Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 33

Author Topic: Dominions 4 - Round 11B (Medieval Boogaloo)  (Read 50185 times)

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 - Round 11B (Medieval Boogaloo)
« Reply #285 on: January 09, 2015, 08:53:18 am »

I have lost. Well fought Pan.

Indeed, well fought metal men!  My magic was too much for you!

Jarlsberg Cheese is Greatly Upset by the Clearly Targeted Assassinations brought upon Us by The Musical Peoples. We suffered four (4) attacks, and He Highly Doubts that any other Nation came even close.

Immediate and Appropriate Compensation must be sent to Defray His Wrath. Insufficient Compensation will be Viewed as an Insult and will result in Even Greater Wrath. Tread lightly.

The musical people apologize, the Lord of the Hunt is a rather finicky fellow who really enjoys forests.  Sadly, as we share a common love of forests, it seems you were targeted more.  The Lord of the Hunt is bad at directions and has a firm belief that all forests are the same. 

I have sent 15 Astral Pearls as way of apology. 
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: January 13, 2015, 12:59:54 pm »

Anyone mind if I just go AI? I lost the chance to win a while back and while it is entertaining I fought off aggressors for so long, there's really not much I can do each turn but continuously fortify my capital and research.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: January 14, 2015, 11:03:57 am »

I AM COVERED IN CHEESE

THAT MOVE WAS CHEESE

ALL OF IT IS JUST CHEESE

(How did you do that seriously what the fuck)
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: January 14, 2015, 02:48:03 pm »

Now you've piqued my curiosity.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Hellheart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: January 14, 2015, 06:22:51 pm »

We had lost two more Vanjarls to the Cowardly Magic of The Musical Peoples. Jarlsberg Cheese Demanded that they give Him Further Compensation. I may have Forgotten to Relay this Demand. Oops.

He sent our Werewolves to Collect the Debt that we were owed. Unfortunately, they have had a taste of Horseflesh and it will be Difficult to halt their Feeding Frenzy.

(( I was annoyed that 15 Astral gems was actually an appropriate compensation assuming ~40 gold per gem. But I can't afford to dispel Lord of the Hunt and two of my forts are in forests. I can't just stop recruiting mages out of those forts. So it pretty much forced my hand.

Now, where I attacked and what happened there is between me, Pangaea, and Ulm. Because I promised Ulm I'd avenge him and he deserves something to cheer him up. ))
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 06:32:18 pm by Hellheart »

Hellheart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: January 14, 2015, 06:25:12 pm »

(( Although I will say that Surprise Longships has caught many an opponent off-guard ))

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: January 14, 2015, 10:41:16 pm »

(( Although I will say that Surprise Longships has caught many an opponent off-guard ))

You can longship OVER enemy controlled territory!?

FUCK

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: January 14, 2015, 10:57:49 pm »

Sailing goes from coast to coast, it doesn't care about who owns the sea provinces in the middle. I believe the default value is being able to sail over two sea provinces, but it's defined in the map settings if you want to check it to be sure.

It depends a bit on province placement and whether you're playing with saildist-1 or 2, but suffice to say it can be really powerful ability.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: January 15, 2015, 12:20:52 am »

It depends a bit on province placement and whether you're playing with saildist-1 or 2, but suffice to say it can be really powerful ability.

You can modify the sailing distance as a game (map) option? That's a quite nice feature.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: January 15, 2015, 12:41:11 am »

Oddly enough I can't find it in the map making manual, but there's a forum post over at desura around version 3.99 with one of the devs listing some then-new map commands, including #saildist.

HopFlash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: January 15, 2015, 03:17:39 pm »

hmm...not very realistic that you can sail over enemy territory water if there are large devastating armies diving under your boots...is there an ingame reason why it works as it does or should it be seen as a "game feature"?
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Inactive Therian Saga Char: Stormhead
Dominions: 4.03 Berytos; 4.06 Pangaea; 4.08 Arcoscephale; 4.11 Shinuyama
Inactive Wurm Online Char: Stormhead

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: January 15, 2015, 05:27:33 pm »

Well people can fly over hostile provinces, can't they. Sailing is essentially the same thing. Just like land provinces are mostly about things on the ground, so are sea provinces mostly about things that are relatively far from the surface.

It's been talked about in the official forum in the past enough that if devs didn't intend it, they'd have fixed it by now.

HopFlash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: January 15, 2015, 07:25:04 pm »

Well people can fly over hostile provinces, can't they. Sailing is essentially the same thing. Just like land provinces are mostly about things on the ground, so are sea provinces mostly about things that are relatively far from the surface.

It's been talked about in the official forum in the past enough that if devs didn't intend it, they'd have fixed it by now.
sure...I don't think it's a bug...but without radar and flak I see a different between flying and sailing units...but it's ok...not all has to be realistic ;)
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Inactive Therian Saga Char: Stormhead
Dominions: 4.03 Berytos; 4.06 Pangaea; 4.08 Arcoscephale; 4.11 Shinuyama
Inactive Wurm Online Char: Stormhead

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: January 15, 2015, 07:42:49 pm »

Turns are 1 month though; flying units aren't in the air for that whole period, they're just mobile enough that they can avoid any intermediate forces.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: January 15, 2015, 11:46:59 pm »

Oceans are massive, and this is a whole world we are talking about, lot of space in the ocean.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 33