Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: O_0  (Read 3172 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: O_0 Re: True Facts about the Bogeyman.
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2014, 06:47:57 am »

i got attacked by bogeymen when i had a companion  :-\ ???
First, setup subject.
Second, some bogeymans are just wandering around, because They are history creatures.
...No. They're not. Bogeymen are never historical figures.
they totally are historical figures. like they now pop up in legends mode if they kill someone then horribly vanish(die) into smoke.
though getting them to wander around with companions means either A you died to them enough times to populate the world with non-cackling bogeymen.
B you didn't have a companion or your companion broke ties, oh yeah Line of sight or to far away thus in travel menu counts as a separate party...

oh okay I understand what happen because of the new update everyone in a 1 tile radius of you in the 'Travel menu' will pop up in 'the field'. now if you happen to have an companion away from you say dark green they will pop up as 1 tile away in travelmenu, and because how Toady made adventure mode now they aren't lost to the ether. though this means bogeymen who are set to trigger when the adventurer party is set to 1 person, will pop up and attack you if you separate the party into 2 groups, of 1 person. this only happens due to sleeping/waiting takes you into the travel menu which if you do separate the group they can't regroup(as they only just be on the same tile as you). oh god clever girl.

Well that's True Facts about the Bogeyman.
oh yeah you could reanimate bogeymen though if you want them out of the cackling there's a small window when the cackling ends to poof the bodies(takes a few movement turns really), if you reanimate them there you succeed though doing so means if they ever go back into the cackling (separating them from your necromancer causing you to be alone for a nano second at night,). the cackling will just suck them back in and kill them when you end it again.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

grisha5

• Bay Watcher
  • [SACRIFICE_CAT:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
Re: O_0 Re: True Facts about the Bogeyman.
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2014, 10:06:11 am »

i got attacked by bogeymen when i had a companion  :-\ ???
First, setup subject.
Second, some bogeymans are just wandering around, because They are history creatures.
...No. They're not. Bogeymen are never historical figures.
they totally are historical figures. like they now pop up in legends mode if they kill someone then horribly vanish(die) into smoke.
though getting them to wander around with companions means either A you died to them enough times to populate the world with non-cackling bogeymen.
B you didn't have a companion or your companion broke ties, oh yeah Line of sight or to far away thus in travel menu counts as a separate party...

oh okay I understand what happen because of the new update everyone in a 1 tile radius of you in the 'Travel menu' will pop up in 'the field'. now if you happen to have an companion away from you say dark green they will pop up as 1 tile away in travelmenu, and because how Toady made adventure mode now they aren't lost to the ether. though this means bogeymen who are set to trigger when the adventurer party is set to 1 person, will pop up and attack you if you separate the party into 2 groups, of 1 person. this only happens due to sleeping/waiting takes you into the travel menu which if you do separate the group they can't regroup(as they only just be on the same tile as you). oh god clever girl.

Well that's True Facts about the Bogeyman.
oh yeah you could reanimate bogeymen though if you want them out of the cackling there's a small window when the cackling ends to poof the bodies(takes a few movement turns really), if you reanimate them there you succeed though doing so means if they ever go back into the cackling (separating them from your necromancer causing you to be alone for a nano second at night,). the cackling will just suck them back in and kill them when you end it again.

but i hatd the cackling announcement!
kittunns yay ~WalterWhite from DashNet forums
i am a cat. with a laser gun to shoot cat killers

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: O_0
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2014, 11:19:57 am »

I had boogeymen attack when I was in one of those surface dwellings for dwarves. Asked the mayor for permission to stay too.
Hillocks don't count?. If you're underground it seems to be OK, but yeah surface dwellings are bugged.
()==[:::::::::::::>

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2014, 11:44:41 am »

I had boogeymen attack when I was in one of those surface dwellings for dwarves. Asked the mayor for permission to stay too.
Hillocks don't count?. If you're underground it seems to be OK, but yeah surface dwellings are bugged.
Some are inside, some not.  Pressing (W) or (P) will display the temperature as 'cool' for all inside hillocks (or tell you you can't see the sun).

Or, talking to somebody and commenting on the weather should give you the proper inside/outside message telling you if you are inside.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2014, 04:29:20 pm »

that's mostly due to their ceiling are made of tree leaves, and those don't normally count as solid enough flooring for stuff under it to count as being inside.
leaving dwarves in hillocks exposed as elves. if you lit one of those on fire then put out the flames you would leave a hole in their roofs.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes
Pages: 1 [2]