Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What's up with the cursor position in the minimap?  (Read 1642 times)

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
What's up with the cursor position in the minimap?
« on: October 05, 2014, 04:40:16 am »

One small thing that's been bugging me for a bit is that the yellow X cursor in dwarf fortress seems mis-placed in the minimap. Is there some deep reason, or is it a bug?

()==[:::::::::::::>

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's up with the cursor position in the minimap?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2014, 08:18:50 pm »

It doesn't seem misplaced to me, unless you mean that it's not at the edge of the minimap when the in-game cursor is at the edge of the map. Can you provide an example?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Spectre Incarnate

• Bay Watcher
  • Possibly inside a dragon's toothy maw.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2014, 11:19:58 pm »

Can you provide an example?

He did. Scroll the image to the right a bit or click it.

I've always thought the mini-map was more of a general area thing, not exact placement... but yes, that has always bugged me, too.

The in-game text has punctuation!  Who knew?
Mister Adams,
How many licks does it take to get to the [candy] center of a Dwarf Fortress?

Aranador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2014, 11:48:46 pm »

try it again, but with dwarf fortress at it's default window size of amazingly tiny.  I suspect that the minimap cursor is essentially offset from the top left courner of your main window view, but only offset by the right amount for the default view.

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2014, 05:41:50 am »

You see the 'dig marked +' in the middle of the maps (small and large)? The + is in the middle of the left map, the x is in the middle of the +.

But in the right hand mini-map the x is above the top of the +. It's displaced by about 20 tiles worth of space.

It's worse in some positions than others. Here I've marked out each corner of the map with 'dig'. I've taken four screenshots, with the cursor as far as it can get towards each corner.

As you can see the top two are a bit out, but the bottom two are massively out. It's not just that the mini-map cursor follows the screen position on the left map (which it does).

Try it again, but with dwarf fortress at it's default window size of amazingly tiny.

Yep, that basically fixes it. Bug report time (it will turn out to be a duplicate, it always does. :P )
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 05:44:19 am by ptb_ptb »
()==[:::::::::::::>

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2014, 02:04:11 pm »

Can you provide an example?

He did. Scroll the image to the right a bit or click it.
Huh. The image must not have loaded for me when I posted, then. I do see the problem now, so I'll confirm that report (I also can't find any duplicates).
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.