Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 538

Author Topic: FEF: Final Hour IC thread. The End.  (Read 292306 times)

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Final Hour IC thread. Chapter 1: Comeback Checkmate
« Reply #675 on: November 13, 2014, 05:59:40 pm »

Modra hummed happily at the pats, not understanding anything more than that. Tomik chuckled though.

"Seems Modra's really taking a shine to you. Normally she gets jealous if I take someone riding too often, but here she's enjoying your attention and everything."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: November 14, 2014, 08:57:14 am »

"Can't think of why!"

Lilly giggled and continued to rub and pet Modra.

"Perhaps she likes music? I'll think of a song for her. Would you like that, Modra?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: November 14, 2014, 05:45:58 pm »

Modra hummed even more, not sure what the girl on her back was saying, but enjoying the attention.

"Well... I know I'd enjoy listening to any song you sing, so I'm sure Modra will too. You have a beautiful voice after all. It fits you well. I mean. I... yeah, I mean that."

He blushed and stared straight ahead, not wanting to look back at Lily.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: November 14, 2014, 06:03:59 pm »

"Then I'll think for awhile and see if I have anything suitable for Modra!"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: November 14, 2014, 06:10:30 pm »

"Oh good. I can't wait to hear it. And I'm sure Modra can't either."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: November 14, 2014, 06:35:17 pm »

After a few moments, Lilly took her guitar in hand and began to play a slow, melancholy tune.

"♪ I don't know how else to put this ♫ It's taken me so long to do this ♪ I'm falling asleep and I can't see straight ♫ My muscles feel like a melee ♪ My body's curled in a U-shape ♫ I put on my best but I'm still afraid ♪ Propped up by lies and promises ♫ Saving my place as life forgets ♪ Maybe its time I saw the world ♫ I'm only here for a while ♪ But patience is not my style ♫ And I'm so tired that I gotta go ♪
Where am I supposed to hide now? ♫ What am I suppose to do? ♪ Did you really think I wouldn't see this through? Tell me I should stick around for you ♫ Tell me I could have it all ♪ I'm still too tired to care and I gotta go ♫"

"♫ I get to go home in one week ♪ But I'm leaving home in three weeks ♫ They throw me a bone just to pick me dry ♪ I'm following suit and directions ♫ I crawl up inside for protection ♪ I'm told what to do and I don't know why ♫ I'm over existing in limbo ♪ I'm over the myths and placebos ♫ I don't really mind if I fade away ♪ I'm ready to live with my family ♫ I'm ready to die in obscurity ♪ Because I'm so tired that I gotta go ♫ Where am I supposed to hide now? ♪ What am I supposed to do? ♫ Did you really think I wouldn't see this through? ♪ Tell me I should stick around for you ♫ Tell me I can have it all ♪ I'm still too tired to care, and I gotta go... "
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 06:38:30 pm by SeriousConcentrate »

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: November 14, 2014, 06:45:03 pm »

Tomik sighed quietly. Modra had been quietly humming the whole time and as Lily's voice trailed off, so did her humming. Tomik quickly wiped his face and then smiled.

"That was... beautiful. Thank you. I'll be honest. You singing was one of the few bright spots of my time in jail. It was nice to have something so beautiful while everything else was going wrong."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: November 14, 2014, 06:53:24 pm »

"Oh... thank you! I'm so glad to hear you say that! Um, sometimes I worried if I was bothering everybody... but I was hoping, you know, to help people pass the time with something nice to listen to. Help break up the monotony of being trapped in a cell all day and night."

She folded her wrists across the edge of the body of her guitar.

"My cell was right across from yours, so... I guess you had the best seat in the house?"

Lilly laughed quietly.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: November 14, 2014, 06:56:29 pm »

"I was certainly enjoying my seat, yeah. Sorry I didn't put on a performance for you. Guess you got the bad end of the deal, huh?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: November 14, 2014, 06:59:57 pm »

"Oh, I wouldn't say that..."

Lilly thought for a second about what she had said and then immediately made a move to lie clarify what she meant.

"I mean, er, it's fine! You don't have to worry about it, I enjoy what I do so it's no big deal, you know?"

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: November 14, 2014, 07:12:52 pm »

"Huh?"

"Oh, yeah, that's good. I'm glad you love it so much. It's always nice to find something that you're passionate about. It just makes it so much better."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: November 14, 2014, 07:16:03 pm »

"Yep! Do you like fighting? I was just wondering, 'cause it seemed like you were working out a lot."

"Er, not that I was... paying particular attention... or... admiring or anything like that..."

"Um, I meant, uh, you gotta be strong to fight, so..."

Lilly had completely flustered and tonguetied herself and chose to just shut up and let him answer the question.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: November 14, 2014, 07:39:50 pm »

"Yeah, that was just a habit I got into back when I was younger and have kept up ever since. I didn't... I hope it didn't bother you or anything. I guess I like fighting, and yeah, I need to stay in shape for it. It's complicated I guess. I don't like the end result of fighting or anything. But it lets me protect people and I'm good at it. So... yeah. That's why I was working out so much. That and nothing else to do."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: November 14, 2014, 07:44:54 pm »

Lilly considered the definitions of the word 'bother' and decided to go for the one that allowed her to say it didn't bother her.

"No, no, it's fine! It was kinda nice seeing someone have a regular routine. It was like a way to know what time it was."

She listened to his reasons for fighting, and nodded.

"I can get behind that. Fighting for the sake of fighting is no good, but fighting to protect others... that's certainly worthy enough."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: November 14, 2014, 07:54:39 pm »

Tomik felt the desire to blush for some unknown reason but decided to ignore it. Instead he smiled and nodded.

"Well I'm glad I helped you out some then. Even if it was just as a not very accurate clock. And yeah, I don't know. Sometimes I wish I had a way of protecting those I care about without fighting but... beyond taking you and... Er, beyond taking people away into the mountains away from all of the world, there's not much I can do."

He frantically tried to think of something else to talk about to cover his slip.

"But, uh... anyways... Was there anyone back at your home that you were involved with? I know my parents had this girl all picked out for me before it turned out that I wasn't exactly her cup of tea, if you catch my drift. And then Senija and I decided that our leaving the house would involve traveling the world instead and so that's all that ended up in. I mean... Not that it's a bad thing if you do. I was just wondering... who all would be missing you I guess?"

He mentally groaned and cursed himself for picking the worst topic to switch to.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 538