and reforming. A distorted, echoey voice speaks:

"greeetingss  have you anything to submit before the luminant council"

Malakath has authorized payment for those already in ISAY, sparking the invention of tenures and funding fights.

Malakath has sent angel priests to help manage the Gruen plague. It seems to have almost stopped in its spread after the passing of the growth plans, but there are still many wounded.

(Removing concept of disease from the Bubble: Does having [your least favorite god] in the Bubble count as a disease? :P)

Malakath has offered the gift of blood-drinkerism to 100 on each of Keshan and Slytha and 50 on Muma. Regrettably, it seems that the mean evilness of the volunteers is significantly higher than the mean evilness of the general population on the Darruthian Holiness Scale (DHS) even after removing the outliers. Some volunteers and followers of the Twenty-Six (all the gods, even the dead) seem to be of above-average devotion while not being too evil...

An Ogre has Eaten the Maggots. The Ogre has become very sick!

None of the maggots remaining seem to be alive.

The Kitchen Elementals and priests cannot reach the Council meta-location.

The Bluff Buff drops Fusil's note, takes the metaphorical microphone, and yells "Fusil wears a funny hat!" All the gods believe Fusil to be wearing a funny hat.

Kl'Tork has announced his love of pie to the world. Many of his followers have begun experimenting with improving pies.

Malakath's top three outside the mentioned: Hard to say

Keshan dust ring: It may have some effect, but it does clean rather slowly.

The Ice Titan and Frozen Guard cannot reach the Council meta-location.

Palatino seems to have dissipated completely and can no longer be found. (The cause of this has yet to be found.)

(Darruth: The purification component will increase the price by an estimated 10-12E. Are you sure you wish to contine?)

Atropos has introduced a game to the mortals revolving around the font of souls, a feature of Atropos' plane, to gamble with their lifespans.

Atropos:
"We offer up this holy one, rendered by flame to dust once more."
"Is it true that I can play cards with you if I die?"
"What is the way of dust?"

In response to Malakath's order, the Divine Library's guardians refuse to block access to mortals, backed by Atropos and Fusil.

Tykki: "I shall go at once, Sir."

Tykki has begun running around on Keshan to locate a mortal who has asked about the cause of the diseases. This will likely take a very long time.

Oracle
Q: "What God caused the diseases that wiped out 1/4 of several races?"
A: "None of them caused the diseases that wiped out a quarter of three races."

This update's constellations are the Shield and Eye.

(Darruth: -2E)

Spoiler: Lawmode (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Deities (0) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council rules (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: New Proposals (6) (click to show/hide)

New players are always welcome. Sphere ideas this tick are Weather, Revelry, Luck, and Air. Opposing sphere ideas this tick are Honesty and Chaos.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4749 on: December 30, 2014, 08:11:38 am »

79.00 Oppose.
79.04.1 Agree.
79.05 Oppose.

What hat is it Fusil? Is it the one with fruits?

(Atropos and Fusil were against blocking off Divine Library)
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4750 on: December 30, 2014, 08:18:19 am »

Azem listens to prayers.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #4751 on: December 30, 2014, 08:24:02 am »

Melyssa listens to prayers

+1 to 79.05

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4752 on: December 30, 2014, 08:29:46 am »

"Oh my Fusil! That hat looks like a- like Darruth's high priest's hat. Yes, that is what I was going to say."

(This is all my brain can handle for now. I'll do the rest when I stop sleeping.)
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #4753 on: December 30, 2014, 11:40:22 am »

79.00 Oppose.

79.04.1 Oppose. Not unless I hear a decent plan to deal with potential backlash.

79.05 Oppose. Fusil should retain the right to a voice. It's your own faults if you let the things he says bother you so much.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Lost in Nowhere

• Bay Watcher
  • AHAHAHAHA~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4754 on: December 30, 2014, 12:15:18 pm »

79.00 - Oppose
79.05 - Support
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 05:45:01 pm by Lost in Nowhere »
And so I strike, like an unseen dodge ball in an echoing gymnasium!
Another book entitled Start Your Day with Extinction.
Must be the next book in the series after Start Your Day with Death.
Pages: 1 ... 315 316 [317] 318 319 ... 475