Make stats have 1/4 regen instead
- 4 (50%)
Disable regen when attacking or getting attacked
- 2 (25%)
Other (Post in OOC)
- 2 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11

Author Topic: ❂Defense of the Ancients❂ [OOC][3/?]: I GOT THIS  (Read 14808 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

wait, base damage? that's not how crits work. Crits factor in your total damage, including the +x

Not base (just from stats), but regular (base+whatever bonuses).
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile

usualy abilities that scale well into lategame, like bashes or crits for example, also high stat-gain per level

when your right clicks deal 300 damage each, and you attack like 3 times per second, caster abilities like lions finger of death suddenly seem rather pointless, especialy when people lategame have rather high health pools.
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

I'm wondering just what defines a carry.
OK, yes, a reliance on support to "carry" them through the early game, a big need for monies, and a tremendous late game.
But that definition doesn't really make sense to me, even after reading the wiki.

What MAKES a carry? What kinds of abilities are "carry" abilities? What roles do each character currently in this game fill (did somebody say 7 carries 1 support?!)?
Anything that gets real good at killing things can be a carry. In Dota, that usually means ranged Agi heroes. LoL, partially because of spell scaling and partially because of other design philosophies, tends to have more variety in terms of other types of carries, though somewhat ironically melee carries usually don't work as well. Characters that beef up really well but in ways other than killing things tend to be avoided or not generally referred to as "carries," specifically. For instance, LoL has a handful of obscenely well-scaling tanks, but I'm not aware of any game with a healer that just scales completely out of control.

So as mentioned, in Dota being a carry usually just means you right click something and it dies. There's a number of ways to go about that, however, so trying to define a carry beyond "eventually this guy is going to murder us all" tends to be a bit useless.

As for everyone's roles... you should really get someone familiar with Dota, but I can give it a shot.

Kyle, Confused Ninja:
Agi hero, good sign. Not a ton of starting Agi, though. First ability is evasion, which is a tanky ability despite aesthetics. Second ability is a spammable (if he's got the mana) stealth ambush scaling off Agility, which suggests either carry or, if you make the distinction, well-scaling burst assassin. Third ability is a slow with a minor blind effect, which is an initiation, catch, and escape, with a slight focus on targets fighting back. Ultimate disables, draws in, and boosts damage on a single target, which screams burst assassin.

Verdict: Tanky burst assassin with mana issues. In Dota terms, probably Durable Carry, maybe Initiator.

Flabort, the Cyan Menace:
Int hero, so presumably mage. Tons of starting Int confirms, abject Str suggests glass cannon. First skill provides HP regen based on Int, and MP regen when at full health. So a sustain mage. Second ability is an AoE execute with lifesteal, which I guess points to being cleanup crew. Third skill summons skellingtons, which should help him keep his distance. His ultimate swaps his primary stat to Str, buffs his Str, and drains his Int for a while. So I guess it turns him tanky, or tankier than he is, at least, though depending on how he's built his damage might drop.

Verdict: Opportunistic artillery with a panic button for all-ins. In Dota terms... I have no idea, actually.

Dytil, the Golem:
Str hero, which leans tanky if not actually a tank. Good starting Str and Agi, which suggests a lack of reliance on activated abilities. First ability... will probably need to be changed, but turns him from a hero into a really dumb, really, really powerful minion that can't siege under turrets. Second ability does weird things and makes him vulnerable to mana loss. Third ability lets him sacrifice non-regenerating mana for a powerful ranged attack. Ultimate is a gapcloser and powerful attack which likewise drains life force.

Verdict: Gimmicky lane blockade who probably wants to build max mana for when he's inevitably kited to hell. Could alternatively build enough HP regen and armor to just not care, or enough raw damage that nothing able to harm him can come within range to poke him down.

Harkus, the Manavoid Templar:
Str hero, with a decent amount of it. First ability is a mana burn on attack, which puts him at an anti-ability dependent autoattacker. Second ability is a shield against spell damage, which deals damage in an area if broken. Clear anti-nuker. Third ability is a totem that restores mana on burning mana, and grants spell resistance to himself and allies. So sustain/poke/siege ability against mana-bearing targets and spell users. Ultimate is an AoE silence that also deals damage to a lone target based on missing mana. Clear anti-ability ability, better in teamfights, as well as a nuke against manaburned or frequently casting foes.

Verdict: Definitely doesn't like mages, or really anyone hoping to use abilities. Antimagic/antiability tank, or in Dota terms probably just Durable.

Lianth, Mage of Flowers:
Int hero, good amounts. Clearly leaning mage. First ability is a root that doesn't allow teleports either and interrupts channels. Obviously handy as a disable for catching or escaping, but also situationally useful as an interrupt. Second ability is a heal and MR booster, which points at combat healer. Third ability creates illusions and disarms (which I assume means you deal no autoattack damage, which I'd know better as Blind) enemy heroes within range when slain. Deeeeefinitely defensive support ability. Ultimate is a nuke that chain hits if it kills a target, which is an obvious nuker spell.

Verdict: Defensive support with a nasty nuke if he feels like KSing. In Dota terms, I assume Support, possibly Disabler, dunno about Nuker.

Monrovia, Avatar of the Monrovian Peoples:
Agi hero, and lots of it. Leaning carry. First ability is a scaling passive damage and AS buff, which is leaning carry as well. Second ability seems to be a dash with a slowing and damaging effect, which I'd most expect from a tanky initiator. Third ability is a dash/gapcloser that stuns and knocks back when targeting enemy Heroes. Almost tempted to call this a tank or initiator ability, since it's better for getting to an area and knocking a target out of the way than, say, a pure escape or chase move. Ultimate is a passive that boosts MS, gives him bleeding cleaving autoattacks, halves damage he takes, and drains his Hype; naturally it activates when he achieves max Hype. Guess that's a carry ability, though I'd almost expect it more on a tank to give him some damage than on a carry to give him even more stuff.

Verdict: Bruiser with a buildup berserk mode. Probably doesn't want to build glass, though he could, and probably doesn't want to build pure tank, though it might work. Not sure what this would be in Dota terms.

Icarus, the War Machine:
Agi hero, decent amounts. First ability is a berserk mode that increases "stats," MS, and grants evasion for a time. Definitely carry material. Second ability shreds armor in stacking fashion, which could be a support ability but in this case probably means the obvious. Third ability grants improved vision and can be activated to boost crit chance instead. The first could be for anything wanting to gank or avoid ganks, but the active portion strongly suggests a squishy hunter. Ultimate is a really long-ranged chargeup gapcloser that stuns and deals large quantities of scaling damage. Definitely something aggressive.

Verdict: Definitely a hard carry. Berserk mode makes her a god for a short while, armor shred makes her a god in any standup fight. In Dota terms, Carry and maybe Escaper.

I'd do my own but I have no idea how it's going to turn out in the official version.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

Cool.

Now the question is, what items are good for whom?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

For that you'll definitely want someone who actually plays Dota. I'm trying to poke around this and still coming up with a shrug for the most part.

Though I suppose part of that is just preference. Kyle might like Mask of Madness, for instance:
Cost: 1800

Active: [25] [25] Berserk - Gives 100 attack speed and 30% movement speed but causes you to take extra 30% damage. Lasts 12 seconds.
Passive: Lifesteal - Grants 20% lifesteal on attacks.

Mask of Madness is a Unique Attack Modifier, and does not stack with other Unique Attack Modifiers.
...especially since he's going to be gibbing disabled targets half the time anyway. But the other half he's going to be gibbing unaware targets in one go anyway, or targets that are already slower than he is, and it means he can't get a different Unique Attack Modifier item, and so on, so I'm not sure if I can call this a "good item" for him beyond stating that it makes him stronger than he'd be without it.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

well, I dunno about you guys but I'll be building mostly stat-items, because of the obvious synergy with overdrive, as well as a manta-style, which is not only a stat-item, but also gives me illusions, for some survivability. With Icarus huge stats, the illusions would also hit pretty hard. Another obvious choice is an ethereal blade maybe. She is not a morphling, but she should still nuke pretty hard with that

speaking of stats, what is our stat-gain btw?
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

well, I dunno about you guys but I'll be building mostly stat-items, because of the obvious synergy with overdrive, as well as a manta-style, which is not only a stat-item, but also gives me illusions, for some survivability. With Icarus huge stats, the illusions would also hit pretty hard. Another obvious choice is an ethereal blade maybe. She is not a morphling, but she should still nuke pretty hard with that
In English plz

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
Re: ❂Defense of the Ancients❂ [OOC][3/?]:
« Reply #127 on: October 11, 2014, 11:38:13 pm »

speaking of stats, what is our stat-gain btw?
+2 for your primary stat and +1 to all others.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

overdrive gives you a percentage of your stats as a bonus. If you have items that give you a lot of stats, this bonus only becomes bigger and bigger, so as long as overdrive is active, she will out-attack any other attacker, out-tank other tanks and maybe even out-mana some mages. Following the build I envisioned for Icarus, once she is 6-slotted, and activates overdrive, she will have about 270 agility

of course, the items with huge stat-boosts are also the most expensive, so she really really needs good farm. You guys better create some space

also what? That stat-gain is garbage.

and

question, are the numbers of tiles on my ult correct? how huge is the map? I basicaly tried to set the range of my ult to be about as large as my vision range with 4 levels in sensors.

what is the range on the active of robot sensors?

also is the damage done not kinda very very low, compared to the regen per turn? Same for health. Isn't there a base?

what is base movement speed?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 11:52:34 pm by Akroma »

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ❂Defense of the Ancients❂ [OOC][3/
« Reply #129 on: October 11, 2014, 11:45:52 pm »

Adjust your stat gain to balance out your character.

Still making the map - it's fairly large though. Edit your sheet to the numbers you think are reasonable.

As far as Icarus can see with her own vision.

Yeah, I may have to nerf regen for both mana and health. Suggestions?

Base speed is 6 tiles.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

well, how large is base-sightrange?

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 11, 2014, 11:51:32 pm »

well, how large is base-sightrange?
I'ma say 12 tiles.

Also, why did you guys assume it was a trilane map? lol. It's one small valley.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 12, 2014, 12:23:51 am »

Why?

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 12, 2014, 08:20:15 am »

Why?
Because the mana regen for some people is enough to use their ability again when its off cooldown, and some HP regens can overcome damage.
I'll put up a poll.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 19, 2014, 08:21:40 pm »

Sorry for not really working on this much - the first turn is the hardest thing I have ever done and am doing, and I have a lot of shit to deal with right now. I suggest roleplaying character interaction while you wait for my ass.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11