Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 29

Author Topic: [SG] Imperial Military Design Bureau [Year: 2023]  (Read 27757 times)

Khaiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [SG] Imperial Military Design Bureau [Year: 2020]
« Reply #135 on: October 10, 2014, 11:03:59 am »

Updating my votes too.
Spoiler: VOTES (click to show/hide)
[/quote]

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #136 on: October 10, 2014, 12:30:55 pm »

Voted for B and C.
Spoiler: VOTES (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 12:44:05 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 10, 2014, 12:35:22 pm »

Forgot Beneviento's Vote 1 and 2
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #138 on: October 10, 2014, 12:44:28 pm »

Edited mine for Beneviento's votes.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 12, 2014, 06:19:20 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Badger Tank

Design of the badger tank goes less than swimmingly. Our engineers have serious trouble with the armoring, which results in the tank approaching a moving bunker. Further worsened by the fact that they didn't have the time to finish working on the guns. In addition, loose mechanical tolerances result in numerous break downs, though this did mean that by the end of testing the crew knew quite well how to fix stuff like this.

Spoiler: Badger MBT (click to show/hide)

Bullpup 6.8 mm rifle

The Bullpup rifle is finished, though with some flaws, the predominantly one being that it is rather fragile.

Standardized Sidearm

Work on the pistol goes swimmingly, and the engineers have plenty of time to add additional features.

Spoiler: Traits (click to show/hide)

Lightweight full body armor

The engineers come up with a simple design, reasonably cheap and based on fiber and ceramic composite. However, it tends to shatter if broken, which can worsen a wound.
Spoiler: Lightweight body armor (click to show/hide)

Governement officials resist your request for more engineers, but they do allow you start a training facility. Engineers being trained will not be able to participate in projects. (For now, training just increases quality. Experts comes later).

The destroyer is refloated, but it's a heavily damaged vessel that was already decommissioned when sunk. You can try to repair it, if you want to.

Spoiler: Our Glorious Military (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 07:34:52 am by 10ebbor10 »

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 12, 2014, 07:20:13 am »

What is the cost of the body armor?

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 12, 2014, 07:35:21 am »

What is the cost of the body armor?

Might rebalance things in the future. Perhaps.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 12, 2014, 08:37:33 am »

Another question? How many traits can we choose for the pistol?
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 12, 2014, 08:57:02 am »

So. Tank is a failure... Probably bad rolls, but going for something that complx right from the start was wrong

A. Produce 1140 basic infantry kits (assault rifle + pistol + LFB armor)

1. Design medium full body armor named MFB, based on LFB. Increase the weight to 18 kg and try to fix the fragility issue.
2. Finish the 120mm tank gun
3. Design a wheeled tank destroyer Wolverine armed with the the 120mm gun. Innovative feature of the vehicle: It must be controlled by one person assisted by a number of automatic systems. Small size is the number one priority
4. Design an universal tactical helmet "Watcher". Helmet that can be used by special forces infantry, infantry squad commander, drone controller, Wolverine driver or pilot depending on what software is installed. It should aid targeting, communication and interaction with existing and potential vehicles
5. Design man portable surface to air missile launcher "Jazz". Small, cheap, light, capable to damage only soft targets like UAVs or utility helicopters

Edit: forgot about the bold
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 07:25:17 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 12, 2014, 09:56:59 am »

Spoiler: Things (click to show/hide)
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 12, 2014, 10:42:43 am »

Another question? How many traits can we choose for the pistol?
3. Hosh I forgot a lot.

On a side note.

3. Design a wheeled tank destroyer Wolverine armed with the the 120mm gun. Innovative feature of the vehicle: It must be controlled by one person assisted by a number of automatic systems. Small size is the number one priority
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vespa_150_TAP
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 10:44:38 am by 10ebbor10 »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 12, 2014, 10:49:45 am »

God, thats awesome.

But I think he means something slightly heavier and with more wheels...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

alamoes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 12, 2014, 10:59:11 am »

6:Design Badger A chassis that is designed to be the fix for the mechanical problems found.  Reduce the armor to 300mm. 

RHA is stupidly ineffective to a guy with shaped charge bazooka.  Sure, a lot of it might protect against some, but then it starts cutting into other things.  I suggest we make it into a cannon fodder tank to test with, much like the Panzer I was for Germany.  Start small, then work up to a bigger, more awesome MBT. 

7:Redesign the 1100 Kw engine to be more fuel efficient, and easier to fix in case of a break. 

Probably not going to get picked, but still, better engine reliability leads to more armored pushes better, or so goes the theory. 

For the wolverine, a kind of support armored tank destroyer car would give us a slight advantage.  Don't know.  I think getting our MBT designed and at least workable, along with getting the infantry kit finished with man portable AT weapons would be more useful.  We can reconfigure the Wolverine latter though. 

Edited cause new thoughts. 
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 11:14:24 am by alamoes »

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 12, 2014, 11:03:54 am »

Sadly 75mm recoilless and 120mm real gun aren't in a same league :)  Fitting that one on  a scooter would be... haaaard

But such mobile solutions is what I like. Not 70 ton tanks. :)

I prefer mobility and being small target in everything.  Also I want to spend at least one turn on infantry armors, on the way to proper battle-suits\exoskeletons

alamoes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 12, 2014, 11:26:43 am »

I agree with battle suits, but I'm not sure if we'll have the resources to make them cost effective.  I'd say working on an improved Infantry Transport would be better.  The BTRs are kind of old, and while we probably could mass produce them, we might want an update, depending on next turn. 
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 29