Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 33

Author Topic: Dominions 4 - Round 11B (Medieval Boogaloo)  (Read 50121 times)

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 - Round 11B (And So It Begins...)
« Reply #210 on: December 07, 2014, 03:10:24 pm »

Ulm is pretty much neutral with a few exceptions.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: December 07, 2014, 06:53:02 pm »

Ulm is pretty much neutral with a few exceptions.

Last time I played pangaea I got destroyed by Ulm, due to the armor negating my tactics.

It would be nice to get a retry.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: December 07, 2014, 07:30:27 pm »

I'd say Ulm is one of the tougher match-ups BEFORE you get some battle magic as Pan. Afterwards though? N has plenty of MR resist and E gets the de-armouring spells.

Hellheart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: December 08, 2014, 03:36:10 am »

You were sieging Agartha's capital until just last turn, but they managed to kill your army of 118 shadow vestals (plus 110 soulless, longdead, etc.)  You've also taken at least a couple of provinces from Vanheim. Recently, I think you lost some of the provinces you took from Agartha to Eriu, Jotunheum, and possibly Shinuyama.

That's as far as my knowledge goes.
(( Sceleria attacked Agartha and quickly pushed to his Capitol, which lay in the mountain range between Jotunheim and Shinuyama. Agartha asked for help and Eriu said he'd attack anyone who attacked Sceleria. Shinuyama attacked Eriu, Vanheim attacked Sceleria's cap and sat on it for all of one turn, Marignon attacked a Fort on the other side, and then Jotunheim took over several provinces at once.

By the time Sceleria got to Agartha's Capitol he was a clear frontrunner. He had 5+ provinces more than the next largest player, he had huge amounts of infrastructure in his core provinces, and he had a clear professed ally. IMO he was a victim of his own aggression more than anything else. If he kept massing instead of trying to expand I don't know if anyone takes the risk of starting a war with him. ))

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: December 09, 2014, 09:52:21 am »

HAHAHA

The might of the forest prevails!  All will fall before my mighty strategy!  I call it... HO BOMB!
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

HopFlash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: December 10, 2014, 05:06:42 am »

HAHAHA

The might of the forest prevails!  All will fall before my mighty strategy!  I call it... HO BOMB!
more details...more details....pleeeease :P
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Inactive Therian Saga Char: Stormhead
Dominions: 4.03 Berytos; 4.06 Pangaea; 4.08 Arcoscephale; 4.11 Shinuyama
Inactive Wurm Online Char: Stormhead

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: December 10, 2014, 04:49:14 pm »

HAHAHA

He uses massive armies of naked hoes to attack, I think thats the idea...?
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 10, 2014, 05:07:47 pm »

I don't mind playing until the end (which is probably near) but I wish I could at least see some of the other things going on to keep myself amused. Maintaining a scouting network isn't a priority when you only have 2 provinces.

Really hope I get another chance in a new game soon. I'm going to suck it up and play one of the less thematically interesting but mistake friendly nations so I can actually play somewhat competently.

Sniff... I tried Bandar, I really did but I just suck playing you. My own fault I suppose for taking scales and paths that tailor to late game summoning which I never had much hope of reaching... It was just so fun swarming the AI with demons and celestial supercombatants but so impractical with a small map with better players where I can't get that far.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: December 10, 2014, 08:23:27 pm »

I don't mind playing until the end (which is probably near) but I wish I could at least see some of the other things going on to keep myself amused. Maintaining a scouting network isn't a priority when you only have 2 provinces.

Really hope I get another chance in a new game soon. I'm going to suck it up and play one of the less thematically interesting but mistake friendly nations so I can actually play somewhat competently.

Sniff... I tried Bandar, I really did but I just suck playing you. My own fault I suppose for taking scales and paths that tailor to late game summoning which I never had much hope of reaching... It was just so fun swarming the AI with demons and celestial supercombatants but so impractical with a small map with better players where I can't get that far.
Honestly, I was unsure of my odds beating you after the first mind-blast slaughter, if you hadn't been weakened with other wars it probably would be a lot messier for both of us.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: December 10, 2014, 09:36:27 pm »

HAHAHA

He uses massive armies of naked hoes to attack, I think thats the idea...?

Well, just because it's so hilarious I'll go into a bit more detail.  Yes,  my Ho's, the Maenads, are the key.  However, there is a spell called Growing Fury that makes everyone in the battle slowly go berserk.

Do you know what happens when you use that spell and a unit already can go berserk, like the Maenads can?  They go instantly berserk.

That's right.

Every.  Single.  One.  Instantly.

Add that battlefield-wide armor breaking spell, then tell your mages to retreat so they don't berserk and get themselves killed, and you get a Ho Bomb.  Unstoppable death army of angry Ho's that tear everyone to shreds in a berserk rage.  Hilariously effective.

Edit:  Oh, and I forgot the best part:  You don't have to worry about auto-rout when you lose a certain percentage of your army, because berserk units never retreat!  Great way to use up flak!
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 10:32:15 pm by Puzzlemaker »

tompliss

• Bay Watcher
  • Goodbye ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: December 11, 2014, 02:09:50 am »

The only way to defeat them without killing them is to keep them in the battlefield after the 75th turn (aka "everyone dies"). And the defending unit will auto-rout (if not berserk) 25 turns before that ... :-°

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: December 11, 2014, 02:39:00 am »

Assassinate leadership so they autoroute on turn 1 and leave them nowhere to retreat to, but I think that's basically the best strategy in every situation.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

tompliss

• Bay Watcher
  • Goodbye ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: December 11, 2014, 03:09:27 am »

Problem of assassination : it doesn't deal with PD.
Now, sure, the PD commander won't cast Growing Fury, but when there are 200 meneads somewhere, it's not something to ignore.

Hellheart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: December 11, 2014, 10:16:21 am »

Problem of assassination : it doesn't deal with PD.
Now, sure, the PD commander won't cast Growing Fury, but when there are 200 meneads somewhere, it's not something to ignore.
Other problem of assassination: if it's a Pan he can probably summon stuff (including possibly casting Swarm since he'll have Nature gems). If it's a Pandemoniac...well, better hope he can't cast Leech because if he can, that's a dead assassin.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: December 12, 2014, 06:51:49 pm »

My fellow nations!

A cold wind blows! Thousands of awakened dead gather under dark banners, marching in conquest.

For now, they battle my nation, but do not think that they will stop with me! Once I have fallen; armies even larger than this will come for you! So please, any nation that borders Sceleria - fight! Burn their temples! Kill their priests! We must work together or we will fall one by one!

(This message was approved by the Marignon Diplomatic Council)
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 33