Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 22

Author Topic: 13th Age: End of an Era - Chapter 1: The High Druid  (Read 19253 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: 13th Age: End of an Era - Prologue: The Siege of Horizon
« Reply #45 on: October 10, 2014, 02:30:12 pm »

"I am Kyle. I did serve in the army but then my unit... died... yeah, it was pretty crap."
Kyle scratches the back of his head.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 10, 2014, 05:24:38 pm »

"A Bestiary of Demonic creatures, please."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 10, 2014, 06:34:42 pm »

Actipon: Try to rouse the mysterious stranger...
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 11, 2014, 02:58:02 am »

"If you're insist... Lets talk to these wizards."
Duncan leaves the walls and tries to find the wizards.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2014, 01:25:04 pm »

(I'm gonna take a page out of my good friend MNiI's book and try a new style of update to make things a little clearer.)

Katoya and Ethnon
The mysterious stranger is already roused, and he's proclaiming loudly about Her warning and a demon named Skull. Skaal? The demon leading the army attacking Horizon?
Now he's talking about using the toilet... Great.

The guard in the room pokes his head out the door and then looks back to Ethnon, "The captain will want to talk to you. You can use the... facilities... after you talk to him." With that, he leaves, and a few minutes later comes back with a man in golden armor. He tells Ethnon to repeat his message, and he does.
"Who is this woman you speak of. The Diabolist? If the Diabolist can't control her own minions..." The captain looks grim, "Tell me, stranger. If what you say is true, can I trust you to help in the siege? Do you have any combat prowess?"

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 12, 2014, 01:25:32 pm »

Whoops! Posted an incomplete update!

Kyle
The drill sergeant scratches the stubble on his head, "My condolences. I know what it's like to lose a whole squad of good men and women. These demons are right bastards... Anyway, if you're not interested in sparring practice, I don't really have any more need of you. It's getting late and you might want to head down to the barracks for some food."

Alicia
"{A BESTIARY OF DEMONIC CREATURES}" The golem makes a dinging sound and the book's title lights up in its head. "{JUST A MOMENT}"
The golem lifts off the ground and begins to hover, surrounded by some sort of magical field, and you now notice it has no legs. It flies high above you to the top of one of the towering bookshelves, and pulls a book from the row, landing back down in its original position. "{ENJOY YOUR BOOK} {MADAM} {PLEASE RETURN IT WITHIN A FORTNIGHT} {REMEMBER} {LATE FEES ARE EXPENSIVE}" Its head shows a coinpurse emptying before switching to an image of your face with a frown crudely drawn over it. Creepy, in a way...
The book details several different species of demons, as well as a multitude of subtypes. The book is mostly informational, and has sketches of the various demons for reference.
Spoiler: BOOK MECHANICS (click to show/hide)
A middle-aged woman in bright blue robes enters the library and sits down at a table as the golem approaches her. "{GREETINGS} {LADY} {ARWETH} {WHAT CAN I DO FOR YOU TODAY?}"
She speaks in a hoarse voice, and looks tired, like she hasn't slept in days, "Get me that treatise on spacial tunneling."
"{A TREATISE OF SPACIAL TUNNELING}" The golem makes the same dinging noise again and hovers over to a lower shelf, coming back down again to hand her the rather thick book. "{ENJOY YOUR BOOK} {LADY} {ARWETH} {PLEASE RETURN IT WITHIN A FORTNIGHT} {REMEMBER} {LATE F-"
"Yea, yea. Late fees are expensive. Just gimme the damn book."

Duncan
You walk down to the fancier part of town, finally wandering into a big marble library, where you find one of the people you arrived with, the scaly one named Alicia, and a tired looking woman in blue robes. The tired one looks to be a wizard, or at least one in training. Spider confirms the presence of magic, but it could honestly just be all the interference from the city. The whole place is covered in the stuff.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 02:09:50 pm by AlleeCat »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 12, 2014, 03:24:33 pm »

There were questions? Ethnon was disappointed.

"She is not the owner of these particular minions, especially this Skull person. But She is the Diabolist, yes. For some reason She is worried for the well-being of life as you know it, which will not be helped if Skull kills every last one of you. As was said!" Ethnon reiterated and clarified for their benefit, making sure to accentuating the widening of the eyes and the slight hiss Ethnon had been taught to make when pronouncing the word 'She' for what Ethnon presumed to be easy identification in the face of the general vagueness of pronouns. Pronouns confused Ethnon so.

"And if you want, yes, I can help with whatever thing you want besieged. I am not sure what is meant by 'combat prowess', however. Is it the ability to kill things? I kill things sometimes in between episodes of eating, sleeping, idle merriment and tireless industry, whichever the internal organs tell me is more appropriate."
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 03:27:06 pm by Harry Baldman »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 12, 2014, 03:50:45 pm »

Kyle nods.
"Aye. I have worked up a hunger."
With that Kyle heads for the barracks.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 12, 2014, 09:03:09 pm »

"Are there any issues with supplies, due to the siege? If you have materials, I can fletch my own arrows, if need be."

The dwarf draws his katana as he approaches the sharpening wheel, and begins to grind away the nicks and give it a better edge than it had had before he'd come. After this, he wasn't sure what he'd do. See how morale was, perhaps. Maybe give a speech, if needed, or see how the captains wanted him to help.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 12, 2014, 11:54:31 pm »

Duncan walks up to the wizard and clears his throat to get her attention. "You look like you need some rest. Name's Duncan." He extends his hand to shake.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 13, 2014, 06:56:46 am »

Alicia had opened the book, flicking through the thick pages.  Wait, wasn't that Duncan? She watched as he walked up to the wizard-woman.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 17, 2014, 08:42:14 am »

"And if you want, yes, I can help with whatever thing you want besieged. I am not sure what is meant by 'combat prowess', however. Is it the ability to kill things? I kill things sometimes in between episodes of eating, sleeping, idle merriment and tireless industry, whichever the internal organs tell me is more appropriate."

"And I'm Kat. I've got a few skilled friends that are also going to help with the siege.

Would you like to join our group?"

((Sorry about not posting. I was really confused and disoriented there that the unconscious stranger was actually a conscious player, Harry B.))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 17, 2014, 12:01:11 pm »

"And I'm Kat. I've got a few skilled friends that are also going to help with the siege.

"Yes. What is the group? I am Ethnon."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 18, 2014, 12:51:57 pm »

"Yes. What is the group? I am Ethnon."

"Just a few people that met by chance at a road-side inn. We were all going the same way..."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 18, 2014, 04:26:17 pm »

"Just a few people that met by chance at a road-side inn. We were all going the same way..."

"Okay. Who are the few people?"
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 22